Jump to content
Peter

Anyone else having time to kill issues on bo4

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Ya I have found tho you have to lead your shot in this game to kill aswell I'm on a fibre connection, but if I start shooting say at the back of the body I get a load of hit markers that's another thing I noticed in multiplayer, I know blackout is different that all about leading shots,

blackout is different from mp. Cause its more like the real thing with bullet drop and all that. Yes, you definitly have to lead your shot. Sniping in blackout is too much fun. I never get tired of it. It so much more satisfying when you get a head shot kill with a sniper then any other weapon. the distinct sound that goes off. I love that!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Seye said:

Sooooo? Cancel search when I see "expanding search"? I honestly don't see that useful, canceling the search alone is hard at that split second the game is about to load besides the menu is laggy has hell you might crash the game or never find a lobby that what happened to be on time. I had to restart the game application to find a lobby.

Just wanted to share my tip if you going to search without geo-filter. You don’t need to cancel the search but remember the ping of the server might be higher then expected. When it says expanding search 3-4 times the risk is it might put on 110ms lobby or higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter said:

Ya I have found tho you have to lead your shot in this game to kill aswell I'm on a fibre connection, but if I start shooting say at the back of the body I get a load of hit markers that's another thing I noticed in multiplayer, I know blackout is different that all about leading shots,

Here is what I do...

If the enemy is on the move then you lead your shot, if they standing still i.e looting, crouching not moving then aim on them directly.

As for the hit makers I do get hit markers on body armour but not on the head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 2:13 PM, bbursley said:

Try doing what I did and just set the static IP outside the automatic assignment of the DHCP server on the Netduma. So my auto dhcp range was like idk .100-250? So I made my console set to .10 that was it was never going to change. After that I just left upnp be. I actually initially deleted my console from the devices page as well once it was off and rebooted the router after and the console. Then resetup the geo. Idk I’ve be having really good luck in games mow versus previously. Often times Qos didn’t seem like it was doing much, or geo wasn’t working for crap, and sometimes some ports would go moderate for the games I needed them for (well I mean to say it reported as moderate, which to me means something on the dhcp end wasn’t communicating right). So after that style of setup I have hardly had issues, aside from some games no favoring you having a lower ping, again I think this highly depends on the net code and what it decides to do. Like I went back to ghosts expecting to crush the lobby, instead I got melted over and over. I have found more positive results in turning the geo off or setting the radius so close that I might become host (that hardly happens). People say nat types don’t create lag, that’s bullshit. Because when you have dedicated servers involved and nat gets flaky you get stuck with worse connections. Everything works together to create a better outcome. I mean shit, I’ve been getting shot at first in some instances now only to mow down the other person instead. Gunfights that we could argue I might not probably win under normal circumstances. But this happens with many people, getting the upper hand is sometimes not intentional. Like the laggy player that just destroys you even though they shouldn’t, or the guy who’s ping is drastically better to the point where they see you before you’ve seen them. Like host advantages, ghosts was famous for that. When I go to host I would get kems and streaks like it was nobody’s business. You could have people come connect from the Uk to your host and literally just dump on them. But at the same time the reverse does happen. I think when you consider using geofilter it should be more of a tool for finding better lobbies, sometimes (like ghosts) it can work against you, especially if there’s a lot of really bad connections connecting to a specific player or server. Where as letting the game factor out the odds of a match are way better. This is why ghosts HAD the great hit detection it did. Same with most IW games. I know host in bo2 was literally a nightmare, same arguably with mw3, you get the worst latency and everyone else smashes you. 

For the record I tried this and it didn't do shit for me. Still trash ass bs with cod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, slugg said:

For the record I tried this and it didn't do shit for me. Still trash ass bs with cod.

All these setups are bs. It wont get your connection better. Its all about the the quality of your line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ZaphriX said:

All these setups are bs. It wont get your connection better. Its all about the the quality of your line. 

Well that opens the question does the new and improved netduma actually work, to be honest all the lobbies I get in to say 20 to 30 ping but they all play completely different 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ZaphriX said:

All these setups are bs. It wont get your connection better. Its all about the the quality of your line. 

