Jump to content
Peter

Anyone else having time to kill issues on bo4

Recommended Posts

Reading these comments and I'm literally laughing out load.... soon gamers in America will be playing on EU servers and vice versa 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I give up cod is just trash and always will be, the person with shit internet do no realise how good they have it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, A1_Boston said:

Reading these comments and I'm literally laughing out load.... soon gamers in America will be playing on EU servers and vice versa 😂

If we had a colony on the moon, I'm certain that Activision would install a dedi on there and force everyone in the US to play on that, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if ping isnt king, then why is spratty still slaying lobbies? If a person can realistically get 5ms to a server, you can guarantee your butt that youre gonna get lag compensated, there's no question about it. At least, thats how the game is technically suppose to work, you get slowed down and they dont. But back to spratty and the servers in the backyard, that doesnt make sense. But could it be that we are forcing local servers and the game is trying to give us a better connection and we are defying that via geofilter? Also could it just be that this game has alot more lag compensation but at an inappropriate level? I personally feel like the lobbys were better on 30hz. Cuz with a higher server tick rate, those laggy ass players really get a better chance since the game is updating where they are more so in real time than having it at half that rate. Then it has to apply lag compensation and the other game mechanics and by the time its all said and done, the players who had no fun and lagged on 30 are gonna dominate on 60. But as crossfit pointed out that its definitely the case because if he induces artificial latency by connected further away, then the game effectively is lagging everyone else to his advantage, and with such a latency increase, the game feels good again since now other players are behind in frames instead of him. I dont know whats worse, MW3 or BO4 tbh.....I went back to mw3 some time ago and I felt like it still outplayed BO4. Only thing  is MW3 had so much camping it was sickening, but it was the most criticized game for its "lag compensation", but I think that mostly applied to hosts. So really its clear that ping isnt king and that what ping you want  to be at purely is based on how the game compensates. In BO3, ping is absolutely king, and i get shredded by those garbage kids with 1KD's (no offense to anyone who has that) even though im shooting first, Ill still die since im aware that I still am further from the server than them with no other choice. I get into lobbies on BO4 and nobody is lagging that I can tell anyways, and it can play rough. It is what it is, guess if you cant beat em, out lag them back :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bbursley said:

if ping isnt king, then why is spratty still slaying lobbies? If a person can realistically get 5ms to a server, you can guarantee your butt that youre gonna get lag compensated, there's no question about it. At least, thats how the game is technically suppose to work, you get slowed down and they dont. But back to spratty and the servers in the backyard, that doesnt make sense. But could it be that we are forcing local servers and the game is trying to give us a better connection and we are defying that via geofilter? Also could it just be that this game has alot more lag compensation but at an inappropriate level? I personally feel like the lobbys were better on 30hz. Cuz with a higher server tick rate, those laggy ass players really get a better chance since the game is updating where they are more so in real time than having it at half that rate. Then it has to apply lag compensation and the other game mechanics and by the time its all said and done, the players who had no fun and lagged on 30 are gonna dominate on 60. But as crossfit pointed out that its definitely the case because if he induces artificial latency by connected further away, then the game effectively is lagging everyone else to his advantage, and with such a latency increase, the game feels good again since now other players are behind in frames instead of him. I dont know whats worse, MW3 or BO4 tbh.....I went back to mw3 some time ago and I felt like it still outplayed BO4. Only thing  is MW3 had so much camping it was sickening, but it was the most criticized game for its "lag compensation", but I think that mostly applied to hosts. So really its clear that ping isnt king and that what ping you want  to be at purely is based on how the game compensates. In BO3, ping is absolutely king, and i get shredded by those garbage kids with 1KD's (no offense to anyone who has that) even though im shooting first, Ill still die since im aware that I still am further from the server than them with no other choice. I get into lobbies on BO4 and nobody is lagging that I can tell anyways, and it can play rough. It is what it is, guess if you cant beat em, out lag them back :))

I took a week off the game and came back and do ya know what I noticed  theirs serious frame rate issues players skipping across my screen and not all my shots connecting and getting destroyed and the guns that you have alot of movement with aim down sight are the worst cause you can see them gitter on my screen I thought it was lag but now I know the game cant run at 60 Hertzs and I think people with a good connection notice it more, i know ive lost the fight when I see them skip and it's not the Duma that's the problem just the game is just very badly made but as usual they will get away with because we have already payed for shit, the game wasnt right on release and it's still not right and their updates are absolutely rubbish very badly updated game goodjob tho treyarch spot on with their black market fucking assholes, look lads theirs no fixing multiplayer if whole issue is the game isn't performing right, let me know lads if ya notice this cause frame rate is so back and I think it's because it's too fast paced and the game cant keep up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bbursley said:

 But could it be that we are forcing local servers and the game is trying to give us a better connection and we are defying that via geofilter? 

