r1 has issues

this afternoon i lost wifi now i have lost lan connection , i have swapped out my power links for fresh ones still no lan still no wifi (ps4 wont connect via wifi nor will my tv and laptop) at this time i havnt unplugged the power from the r1 , lights for the ports 1 and 4 were flashing green the lights on the back are green but no internet connection. i still have internet from my isp provided router and since swapping back to that the connection speed down has increased by 15mbps also pictures/msgs seem to be loading a lot quicker since i went back to my isp router im on the last firmware released and not duma os i think the laptop  said it has an invalid ip.

any advice ?.

Edited by mike
added more info for the techys

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, mike said:

just tried to reboot and i cant access the r1

When you're on a wired PC connected to the R1, open command prompt and type 'ipconfig'. Press enter, then screenshot the results and post them here.

You should also try a hard reset. Turn off the modem and the R1. Wait 5 minutes, then turn on the modem. Wait 2 minutes then turn on the R1. Finally after 2 minutes, turn on the PC connected to the R1. Are you online?

just unplugged everything as i tried to open the r1 with the wired desktop and the connection times out i ran the windows trouble shooter and that says local area connection has an invalid ip configuration.

and in reply to fraser my set up is r1 > plusnet g95z router > bt fttc hub 

atm my laptop is connected via wifi to the plusnet router and cable from the ps4 to the plusnet router

right i unplugged the r1 and waited about 10 mins then plugged it back in and the r1 home page showed up after a few mins , i know it didnt need it after being unplugged but i rebooted it anyways and everything seems fine now and everything is connecting up again.

i ran the ps4 connection speed (i know it may not be that accurate) and im connecting at 15mbs again but connected directly to the plusnet router its 30mbs thats a hell of a drop wether its accurate or not .

• Administrators

Glad to hear it's working now. From your setup, it sounds like there are devices connected to the plusnet router is that correct? In which case those devices can pull bandwidth away from the R1. The QoS will also not be as effective as it can't control all devices. Is the plusnet router required to be connected to the hub or could you place it in AP mode behind the R1?

everything runs through the r1 i had to connect them to the plusnet to get an internet connection now the r1 is back up they are connected to the r1 again.

when i originally got the r1 the top guy at netduma tried to replace the plusnet router with the r1 but it wouldnt work despite hours of digging (and i mean hours) about in xp and trying everything he could think of.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, mike said:

if i could find where its hidden i would try it

You're referring to QoS on the PlusNet router right? If so, do you know what make it is?

2 hours ago, mike said:

very good 

apart from the fact i dont have duma os , as i stated in my original post.

In original firmware of R1, you can disable QOS, in miscellaneous on the left-hand side panel and ticking the option "super turbo" this will disable the function of QOS completely. 

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, mike said:

very good 

apart from the fact i dont have duma os , as i stated in my original post.

Yeh as Tray said, Super Turbo mode disables it in the old software :)

• Administrators
1 hour ago, mike said:
  1. nope still 15mbs on the r1 and 30mbs on the plusnet router

You need to have turbo mode enabled as well as super turbo mode for the QoS to be disabled.

Also disable IPv6 in WAN & LAN and deep packet processing in miscellaneous settings.

On 3/26/2019 at 12:42 PM, mike said:
  1. nope still 15mbs on the r1 and 30mbs on the plusnet router

I wouldnt be testing speed tests from a console....youre literally running the test from that ps4 server, which is not going to be accurate at all. The further away the server the worse the results are likely to be. You gotta do a speedtest.net from a laptop hardwired into the R1.

1 hour ago, mike said:

read the post properly please.

So, youre saying you enabled super turbo mode etc? Then have you done a reboot? Sliders are still at 100%? The speed in the device manager (where you input your actual speeds) are all set to where they should be? sometimes I have found even after enabling superturbo I had to reboot to get everything to setup right. I assume you had cookies enabled too, otherwise stuff doesnt stick each time. If all else fails perhaps just a good old reset back to factory and reset everything up again. I know that's a pain. Also, how come you dont connect  the R1 directly to a modem?

image.png.01f0f6cea04eb615d210013cc58f3dfb.png

the top man at netduma spent many many hours trying to connect the r1 to the internet and replace my isp router as it stands the set up is r1 > isp router >bt fttc hub but as soon as the isp router is removed there is no internet.

i know the speeds are not reliable etc but i plug the ps4 into the isp router and i get 30mbs dl , then plug the ps4 into the r1 and i get 15mbs dl plug it back into the isp and its back upto 30mbs dl , it seems odd that i loose 15mbs just by swapping routers.

• Administrators

Any reason you don't want to upgrade to the latest version of DumaOS? It's far more streamlined at maximizing speeds. You can always downgrade back again if it's not giving you what you want.

i heard a lot of ppl were having problems with it and the r1 and even going back to the old firmware so i thought ill wait a while , and all the stuff i have recently done in the settings on the r1 i have had to undo as they were causing problems with destiny 2