Idk its the only thing that worked for me honestly. I agree with alot of the past posts about the QOS from netduma but the geo from the older firmware merging. My issue was never the QOS but it was the geo that would NEVER find lobbies, old firmware was like instantly. Idk what was wrong but for me I could get the geo to work normally through that method, not that should have been how I had to. The old firmware was so good with plug and play that you really hardly had any errors at all. Its to bad really that its been this way. Maybe the R1 DumaOS was a rushed project and as a result it doesnt work foolproof. I mean, I had a worse experience just getting it to do what I wanted it to from the start, but I feel as though now that its working for me the way the old firmware did, its been a much better result. Im just throwing out ideas for people anyways, im not a mod on this forum and I CONSTANTLY have complaints for these firmwares when I have something to bitch about. I just want seamless play accross all devices, and if a new OS isnt going to work right, then just dont push it out. I feel like others had success in some ways. But yes it also does play into your lines connection as well, theres no one size fits all thing like its advertised to be. But thats why were all here working together to try to find out what works best and how. Otherwise you might as well be an optic member with a dedicated line to the servers :))) cuz it seems like pro players never have issues. Hell I posted about Spratty the sniper (I think he went to optic now?) and that kid never has a bad connection ever, like the players he goes against cant even touch him, like they are bots, that or his connections are so good hes seeing them before they see him. Ive had that experience on bo3 many times before where a persons connection is so damn good the game cant possibly make the players connection balanced enough to make it fair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean I literally had my DumaOS setup the same as my R1 OS and the ability to get things to work right was impossible. SO FAR ive had luck keeping it working right, but it could be sheer chance that it worked out. I mean I am no newbie when it comes to using a router and a laptop or anything else :))). I just think the team is stretched way to thin between Netgear and their previous dedicated users that now its reflecting. You cant be god and make things work flawlessly and carry the weight of the world forever. Eventually something has to suffer, its clear that Netgear got the priority. Hell I remember back when we were first told antijitter was coming, but then it didnt due to "patent issues" and then we never saw another update till DumaOS dropped....and it wasnt even for the R1.....and it should have been. Now, I realize as a company you have to make money and theres expenses, so I try not to be as much of a dick about it because I can bet it was alot harder than most of us realize, im not saying its ethically correct. But as long as the company listens to what were looking for and the issues we have and those issues DO get resolved, they hey, it is what it is. I can tell you for sure that I wish the netduma even existed back when I was struggling in all those crappy lobbies from past games, you know like when bo2 was out and even if you placed the filtering for "good" connections so to did the kid with trash ones, and then the lobbies were garbage because that failed once to many ood hosts fell off from bo2....this would of saved that. But here we are with new games and developers that dont care about black ops 4, the lack of content delivered to us from the treyarch studios is evident of that. Perhaps its activision whos to blame for being the jerks who were probably like.... WE NEED BATTLE ROYALE! So now MP just sucks....🤷‍♂️. I say just find a new game and try to beast at that...even if its fortnite...sure theres alot of microtransactions but at least they put ALOT more effort into their game than what us cod players have been getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The worlds most expensive router in the world wont save your issues if you play on a bad line. Its true, I have played on Cable before, it was terrible when it got overloaded, lots of ping spikes and high ping at weekends. ADSL back in the days worked great if you lived closed to the server. Now I have fiber, base ping is 1. Its an huge diffrence tbh, hit markers on point, barely any bufferbloat, low ping, no ping spikes and I have played over 150 games and I experienced only 2 games that was bs. What you need is Good Quality of your Connection + QOS and you will be a god! Test your connection at http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest when you ping 8.8.8.8 at the same time. Check if your bufferbloat is A+ to get best multiplayer experience. Also check if their is any ping spikes while you doing the test. How to ping? Open CMD type ”ping 8.8.8.8 -t” then enter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZaphriX said:

The worlds most expensive router in the world wont save your issues if you play on a bad line. Its true, I have played on Cable before, it was terrible when it got overloaded, lots of ping spikes and high ping at weekends. ADSL back in the days worked great if you lived closed to the server. Now I have fiber, base ping is 1. Its an huge diffrence tbh, hit markers on point, barely any bufferbloat, low ping, no ping spikes and I have played over 150 games and I experienced only 2 games that was bs. What you need is Good Quality of your Connection + QOS and you will be a god! Test your connection at http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest when you ping 8.8.8.8 at the same time. Check if your bufferbloat is A+ to get best multiplayer experience. Also check if their is any ping spikes while you doing the test. How to ping? Open CMD type ”ping 8.8.8.8 -t” then enter.

 

So, are you NOT having issues with BO4, then? I have an amazing line as well, yet BO4 is very inconsistent on low and/or high ping. My Geo is working as advertised.......I can pin down any server I want but I’ll get awesome hit detection, until that one person brings lag/jitter into the room & then I’m a step behind. I may downgrade to the original R1 firmware just to test since I’ve heard BO4 just isn’t jiving with DumaOS and maybe this is why it’s so inconsistent. But as far as what “I’m seeing”, DumaOS is working as it’s supposed to from QOS to GEO. I monitor PingPlotter while in-game and it’s a straight line even while the wife is streaming Netflix. From my setup aspect, the game should play flawless. I’m going to throw in my WW2 before I downgrade though, just to see the true difference between games with DumaOS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

So, are you NOT having issues with BO4, then? I have an amazing line as well, yet BO4 is very inconsistent on low and/or high ping. My Geo is working as advertised.......I can pin down any server I want but I’ll get awesome hit detection, until that one person brings lag/jitter into the room & then I’m a step behind. I may downgrade to the original R1 firmware just to test since I’ve heard BO4 just isn’t jiving with DumaOS and maybe this is why it’s so inconsistent. But as far as what “I’m seeing”, DumaOS is working as it’s supposed to from QOS to GEO. I monitor PingPlotter while in-game and it’s a straight line even while the wife is streaming Netflix. From my setup aspect, the game should play flawless. I’m going to throw in my WW2 before I downgrade though, just to see the true difference between games with DumaOS. 

I get mostly good matches on most games, except bo4. TBH I dont even care since that game sucks balls anyways. Its honestly annoying with all the random specialist BS so if it doesnt work for me then oh well lol, id rather play pokemon go over going back to that game (and ive never even played pokemon go) :)). I know its crazy you got fiber now and its still nonsense sometimes. I feel like having fiber in the right location matters more. I remember in most cod games there was always more east coast players than there were anywhere else. Like you know how those games like ghosts or bo2 i think as well would light up the globe or map of the highest density player areas, always east side, idk why either. But then again, alot of the pro players are west coast like Cali so....none of it makes sense to me anymore. I just setup the netduma the best that I can and hope that matches play out smooth. Idk how sweden players are getting smooth lobbies. I say people just throw bo4 in the trash and live their life to the fullest on a better game :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Treyarc games are notorious for bad netcode. Always have been. This game is notorious for “cameras” or peekers advantage. If someone jumps around a corner or better yet slides around it, they will see you before you see them espcially if you aren’t host. The aim assist problem is also on treyarcs side or even the player you are playing. If you pay attention, it’s usually one player that gives you the issues. They are more than likely running stock 2 strafing back and forth at 100 mph or have a connection that helps them. The character model and the hitbox will feel as if they don’t match up on your end. Also, if you aren’t moving, you get less aim assist as you only get target slowdown and no rotational assist. This is the most run and gun a cod has been in a while. I’ve also found more success having an in game ping of 50-60 rather than in the 25-35 range. Seems like the lag comp helps more than a good ping (dumb, i know). 

You have to realize that no router can make a bad base connection good too. This router will not lower your ping, just help you dial it in and keep it stable. DPI might add one or two ms to your ping but it will be stable. The school of thought is a consistent 30 ms ping with a deviation of +- 5ms is better than a occasional 25 ms ping with a +- 50ms (these are just random numbers I’m using to make the point).

Also, better people are going to be on the newest game. Some people are just better than you. No router will make up for just not being as good as you would like to think you are. If you don’t play competitively on third party sites (gamebattles, CMG, etc) you will likely run into some people who do that will just be better than you. This ties into the shoot first die first complaint i hear a lot. You might shoot first but if you miss 5 shots and they miss 2, there’s a good chance you are losing that gunfight if they react accordingly. That’s how “turning on” people works. Some people just don’t miss and never get off the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2019 at 1:13 AM, BIG__DOG said:

I have my ping assist set to 15 at the moment (my base ping is 10) and I still get owned a lot of the time in BO4. It is definately the game as I can play older cods and it plays smooth as silk. I hope MW4 plays a lot better when it is launched at the end of this year!

I sure hope so too @BIG__DOG! I sure hope so too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check this out.....here’s proof that ping is not “always” king, especially when playing BO4! I’m in Texas, forced a server somewhere in Europe with 127ms ping & my gameplay was awesome! Lol 😂. Check out my PingPlotter graph during gameplay. I played several rounds & all were just as good if not better than my typical 5ms, local ping servers. 

I have to give it up to the Duma team though, The GEO is spot on......it plays wherever I tell it to, so it’s fun experimenting. 

But seriously.......127ms and still great hit detection?!? WTF BO4? 😈

Just figured you all may want to see this. 

Oh & by the way Duma team......I’m assuming you already know about this server being mislabeled as Peer? I’m sure it’s supposed to be dedicated, correct?

EFA4B509-572E-48A5-BD36-5069018A9D93.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

Check this out.....here’s proof that ping is not “always” king, especially when playing BO4! I’m in Texas, forced a server somewhere in Europe with 127ms ping & my gameplay was awesome! Lol 😂. Check out my PingPlotter graph during gameplay. I played several rounds & all were just as good if not better than my typical 5ms, local ping servers. 

But seriously.......127ms and still great hit detection?!? WTF BO4? 😈

 

I'm in the UK and play on the NY server @ 73ms and have much better matches than on my local 7ms server.

