Help with dialing in geo filter

Still love you guys, I honestly wish I was a bigger part of this than I am now. Before the R1s release, manufacturers didn't ever make that effort to make a "true" gaming router. Nor did they invest the time.

• Administrators

We're going to keep plugging away and improving the software, taking feedback from the users so anything that is an issue for users now will hopefully become a non issue in the future. As it's an OS it will just keep getting more robust and reliable.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We're going to keep plugging away and improving the software, taking feedback from the users so anything that is an issue for users now will hopefully become a non issue in the future. As it's an OS it will just keep getting more robust and reliable.

You think the hardware from the r1 is not compatible with dumaOS I talked a friend into buying a netduma and he got one of the newer ones from bestbuy and he does not have this issue. And all the searching I have done in the forums looks like the same commen problems with the r1. In Gabe bar type moderate to r1 is restarted and not full bandwidth 

• Administrators

I don't think it's hardware really, for issues that seem to be unexplainable for you two they may be. People have been having these sorts of issues since the router was launched, they're common networking issues that occur for users and usually related to incorrect settings.

i think the beta testing is done for this version of the firmware and now the issues need to be addressed  so the next version can be released so the actual active users can go through it and find any bugs

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

i think the beta testing is done for this version of the firmware and now the issues need to be addressed  so the next version can be released so the actual active users can go through it and find any bugs

We don't expect users to find bugs with our software - we only end a beta test when we're certain that the version is as stable as it can be.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

been a  couple weeks was hoping to see some progress on this

Yeah I had a ton of issues with geofilter. I legit set my DumaOS the same as the R1 os and it didn't translate sadly...I somehow managed to make it work for me....butttt I dont think thats something you should have to do is experiment to get a feature to work. Should work just the same as the previous just as easily. But I do think DumaOS is far better when things do work perfectly, the team made a good update, just...not as perfect, though it is still beta. For me I couldnt even find games when geo was on sometimes, with the old firmware it was practically instantly. Idk...maybe dumaOS geo takes longer?  How do things work for you Todd?

8 hours ago, bbursley said:

Yeah I had a ton of issues with geofilter. I legit set my DumaOS the same as the R1 os and it didn't translate sadly...I somehow managed to make it work for me....butttt I dont think thats something you should have to do is experiment to get a feature to work. Should work just the same as the previous just as easily. But I do think DumaOS is far better when things do work perfectly, the team made a good update, just...not as perfect, though it is still beta. For me I couldnt even find games when geo was on sometimes, with the old firmware it was practically instantly. Idk...maybe dumaOS geo takes longer?  How do things work for you Todd?

i find the geo filter is completely broken. it plays better with it disabled. but with the new dumaOS firmware i only get a little less then half of my actual band width. and no matter if geo filter is enabled or disabled call of duty will have a moderate nat type to i do a soft reset on the r1 once it turns back on then the game will have a open nat type and i can connect to friends and games

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you try the suggestion the bbursley did regarding static IP outside DHCP range?

i have ip range ending at 200 and i have this xbox set to 202 and that xbox is the only thing connected to the r1 besides my spectrum router everything else is connected to that

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

i find the geo filter is completely broken. it plays better with it disabled. but with the new dumaOS firmware i only get a little less then half of my actual band width. and no matter if geo filter is enabled or disabled call of duty will have a moderate nat type to i do a soft reset on the r1 once it turns back on then the game will have a open nat type and i can connect to friends and games

i have ip range ending at 200 and i have this xbox set to 202 and that xbox is the only thing connected to the r1 besides my spectrum router everything else is connected to that

If you're on Xbox set the console to use the specific ports, then also use static IP and port forward the same port. 

5 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

i have done all that

yeah, i had moderate on bo4, couldnt find a single match. I rebooted the router and that cleared out the issue as of course it reopened the ports. Some games are weird and if you have the geo on while booting, it just doesn't work and then sometimes it will. I have no clue as to why either. I mean i definitely struggle alot more with dumaOS than I would like to. Only cuz in comparison to the old firmware it almost never had that issue. Idk if the geo setup is different...or idk. Im not the coder. I usually get the speed im supposed to though. If I set it to 70/70 dslreports wont always show the max speed, but a speedtest.net will, so I try not to look at it as much. Preemptive did the same thing, reactive was always full speed, but it didn't always yield good results. Sure, I hope they do tweak the Geo to be a little more seamless, that would be nice. Everything else seems basically fine. Sometimes other things dont stick properly after a reboot, but its not normally major things, though that kinda does concern me mainly because it shouldnt do that. But as compared to the R1 OS that literally had constant moments of unticking things after a reboot it was crazy, then other times it was fine, thats even with cookies enabled. Idk Ive managed to work around getting geo to work, i just feel like its way more effort to get it to do so than I prefer, especially with having to reboot because something just doesnt respond. 

i have tried everything. and once i get it to where it feels good and i have to restart because of a moderate nat type it all goes back to crap again but its never gave me the full speed range im paying for. i went to the extent of just having only my computer hard wired to the r1 when doing the speed test and it never got better then a little less then half. i have disconnected the r1 and just ran the spectrum router by its self and i posted the pics showing i get faster test speeds then what i pay for. even 5g wifi was reporting faster then the hard wired r1. its not a change of a setting that's going to fix geo filter or the range of speed. the firmware its self needs to be fixed

R1 w/ DumaOS:

1: can not achieve full bandwidth

2: geo filter / cloud is incorrect

3: nat type does not stay open and effects finding games and effects others to connect to in game lobby and party chat

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

i have tried everything. and once i get it to where it feels good and i have to restart because of a moderate nat type it all goes back to crap again but its never gave me the full speed range im paying for. i went to the extent of just having only my computer hard wired to the r1 when doing the speed test and it never got better then a little less then half. i have disconnected the r1 and just ran the spectrum router by its self and i posted the pics showing i get faster test speeds then what i pay for. even 5g wifi was reporting faster then the hard wired r1. its not a change of a setting that's going to fix geo filter or the range of speed. the firmware its self needs to be fixed

R1 w/ DumaOS:

3: nat type does not stay open and effects finding games and effects others to connect to in game lobby and party chat

Hmm, idk the Qos is fine for me, I think it seemed like I had the same issue you had once, only that’s gone away. However I have noticed lately on a game I play it’ll sometimes say connection is unstable, and I know my connection can’t really be unstable since this has just started to happen. But who knows. I know the same issue is for me as it is for you with geofilter. I always have to reboot to get ports open and even begin searching for matches. I’ve basically stopped playing cod because it takes so much time just to invest in tinkering and while I think DumaOS IS better if all things work in harmony, they just don’t usually and that’s a problem for me. It’s not like I can’t set it up correctly, it’s kist the way it behaves that prevents a seamless experience like the old firmware offered. 

• Administrators
On 4/13/2019 at 3:54 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

R1 w/ DumaOS:

Might be a hardware issue - but to rule that out could you email us at [email protected] with a link to this thread. Could you also include screenshots of your QoS page in the email.

Thanks.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

semt in a email a couple days ago have not heard back yet

It was the Easter break over here (UK does Friday - Monday). We'll be getting back to you today.

• Administrators
On 4/26/2019 at 3:35 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

4/22 - 4/25 pretty long today 😊

We emailed you on Tuesday mate! Hopefully you got it ok, but let us know if not.