Sign in to follow this  
zhuiguang2022

Since the XR300 was released, then

Will there be XR750 or XR900 in the next month? , Network Processing Chip Main Frequency Upgrade and WPA3; And the pricing geometry of the new product line? $600 to start? And ...

Not in the next month no.

In theory you could use a DumaOS device to filter your network but use a separate device to generate wifi.

Sorry,AIex;Let you twist my meaning; I mean the question of the new product release plan a few months later. AD's words are only supported by Asustek game mobile phones in China. The XR700 is a high-grade version of XR500/AC in China, so I hope this pain point can be changed.

And: Domestic hardware manufacturers, in the second half of the year consider the adaptation of 802.11 AX; Therefore, it is urgent to know whether the next XR series product has considered supporting 802.11 AX

Yeah that's right, it's confidential, sorry. I'll forward your suggestions on though.

On 5/28/2019 at 12:10 PM, zhuiguang2022 said:

Will there be XR750 or XR900 in the next month? , Network Processing Chip Main Frequency Upgrade and WPA3; And the pricing geometry of the new product line? $600 to start? And ...

I would point out all WiFi 6 routers (AX) are still draft, the final draft is set for Q3 this year. Current silicon may not be completely compatible with the final draft of Wi-Fi 6 either, like wave 2 if Wi-Fi 5 with Mu-Mimo and HT160. Also AX routers do nothing for AC clients and there are very few AX clients at present, so 2020 probably will be the year of true Wi-Fi 6 routers being worth buying, and then only when you have enough clients to make it worth while financially. WPA3 has already been hacked so it can be used to steal passwords*, so that's fun! Not all of the features to make it watertight were used in the final draft for WPA3 so its not surprising it got hacked before it became mainstream. Some current routers will me updated to WPA3, so why rush? The whole AX push is about getting consumers to spend money well ahead of when its actually needed. ;)

"The IEEE is currently scheduled to ratify the 802.11ax amendment in Q3 of 2019. The Wi-Fi Alliance has a similar timeline for an 802.11ax certification"

* https://www.snbforums.com/threads/wpa3-vulnerable-to-hacks-that-steal-wi-fi-passwords.56048/

However, fish and bear Palm can not have both! If you want to upgrade the main frequency of the network processor, you will lose DumaOS's powerful network management ... sigh!

2 hours ago, zhuiguang2022 said:

If you can see it in the third quarter, I am willing to wait for the party once; If that's not the case, we 'll have to consider rax120.

I beta tested the RAX120 for Netgear, great router but does nothing for present AC clients. I would wait for prices to come down, and to make sure that the SoC in these routers will support the final features set. One of the things people want from AX kit is HT160 and the R7800 and XR500/XR700 has that already so right now that would be the only benefit in updating, and since gaming uses very small packets of data a massively powerful CPU is not needed anyway, but it helps for streaming multiple 4K HDR etc. Ive been using my beta RAX120 and it is not something I would rush out and buy, its just not worth the cost for the features it has until AX kit is predominant..

https://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/infographic/Final-80211ax-release-date-now-slated-for-late-2019