No because when I play late at night, I turn off the geo as I struggle to find games then. 9/10 matches without the geo are on the UK dedi which I am just 40 miles from and connect to @ 7ms. Do I seem to be ahead of anyone? No. Game plays exactly the same for me, geo or no geo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peter said:

I noticed  theirs serious frame rate issues players skipping across my screen and not all my shots connecting and getting destroyed and the guns that you have alot of movement with aim down sight are the worst cause you can see them gitter on my screen

I play this game every day and have not once seen any frame rate drops or anyone skipping across the screen. I swear this shit must only happen in TDM and if thats the case thank god I stay away from that gametype!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I play league and objective games, what ps4 do you have

10 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I play this game every day and have not once seen any frame rate drops or anyone skipping across the screen. I swear this shit must only happen in TDM and if thats the case thank god I stay away from that gametype!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Peter said:

I play league and objective games, what ps4 do you have

 

I only play Domination. I play on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I only play Domination. I play on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.

Right, but didnt you say before that connecting to the NY server was better gameplay for you than over in the UK. In other words youre still adding latency going overseas and cancelling out the lag compensation on your end. Its not that your connection is bad clearly, hell I can get less that 25ms to a dedicated server, thats literally the lowest it gets for me and that is in a state halfway down the USA. Anything local simply does not exist, then again I havent really tried, but im sure the routing would be trash so I dont even bother.

 

So really I was referring back to, if youre using geo to get local matches, then youre hurting yourself with lag comp. However, when you are choosing your host/server to be further, it theoretically balances out due to netcode. Theres a million and one ways games and connections all work and why someone has the right connection and right next to xyz server and blah blah. If its 7ms to your server what does it look like when you ping plot it? What is the route like? Honestly no matter what they do itll never be fair, either ping will be king and the others will hate it, or the trash connections will thrash you and youll wanna give up then too. I guess the best thing to do is camp over different servers or areas and then determine which plays best for what game. Its sad though if a player has to give themselves more latency to play a fair match. Youd think netcode would just be good like ghosts or mw2 where none of this crap mattered anyways. The cod developers never understand, which is shocking since youd assume they would have played the game. Perhaps maybe they dont and thats why they are so ignorant to the issues at hand, or they just dont care. I mean, they cared enough to flip on the higher server tick rate, but that didnt seem to matter. I honestly gave up on that game, even if the connection was good the game was annoying overall. Not trying to run into tons of campers with shields up, and then all the other annoying crap lol. Id rather play ghosts where people camp, hit detection works, and IEDs dont always instakill you if you know how to react to them or even look out for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, bbursley said:

In other words youre still adding latency going overseas and cancelling out the lag compensation on your end. Its not that your connection is bad clearly, hell I can get less that 25ms to a dedicated server, thats literally the lowest it gets for me and that is in a state halfway down the USA. Anything local simply does not exist, then again I havent really tried, but im sure the routing would be trash so I dont even bother.

 

 

The point I'm making is, while playing on a US server... am I ahead of everyone, do peoples run right past me like I'm not even there like what happens in alot of YT'bers gameplays?

No.

Does that happen while on the UK server @ 7ms?

No.

Does that ever happen to me?

No.

So does latency/ping cause that to happen?

I think not.

Also, just the prove a point... I just had 3 matches using my phone as a hotspot... couldn't even get one kill. Hit markers galore. So shitty connection clearly isn't the answer neither.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

The point I'm making is, while playing on a US server... am I ahead of everyone, do peoples run right past me like I'm not even there like what happens in alot of YT'bers gameplays?

No.

Does that happen while on the UK server @ 7ms?

No.

Does that ever happen to me?

No.

So does latency/ping cause that to happen?

I think not.

Also, just the prove a point... I just had 3 matches using my phone as a hotspot... couldn't even get one kill. Hit markers galore. So shitty connection clearly isn't the answer neither.

Listen buck I made this thread to help each other out, if your playing on us servers you dont know the issue and using your phone to make a point it's not really a good example, I know framerate issues when I see it a player who is shooting at you and hes strafing over and back and hes skipping and your bullets ain't connecting but you know you were hitting him and now and again instant deads and your like wtf that's framerate and not being able to run at 60 hertz, now the bigger question is I put up with the bullshit and still drop 30 to 40 kills a game why are you playing in America and why to you feel you need to play with them for lag comp and I connect to 25 ms dedicated servers never had anyless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Peter said:

Listen buck I made this thread to help each other out, if your playing on us servers you dont know the issue and using your phone to make a point it's not really a good example, I know framerate issues when I see it a player who is shooting at you and hes strafing over and back and hes skipping and your bullets ain't connecting but you know you were hitting him and now and again instant deads and your like wtf that's framerate and not being able to run at 60 hertz, now the bigger question is I put up with the bullshit and still drop 30 to 40 kills a game why are you playing in America and why to you feel you need to play with them for lag comp and I connect to 25 ms dedicated servers never had anyless

I never even mentioned frame rate...

I was talking about the fact YT'bers seem to be ahead of everyone else in the lobby...

Wtf are you talking about lol!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your on about spratt hes a sniper and their overpowered as shit and if your on about pros well that's why their pros and they play on Lan, what you tubers are you talking about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Peter said:

If your on about spratt hes a sniper and their overpowered as shit and if your on about pros well that's why their pros and they play on lan

Not talking about Spratt.

Not talking about pro's neither.

You ever watch TMem, Swagg, MarkofJ... they are clearly ahead of everyone else. Most players run straight at them like they're not even there and don't even react to them most of the time.

And they also bullet sponge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya I watch two of them and your right but they are absolute beasts but the mark of j plays tdm or kill comfirmed, but I get what your saying it feels like their playing noobs all the time I do agree but their bullet seem very consistent aswell so I honestly dont know bud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder would it have anything to do with server location like how close are the to it at the end of the day or are they paying for shitty servers in the eu, the mark of I also always knows where the enemy is coming from

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just checking mark of j stats he has a 6 kid and 40 percent accuracy which would probably help alot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

The point I'm making is, while playing on a US server... am I ahead of everyone, do peoples run right past me like I'm not even there like what happens in alot of YT'bers gameplays?

No.

Does that happen while on the UK server @ 7ms?

No.

Does that ever happen to me?

No.

So does latency/ping cause that to happen?

I think not.

Also, just the prove a point... I just had 3 matches using my phone as a hotspot... couldn't even get one kill. Hit markers galore. So shitty connection clearly isn't the answer neither.

latency is one thing, jitter is another. Cell phone hotspots have both, adding delay is alot differnt than adding both, so really a cell phone hotspot does not prove alot. what the idea was is that extra latency adds some advantage. Im sure theres a point where its beneficial and a point where its not. Just as theres a point where 7ms is enough. I personally dont trust any of these ping tests, the netduma ones maybe, but why do those differ so greatly from the in game? Theres alot of unknown. What we do know is for sure is that cod netcode is asscheeks and people are getting annoyed over it. Just quit. You cant fix a broken game, and you cant fix that some people are always going to have the advantage. I swear these pro teams must live right near servers and it would not surprise me if they had a perfect connection (heck maybe even a VPN) straight to the servers. Theres alot we dont know, but we are aware that some people obviously have it better and that its not fair. But thats always been cod, youre either dumping on people or getting dumped on. If developers cant be intelligent enough or have enough studies to create a better system then it just proves that all they do is recycle old BS just for money. Otherwise they would be studying the netcode and making it work right. They would be taking notice of past games and wondering how to make it better. Infinity ward is the only company that seems to get it right most of the time. You can literally go play most of their games with nearly no players and from far distances and TBH most of the time you cant even tell if the host is decent. Treyarch flopped the latest game and its pretty damn obvious they dont care. This game has seen less content support than any of their other games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Peter said:

I was just checking mark of j stats he has a 6 kid and 40 percent accuracy which would probably help alot

the dude practically never misses lol. Its not even human. He even plays like hes a robot. Like no emotional responses hardly at all, its not....normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bbursley said:

latency is one thing, jitter is another. Cell phone hotspots have both, adding delay is alot differnt than adding both, so really a cell phone hotspot does not prove alot. what the idea was is that extra latency adds some advantage. Im sure theres a point where its beneficial and a point where its not. Just as theres a point where 7ms is enough. I personally dont trust any of these ping tests, the netduma ones maybe, but why do those differ so greatly from the in game? Theres alot of unknown. What we do know is for sure is that cod netcode is asscheeks and people are getting annoyed over it. Just quit. You cant fix a broken game, and you cant fix that some people are always going to have the advantage. I swear these pro teams must live right near servers and it would not surprise me if they had a perfect connection (heck maybe even a VPN) straight to the servers. Theres alot we dont know, but we are aware that some people obviously have it better and that its not fair. But thats always been cod, youre either dumping on people or getting dumped on. If developers cant be intelligent enough or have enough studies to create a better system then it just proves that all they do is recycle old BS just for money. Otherwise they would be studying the netcode and making it work right. They would be taking notice of past games and wondering how to make it better. Infinity ward is the only company that seems to get it right most of the time. You can literally go play most of their games with nearly no players and from far distances and TBH most of the time you cant even tell if the host is decent. Treyarch flopped the latest game and its pretty damn obvious they dont care. This game has seen less content support than any of their other games. 

I agree with everything you said treyarch have no interest in this game at all bullshit lobbies and saying ping is key with is not true their trying to keep sales up and give the shit players a chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bbursley said:

the dude practically never misses lol. Its not even human. He even plays like hes a robot. Like no emotional responses hardly at all, its not....normal.

The man is a beast I've be watching him for yrs, he never loses his positioning on the map is good aswell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bbursley said:

the dude practically never misses lol. Its not even human. He even plays like hes a robot. Like no emotional responses hardly at all, its not....normal.

They rarely have a chance to shoot back at him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Peter said:

I agree with everything you said treyarch have no interest in this game at all bullshit lobbies and saying ping is key with is not true their trying to keep sales up and give the shit players a chance

One DLC map pack so far and only 6 months left of its life. Thats really pathetic. Glad I never bought the season pass. Total ripoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...