Hello I had an lighting storm,  no power went out but I heard a crack sound and now I have no WiFi coming from the netduma. It has power coming to it but jot giving off WiFi nor regular functionality.  I bought it back in march of 2018.

20190710_050931.jpg

20190710_050922.jpg

if this happened during a lightening storm you may have had a power surge which my have caused some damage to the circuit board. You may be out of warrantee/guarantee as it is over 12 months old but I am pretty certain it would not cover "acts of god" as cause of damage by lightening strike as this happened to me many years ago and an act of god is what the insurance company called it.

So you can't access the interface via ethernet? Does your computer get an IP address from it? Trying to figure out if it's totally dead or not.

No.....It doesnt even power on now sadly the power light in the back comes on buy the WiFi light and 1-5 won't even com up unless I use a specific power cord.

Have you tried it with multiple adapters? I wonder if it's just the power adapter which broke and the router itself is okay.

Hard to believe...when the router is sitting their doing nothing and the wireless just stops after a thunder and flash of lightning. Now it seems like its not getting enough power no matter where its plugged. I've tried with 3 different ones.

Could you connect to the router via ethernet from a computer, open the start menu, type "cmd" and press enter, then type "ipconfig" and tell me what's listed as your IPv4 address.

I'm trying to figure out if the computer is talking to the router at all.

Also, if you have any compatible power adapters, could you try them as well? It's much more likely that the power adapter is broken. If it's the power adapter, we can send you a new one.

The problem is the router doesnt beep nor any activity just a dull light in the WiFi area. No ethernet connection or WiFi signal.

Yes but I just wanted to confirm that there's really no data reaching the computer, and if the computer can't get an IP address from the Netduma, that would confirm it.

Also do you think you have any other power adapters around that you could try? As I said, we can send you a replacement power adapter if needed.

I've tried 3 and only one barely lights it up,  Ill see if i have others. If that sounds like a power cord issue i'll gladly take another one,  just to see. But if thats not the problem then i have to buy another one?

The ethernet isnt being read because the netduma isnt getting enough power or has malfunctioned. I'm not home but thats all their is to it.