Ping isn't king for CoD games... just every other game ever made lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, N3CR0 said:

I'm in the UK and play on the NY server @ 73ms and have much better matches than on my local 7ms server.

Ping isn't king for CoD games... just every other game ever made lol.

Yep! Craziness 😂. Never thought that “intentionally” playing on a Europe server, being in the U.S., would be the ticket to great gameplay. Learn something new everyday I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

I'm in the UK and play on the NY server @ 73ms and have much better matches than on my local 7ms server.

Ping isn't king for CoD games... just every other game ever made lol.

 

Everyone at Activision, as they claim this for all their IP's, Destiny included, Ping is King. Condrey even replied to a bet Drift0r made two years ago about this very matter.
2045659165_pingisking.png.801d07adf25f45fb53e73c6f8d43cfbe.png

perhaps we're looking at it from a different perspective from the way they've been looking at it all along. lol

Again, the reason why Netduma is amazing, once you realize it, you're going to smile about. 😁
I will always keep stating this, why you believe those outside your country do so well, on your dedicated server.  Duma Army can balance the playing field! 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TrayDay said:

Everyone at Activision, as they claim this for all their IP's, Destiny included, Ping is King. Condrey even replied to a bet Drift0r made two years ago about this very matter.
2045659165_pingisking.png.801d07adf25f45fb53e73c6f8d43cfbe.png

perhaps we're looking at it from a different perspective from the way they've been looking at it all along. lol

Again, the reason why Netduma is amazing, once you realize it, you're going to smile about. 😁
I will always keep stating this, why you believe those outside your country do so well, on your dedicated server.  Duma Army can balance the playing field! 😎

I have to agree......I’m going to keep invading the European turf to find great servers.....sorry dudes! Lol 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

I have to agree......I’m going to keep invading the European turf to find great servers.....sorry dudes! Lol 😂 

It has to be lag completely that's causing this issue, cause I have mates with shitty internet and they destroy lobbies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 3:46 AM, ZaphriX said:

All these setups are bs. It wont get your connection better. Its all about the the quality of your line. 

Let me throw a theory out there. Turn of the century pc gaming I'm sure a lot of you remember a lot of games where if you had say over 100ms ping you would be removed from the game/match/lobby or whatever. You were automatically kicked from the game by the systems built into it. Consoles start getting into online mp and now that is not the case. Constantly see people with high ass, totally unacceptable pings and it's tolerated.

 I have had issues with cod games connection wise since mw1, pc and console. The prior games not so much. Could it be that they tweak this code to the point where they believe it works for all,  low ping and high, which in turn expects them to garner more sales and that unfortunately it favors the higher connection? I mean activision don't give a shit so long as the money is rolling in. Who is going to buy a game that has a rep of being unplayable with bad connections? Only the people with good ones right? Why not double dip on sales and player experience be damned. Pick any codmw1 and after and I get melted by high ping connections more often that not and we all know that should not be the case.

I must say my experience with this series has been across 3 different isps from dsl to gigabit fiber to cable and none have been consistent with a low ping for me.

 

Edit: Not sure how this ended up as a reply with a quote. Not enough coffee yet I guess. Anyway it was meant to be a standard post with no quote or as a reply to a specific person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lads I wonder if ya turn off share excess in qos and set your devices individually to what down and up load ya want would your connection to the game be more stable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me state this, average to bad ping times rule this game.  Im on a 1gig up and down line directly connected to the router with every possible setting to enhance my connection activated.  Plain and simple a great connection in this game hinders you severely, anyone stating different knows absolutely nothing.  If i play on my buddies wifi/crap connection its like im superman.  I manage to deal with this nonsense cause im just a great gamer.  330 blackout wins over 2.10kdin every mode high score per minute.  But im 90% of the time hindered, how do i know this, simple through 10 years of experience.

The only way this router can help you (unless your network is really trash) is by playing across the globe through the geo filter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

Let me state this, average to bad ping times rule this game.  Im on a 1gig up and down line directly connected to the router with every possible setting to enhance my connection activated.  Plain and simple a great connection in this game hinders you severely, anyone stating different knows absolutely nothing.  If i play on my buddies wifi/crap connection its like im superman.  I manage to deal with this nonsense cause im just a great gamer.  330 blackout wins over 2.10kdin every mode high score per minute.  But im 90% of the time hindered, how do i know this, simple through 10 years of experience.

The only way this router can help you (unless your network is really trash) is by playing across the globe through the geo filter

I don't know what your base ping is or where you're located but the fact you have a gig connection doesn't matter, whether you had 1000/1000 or 10/10 is irrelevant, it's about the ping. If you find that playing on worse servers or with a higher ping benefits you then thats great, you can do that but QoS does work and does help, not just in gaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...