Xr700 connection interrupted issues

I’ve been getting an issue when playing pretty much any game on my xr700.

black ops 4 I’m getting connection interupted for roughly a second or two once or so a game and exactly the same thing is happening on both apex and fortnite.

ive tried to go through a few steps with jack over dm’s on Twitter but can’t seem to get to the bottom of the issue.

my setup is as followed Bt ultrafast 2 connection (330/50) Bt home hub x > xr700 with no extensions etc.

the problem has only just started to happen and now happens CONSTANTLY.

ive tried factory resetting the xr700

factory resetting the home hub

changing literally every cable in my set up and none of it helps.

when I connect my PS4 directly to my home hub this issue doesn’t happen so is defiantly a xr700 issue.

ive tried disabling the geofilter and the qos and it still happens.

ive gone back to previous firmware and still happens.

reinstalled the newest firmware and still happens.

im starting to believe that the xr700 is defective?

please help 😂

• Administrators

Do you notice these disconnects on wired & wireless? If you connect the consoles via WiFi does it still happen?

Do you notice this on other devices? I realise it may be hard to determine but perhaps while you're gaming you could do a continuous ping on the PC to check.

It happens on wired and wireless. 

To be honest that’s what confuses me the most, when monitoring it when it happens the ping doesn’t drop, software doesn’t even show a drop in connection. Tried it to two ps4’s And it still does it.

doesnt do it when you take the xr700 out of the setup

Doesn’t seem to be no! 

It happens with anything I play, apex, cod and fortnite.

literally happens for a second then goes back to normal

• Administrators

Very weird, you tried with QoS disabled completely from Anti-Bufferbloat's menu? Do you have an open NAT on the console? Are you using UPnP/port forwarding? If you put the console in the DMZ does that resolve it? 

Is your home hub in modem mode?

Yeah still happens when you fully disable qos and when the PS4 is taken from the geofilter 

yeah open Nat in games Type 2 on the ps4

im using upnp no port forwarding 

my xr700 is in the dmz of the home hub and PS4 is in dmz of xr700

sadly there is no modem only mode on the home hub and nobody has made a modem for gfast as of yet

been using the home hub to xr500/xr700 for a year or so now and never had a problem until now

• Netduma Staff

Hi again - just another thing to clarify, is this happening only on your PS4? Do you see anything strange happening on phones / computers / other consoles?

Could you go to Settings > Setup > LAN setup and reserve an IP address for your PS4? To do that, click 'add' then select your PS4, enter the IP address you want and type its MAC address. Lets see if that helps.

It happens with all platforms, eg was watching twitch on my pc and had a massive lag spike which obviously shouldn’t be happening with my internet speeds!

• Netduma Staff

Could you run a pingplotter test for us on a wired PC / Laptop? To do that, download Pingplotter (it's free!) and select Twitter.com as your target URL. Then press the green 'play' button to run a test. Screenshot the results of a 10 minute test and send it here :)

This could actually be the solution - if the XR700 turns out to have a hardware fault that's causing massive spikes, we'll see it here.

I am also having the exact issue as described here. I just received my XR700 today, updated and this problem started. I did not have the problem on my previous router. Please let me know if there is a fix found for this, I will be using my old router until then. 

No issues with 

Firmware version XR700 V1.0.0.20

for me, otherwise some of the firmwares including the latest one are bugged and well known for constant drops i believe netgear are working on a solution.

• Administrators
20 hours ago, vazuh said:

www.twitter_com.thumb.png.ff7fc5efdc86c07a37f00de53147b5e8.png

that was the test for a 10 min run from a wired pc to the xr700

www.twitter.com.png

8 hours ago, Jmrry31 said:

I am also having the exact issue as described here. I just received my XR700 today, updated and this problem started. I did not have the problem on my previous router. Please let me know if there is a fix found for this, I will be using my old router until then. 

Could you both try the firmware sncjez suggested here: https://kb.netgear.com/000060213/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-20 and see if you still get the same issues or not please.

just managed to play a few games after going back to the firmware recommended. Have no idea how netgear have done such a bad job with that firmware! 

my ping has gone from 14 to a solid 7. download has gone from about 220 to 310-320! and my upload from 40 to 60! 

definitely must be something dodgy with that firmware!

haven't had one connection interrupted or lag spike since reverting!

Is this something that netgear know about and are fixing?

it does exactly the same thing with the last 2/3 firmware's that they have release?

only this firmware seems to be solid and thats the one that the xr700 launched with!

Haven't had a single problem with my xr500 on any of the firmware's!

I’ve been in the same boat for a while now. Promises for a fix but nothing yet so far.

Haven’t had any connection drop for 22 days ago with the original firmware. With newer firmware connection, doesn’t even stay up for longer than 1 minute. 

It’s been months and still no new firmware. No urgency to put something out fast to fix this issue for all of us whatsoever by Netgear. It’s really a disgrace and a shame for such a big company! My next purchase won’t be Netgear for sure especially if NetDuma partners with another router maker. 

Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking, the lastest firmware was released 3 months ago! 

And the one before that was another 3 months before both claiming to have fixed this drop off but made it worse each time!

surely it’s a matter that they could of hotfixed overnight?

especially being as it’s their newest “flagship” router at £450!

Since changing the firmware to original my geofilter doesn’t seem to work, tried rebooting etc but nothing is showing on geo at all