bbursley

how do youtubers get such clean connections like this?

4 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I'm not saying they don't have advantage due to connection. I'm saying that skill is still involved. You can have the best connection in the world but if you can't aim for shit and your reactions are rubbish, you're not gonna get anywhere. I don't even know how I ever played CoD without Kontrol Freaks. My aim is still not that great but the difference between using KF's and not is night and day.

Ive used control freaks, I consider those more placebo than anything. I used to use the CQC one and "thought" they helped me, and maybe they did. But muscle memory and hand eye coordination is alot more effective in my opinion. Ive been using the OEM sticks now and I dont think I would ever go back. what really DOES help is having some tension in the spring that controls the analog sticks. Id go back to 360 and my aim would be better simply because it was harder to overcorrect yourself with the extra tension involved. The xbox one x is alot looser feeling. I think when you add the height you reduce overcorrection that alot of people do. I noticed this and made it a commitment to just lowering my sensitivity or using whatever sight helps me with my hand eye coordination. Its like driving a car for the first time, it feels weird and its harder to stay in the lines depending on what you focus on, but in time you ajust and then you dont even think about it aymore. Alertness and any form of cognitive enhancement benefits a person over any extra proprietary tools tbh. Its about having neuro plasticity to strengthen connections that turn into a permanent effect.

6 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

He's said in many videos that the server is basically in his back garden. I'm assuming he has FTTP 1g/1g and his base ping is 1-2ms.

I thought I once heard him say he uses a Netduma R1. I could be wrong though.

Also, you say Netduma is causing inconsistency but EliteShot uses one and seems to have little trouble getting consistent matches.

Eliteshot also has Fiber as well, he could match with a player host and still mow people down. Verizon Fios, Google fiber, ATT fiber are all premium fiber companies in America. I cant tell you how many times I get destroyed by people with fiber, or have been in parties with people who do so they literally wreck the lobby. I didnt know that he was that close though, so clearly hes literally routing right to it almost as if hes conencted as directly to it as possible. I guess that could explain alot of the "advantage" we see in some of these people. Also Eliteshot lives in new york, if he gets that dedicated server with fiber, its over for everyone. I guess location of server, routing and connection type are all key factors that must be rolled into one to have a godly connection like we see from these guys. I feel you on the domination thing though. what works best for me is if I can be the lowest ping in the lobby and everyone else is higher. An issue I see a netduma causing though is players who might otherwise have a BAD connection being able to force themselves onto an otherwise perfect server. Say im in germany and I wanna connect to the server in the USA. Im gonna 3 bar for sure and im going to ruin everyone elses day because of it. So while the netduma can help some people it can also cause issues for those who didnt ask for it. If for instance Im forcing to my usual server and germany guy does to...well then its a really 50/50 on who wins, probably he will. I had that happen to me already and I was so pissed off that no matter what I did I couldnt touch him. Wasnt it back in MW2 where people said ping was ping and if you lagged it was just unfortunate for you? yeah they should bring that back.....

2 minutes ago, bbursley said:

Wasnt it back in MW2 where people said ping was ping and if you lagged it was just unfortunate for you? yeah they should bring that back.....

MW2 by far had the best connections and hitdetection. Since then connections got worse every year. 

4 minutes ago, RiotControll said:

MW2 by far had the best connections and hitdetection. Since then connections got worse every year. 

Not for me they weren't. I actually stopped playing that game after a guy set off my claymore and as he was stunned I put 3 shots of a shotgun at point blank range at him and he just one shot me!

The claymore should've killed him, nevermind my shooting him. But back then I duno how good my internet was. I didn't monitor anything back then.

CoD4 and Ghosts for me was by far the best for connection. Don't think I ever had shoot first die first in either of them games. No gaming monitor, no gaming router, no fancy controllers or KF's. Then AW came out and it all seemed to go backwards connection wise and seemed to only get worse with every CoD after until I got my Duma R1.

4 minutes ago, RiotControll said:

Infinity ward games usually do have great hit detection honestly. I hardy ever had many issues on those games, unless the host was in another country you really didnt have to many issues. Idk why these developers cant get with the concept and stop tweaking it in every direction. In MW2 you even had these massive streaks flying around too. I miss having that, it was definitely really cool. Heres to hoping cod 2018 brings those things back in "MW4" or whatever it might be.

3 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Not for me they weren't. I actually stopped playing that game after a guy set off my claymore and as he was stunned I put 3 shots of a shotgun at point blank range at him and he just one shot me!

The claymore should've killed him, nevermind my shooting him. But back then I duno how good my internet was. I didn't monitor anything back then.

CoD4 and Ghosts for me was by far the best for connection. Don't think I ever had shoot first die first in either of them games. No gaming monitor, no gaming router, no fancy controllers or KF's. Then AW came out and it all seemed to go backwards connection wise and seemed to only get worse with every CoD after until I got my Duma R1.

absolutely! the original cod4 and ghosts were fantastic for hit detection. In fact ghosts was almost too good, you'd be melting people. I still jump on there from time to time to relive that experience, unfortunately it is and always has been infested by campers. But if you keep your awareness up you can generally melt them if youre accurate. I have idk how many hundreds of thousands of kills in that game, even was one of the first cods I got really noticed in by many players because it was easy to get kills consistently. My cousin played it over wifi on a old tube TV and still did well both in MP and GB's lmao. God why did they ruin netcode over the years. AW was really bad without host filtering too. Though whats weird is I had played it on other peoples internet with the same ISP and no netduma and the connection was always solid, (and over wifi lol). We have to just pray to the COD gods we get treated more fairly in the coming years or games like fortnite and apex are going to continue to squash it into the ground. Sure there will be cod fans but itll just die out and gain worse and worse rep every year till its worthless if they dont make that change.

15 minutes ago, bbursley said:

Infinity ward games usually do have great hit detection honestly. I hardy ever had many issues on those games, unless the host was in another country you really didnt have to many issues. 

Infinity Ward generally ruins the game for me in January with their 1. major map pack patch. The connections are garbage then. 

15 minutes ago, bbursley said:

Idk why these developers cant get with the concept and stop tweaking it in every direction. 

Because they want to please everyone that's the problem.