WACK

Geo filter not working at all: Destiny 2

I posted a couple comments on another thread, but this needs to be addressed. Since the destiny servers were all white listed, geofiltering doesnt work at all. Not in strict mode, regardless of the range, etc. It is CONSTANT connections to INDIVIDUAL players from way outside the range of the geo filter. 

What is the solution for this, or does geofiltering just flat out not work for D2? 

I should note that moving the center of my geofilter (and rebooting) in D2 does not actually change what servers or what players I connect to. 

If you cant deny servers, you cant geofilter. Forcing all destiny servers to be white listed seems to make the geofilter not work.

The ability to toggle Strict Mode was implemented primarily because of the weird way Destiny does PvP, so make sure Strict Mode is OFF if it's not already, it must always be off for Destiny.

What country are you from? I'm only asking so that we can see why certain matches are being chosen over others.

On 5/17/2019 at 6:06 AM, Netduma Alex said:

The ability to toggle Strict Mode was implemented primarily because of the weird way Destiny does PvP, so make sure Strict Mode is OFF if it's not already, it must always be off for Destiny.

What country are you from? I'm only asking so that we can see why certain matches are being chosen over others.

I am from the US. No matter where I set the geo-filter, I get matches with SOLO people from all over the world. They are not being brought in by a fireteam leader connecting to them, they seem to being brought in because you dont allow me to black list servers that people in denmark and Japan are connecting to.

This router simply doesnt work at all with Destiny2 since you whitelisted all the servers. Since this is the game I play, it is dishartening that the router doesnt work at all with D2. Especially when it USED to work when I could deny servers from out of the country. 

Also, you guys should get your suggestions in order, since the last time I created a topic to discuss this, it was suggested to use strict mode (and that it would lead to more disconnected games, but better connections). Now you are claiming to NEVER use strict mode. Regardless, strict mode or not, the geofilter simply doesnt work at all for Destiny anymore. 

Can you please either admit that it doesnt work at all, or give some advice on how to set it up so it works. Right now at least 50% of players I match against are from other continents, when my geo filter is set to 500km in my area. To test if it made any difference at all, I moved it to Europe, where I got the same random matchmaking, as evidence that the geofilter doesnt do anything at all with D2. 

I see you play on PS4, maybe you can fireteam with me and explain how my setup is not right. 

You can't block players from joining a server so theres nothing you can do about specifically, what area of the US are you - west? Are you seeing people in game with connections that are causing you issues or is it just the Geo-Filter that is prompting your concern? 

Destiny works using a Hybrid P2P/Server system and so blocking servers can lead to disconnections mid game, it wasn't always like this and doesn't happen every single time but it does happen a lot. We whitelisted servers that we identified it communicates with occasionally for this purpose. 

I second that Hybrid P2P = Destiny 2.  I use geofiltering without issues and Destiny2 is all I play via xbox.  I do toggle it off to do ping assist from time to time just to get players faster in early morning and off peak times.