Donovan

XR700 is not reaching the 940Mbps speed on the WAN Port

Earlier today, I reported an issue with the WAN Port on the XR700 that can't run the speed at 940Mbps with or without QoS "On".

FURRYe38 on the Netgear community was able to replicate and tested out the issue. He confirmed the same problem and you can see his data results here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/XR700-is-not-supporting-900Mb-on-the-WAN-to-LAN-test/m-p/1768795#M11573

Netduma Team could you please have a look on this issue with the WAN Port on the XR700.

Thank you,

Hi Donovan, I saw you posted this in another topic and Alex replied so I assume the team are aware of this and I'll respond on both the Netgear topics as well but could you provide some more information about the tests you performed and the settings you used as well as what your physical setup is please.

Hi Fraser, Alex did replied to my post but I can't really tell you if your team are aware of this issue. Maybe you can inform them to make sure they know.

For my test,  I did the 3 physical setups:

Setup #1) ISP Cable 940Mbps/50Mbps -> Technicolor TC4400 Modem -> Workstation

and

Setup #2) ISP Cable 940Mbps/50Mbps -> Technicolor TC4400 Modem -> WAN Port on the XR700 router -> Workstation.

Note: Setting for XR700: After a factory reset, the Wifi physical switch was at the position "OFF", with or without QoS, and ABB is at 100% and at Always or at Never. I only plug one device on the LAN port of my XR700 and the remaining LAN Ports are not occupied by any device.

and

Setup#3) ISP Cable 940Mbps/50Mbps -> Technicolor TC4400 Modem -> WAN Port on Linksys WRT3200ACM router -> Workstation.

I did my speedtest with my ISP website and on phone with the technician of my ISP. I was able to get the full speed directly with the first and the third setup but not with the second setup when you use the WAN port on the XR700.

In the second setup did you make sure that you had input 1000/1000 for speeds? 

Also using the ISP speed test won't be an accurate real world test as it'll be very close to your home which isn't what will happen most when online, what do you get using speedtest.net?

I did ask the team last night to try and reproduce the issue.

On 6/30/2019 at 7:18 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

In the second setup did you make sure that you had input 1000/1000 for speeds?  

Yes at 1000/1000 and also with 940/50. I'm getting the same result.

Also using the ISP speed test won't be an accurate real world test as it'll be very close to your home which isn't what will happen most when online, what do you get using speedtest.net?

First, I tried speedtest.net and it is where I find out that my XR700 can't get the 1Gbps speed. So I went on my ISP speed test to see if I can get the full 1Gbps and the result is the same. I can't get the full 1Gbps speed with the XR700 on my ISP speed test.

So I tested the setup #1 to see if there's an issue with my internet 1Gbps speed and I have no problem to get the full speed with my ISP speed test and speedtest.net before I test the setup #2 and #3. Only the setup #1 and #3 passed the full Gigabit speed and not with the XR700.

I did ask the team last night to try and reproduce the issue.

Was the team able to reproduce the error on a XR700? Or did the team find anything?

Okay thank you for the information. As it is the weekend they won't be in the office, the earliest they could try to reproduce would be next week assuming they have the time to do so. I will keep you updated.

Having the same problem here. Speed test 940/940 Mpbs direct attached to ONT via LAN but using the SFP+ port the WAN speedtest won't go pass 660 Mpbs in my case for the download. Tried different combinations but always got similar results.

So you're actually having the opposite problem? Your SFP+ port is much slower than your WAN port?