Help with dialing in geo filter

• Administrators

That's annoying. My last idea is to actually unplug the router from power/network completely for at least 24 hours, this can actually help in extenuating circumstances to restore the router properly. 

• 2 weeks later...

so i finally had a chance to unplug the netduma completely will plug it back in wednesday night so it will have a full 24hrs and change. im uploading 2 pics of speed test the first one is from my xbox one the 2nd one is from my iphone connected to the 5g and both are giving me double the speed of the netduma and im only paying for 400mb down. i hope just unplugging the netduma for a long period of time will fix it but i dont see how. it never had this problem before duma os

xbox speed test.jpg

iPhone speed test.jpg

• Netduma Staff

Time is an important factor - it feels like it shouldn't matter, but leaving it for a long amount of time does make a difference. We'll see how it goes after 24 hours :)

i hope so, i really enjoy the netduma when it works. but so far tonight i just got home turned on xbox loaded call of dooty and i have a open nat type. when with the netduma it would be moderate and i would have to reset the netduma and then when it restarts COD will have a open nat

• Netduma Staff
5 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

no not enough time i will do it tomorrow night when i get home. should i hit the reset pin on the r1 or just plug it back in?

Nah just plug it back in and let us know what happens :)

So i finally had time tonight to reconnect the R1. i put the sliders at 100% ping assist to 0 and geo filter for the xbox in spectator mode. and its still only giving have or a little better then half the speed, what do i do now?

R1speedtest.jpg

Its definitely the DumaOS issue....went back to old firmware and BOOM. Strict mode over the area i wanted like i used to do worked flawlessly...to back it looks like garbage compare to the other...and i hate the QOS on this one :(. Cant we just have the old solid firmware updated and say the hell with the new one?

image.thumb.png.bdc27d042dfa21d84b00ab8e77a80949.png

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You know we can't do that! I'll have to pass this on to the devs to look at. When did you purchase the router?

Im not trying to be mean about it, but I know youve seen many of my screenshots showing everything ive set. The DumaOS is fantastic for QOS and not so for the geofiltering. Idk if thats specific to the R1 or not because it seems as if its playing well with the others. I even removed the DNS from my console like you had suggested. I really dont know when I purchased it honestly. I know I had emailed you guys originally about it back on 4/27/16 but I have no idea if i used my own card or perhaps my moms at the time. 

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What about a normal speed test from a PC, is it giving the same results?

Give or take a couple mb faster or slower but half. