So I pretty much upgraded to this router a month or two ago and sometimes the ping times are better, ive had very very bad packet loss every 5 minutes constantly. Ive called my isp at least 150 times and have had 5 techs and said everything is good to go.  I also noticed that I am going super far away from my house then back to the server. 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

What router do you have the Netduma R1 or one of the XR routers? I'll move this post to the support section once I know which you have.

I would first suggest you follow this guide when connected to the modem and nothing else is using the internet, then try it with your connection saturated. After that connect ALL devices to the router and perform the same two tests except for the last test where the connection is saturated make sure you're using QoS we recommend 70% for both download and upload (use 'Always' if on DumaOS). Then post up the screenshots for us to have a look: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

What do you mean by 'I also noticed that I am going super far away from my house then back to the server.' is this a game server or a different one? How are you determining this?

So I’ve pretty much narrowed my problem down to a part of it being the routing my isp is taking me between the servers. Is there a way I can implement some kind of program or enable something on the router to fix this? Also if I enable a vpn on my router, will that go against terms of service of a game which might now like the idea of a vpn? 

Okay if it is routing then that is something you'll need to take up with your ISP. A VPN could work if you select the closest server, they may have a better route to the game server. It's dependent on the game really but if you're using one that's basically in the same location and the ping difference is negligible then you should be fine.