On 5/3/2019 at 1:11 PM, Netduma Iain said:

See my prior response to Zennon about player-filtering. In regard to kicking a player out, in a server based game you can't do that you can only kick yourself out by blocking the connection. Hope that helps.

But I have been talking about P2P. 

On 5/3/2019 at 1:11 PM, Netduma Iain said:

Right so temporary ban being the key. Gotcha thanks for the feedback.

Wouldn't that mean you are banning yourself from the Server based game?.. 

I think having a visual representation of a trace route overlay the geofilter for the current host would be cool and helpful. Just run maybe 1 trace route when you initially connect to the server/peer/host and have it show you as much as it can (because we all know some hops are private *** hops). 

When are you guys going to update OS? The year is already half over and lord knows when we received the last update with ping assist. I keep hearing we have exciting things coming but nothing to show for it. Eventually I'm going to have to break down and buy a XR500. But I really don't want to buy one if you guys are going to update the shit one every year. Netgear will take another year to sit around the table and talk about nothing and then they'll update it. My point is this current game that I play and the only fkn game I play or care about is cod. Anything yall can do to make this game play better would be phenomenal. Also just fixing the shit that is broken on OS would be phenomenal. I don't mean to be negative towards you guys. But geez you guys used to push out updates all of time on the old software and it usually performed well with the other cods. Any insight or non corporate bs would be great. 

Thanks a loyal customer since day one

7 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

When are you guys going to update OS? The year is already half over and lord knows when we received the last update with ping assist. I keep hearing we have exciting things coming but nothing to show for it. Eventually I'm going to have to break down and buy a XR500. But I really don't want to buy one if you guys are going to update the shit one every year. Netgear will take another year to sit around the table and talk about nothing and then they'll update it. My point is this current game that I play and the only fkn game I play or care about is cod. Anything yall can do to make this game play better would be phenomenal. Also just fixing the shit that is broken on OS would be phenomenal. I don't mean to be negative towards you guys. But geez you guys used to push out updates all of time on the old software and it usually performed well with the other cods. Any insight or non corporate bs would be great. 

Thanks a loyal customer since day one

I'm sure the devs will comment further but keep in mind that DumaOS on the R1 is still in beta so we're working very hard to bring out great updates that include fixes and new features. We're not giving out any dates on when we would release a firmware.

On 6/1/2019 at 8:10 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm sure the devs will comment further but keep in mind that DumaOS on the R1 is still in beta so we're working very hard to bring out great updates that include fixes and new features. We're not giving out any dates on when we would release a firmware.

I don't want to sound like a whining impatient ass like the rest of the population Fraser and I know you guys hit roadblaocks in testing (my wife is in coding btw which is a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me so I get it that it takes time to perfect things. She is always fixing and rewriting software). Just maybe send out something. We are in beta. Which means we are testing as well, I guess the fact the way this game plays just aggrevates the hell out me. I know a lot is server related..When the R1 first came out it legitimately changed how the game played. It ran smoothly connection wise and made me feel like I was on a level playing field. The way it plays now it doesn't anymore. So I feel like duma has falling behind the times in a sense. So in a sense I'm pushing for yall to push something out soon please! crisp connection is paramount!

Once again a loyal customer since day one!

I get that, I'm not a dev either but I know the process and it is rather laborious, I'm sure they will comment themselves on this matter more than I can. 

If you think your issues are related to the router then make a new topic with your concerns and we can take a look. 

On 5/3/2019 at 7:11 AM, Netduma Iain said:

The details of QoS is different on different platforms (we use fq-codel, codel and our own algo for bufferbloat). Kudos to David Taht for codel implementation btw. But remember that is only a 1/3 of our current QoS solution ;) Watch this space....

Interesting! Can we get the Cake Queue Discipline with the DumaOS?