New XR700 Firmware Version v1.0.1.10

• Administrators

NETGEAR have released a new firmware for the XR700 which includes stability fixes. You can download the firmware from here:

https://kb.netgear.com/000060660/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-10

Change log:

• USB driver update to support Apple File System (APFS)
  • Login password enhancement
  • DHCP option 60 support for Internet configuration

Bug Fixes:

• Improves system stability
  • Fixes security vulnerability issues
  • Fixes the issue where Orange France IPTV does not work with the new UHD TV decoder

This update wiped all my settings.  Back it up before you leap, team...just in case.  I also had to manually reconnect all wireless devices once reconfigured with identical settings - no auto-rejoin.  I had no further issues aside from reconfiguration and a possible continuation of the internet hiccups we've seen here and there.  Not sure if I'm experiencing it, if it's the service I'm using, or my ISPs.  I had no particular LAN issues - I remained connected, was auto redirected to configure the router, did so, then was online.

This latest update completely wiped all my settings. Also seemed to brick the damn thing. Had to do numerous resets and go back to 1.0. 0.20. An that did not help could barely access router. Would have to wait minutes for pages to load an then settings still would not stick. Also stuff would not connect via Ethernet or wireless. This is completely ridiculous. I cleared caches an all and reset the router both thru the reset button and via the menu options. So now I am using a asus router that cost less and seems to do 10 times better. 

Has anyone else received this error message on v1.0.1.10?  I've tried restarting the router and in a few hours it shows the same error again and resets my qos setting every time.

RPC error.PNG

7 hours ago, Micbot said:

Has anyone else received this error message on v1.0.1.10?  I've tried restarting the router and in a few hours it shows the same error again and resets my qos setting every time.

RPC error.PNG

I had to factory reset mine. 

Also try hard resetting your browser as well. 

This latest firmware does make the GUI much slower to open no matter what browser you use when you compare it to the previous version. I did all the factory resets. You can simply go back to the previous and immediately see a considerable difference on how much faster it opens.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, martyr4 said:

This latest firmware does make the GUI much slower to open no matter what browser you use when you compare it to the previous version. I did all the factory resets. You can simply go back to the previous and immediately see a considerable difference on how much faster it opens.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you clear your browser cache and cookies please, then see if it's any faster.

Hi Fraser, 

I factory rest after update as usual and have cleaned browser catch and cookies. 

Did not make any difference GUI lot slower and app taking for ever to load. 

Regards brado78

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What browser are you using? Is it the same on all browsers?

Hi Fraser using google chrome. Have not tried other browsers as yet. 

Regards Brado78

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you clear your browser cache and cookies please, then see if it's any faster.

Hello, I always do a factory reset before I upgrade. If I find issues, I then do another factory reset. I clear all my browsers cache. I do my testing before I started adding very many devices. I compare Https verses Http. Even though its a little quicker using Opera verses Edge, its noticeably slower on all browsers with the latest verses the V1.0.1.8 

I test with 4 different browsers.

23 hours ago, brado78 said:

Hi Fraser, will try this afternoon when I get home from work. 

Regards Brado78

Hi Fraser, 

Tried everything with no luck so have rolled back to previous version. 

Regads John

According to Nessus, there is a new Netatalk OpenSession RCE vulnerability, and it's rated critical.  I'll be happy with either remediation via patch (3.1.12), or the ability to disable AFP support entirely (such as I can do with SMB 1.0-3.0 and other protocols in ReadySHARE storage, which is presumably what the AFP functionality is tied to)

Of course, this appears to require being on the network already, but it's still not a good thing for NetGear to have launched an update with a known critical vulnerability, announced back in mid-late December.

On 3/18/2019 at 8:57 PM, PharmDawgg said:

I had to factory reset mine. 

Also try hard resetting your browser as well. 

I got I think that same error message, couldn't read what it said from the screen shot but mine has the following:

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': bad argument #1 to 'gmatch' (string expected, got nil) -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'gmatch' ?: in function 'split' ?: in function <?:137> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:324> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:290> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:345> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:261> (tail call): ? /dumaos/api/cli.lua:48: in function </dumaos/api/cli.lua:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' /dumaos/api/cli.lua:59: in main chunk [C]: ?

error message.jpg

• Administrators

Honestly best to downgrade back to .8 if you’re having issues with .10. This .10 firmware was mostly for anyone having WAN disconnects. If you were not having this then please go back to .8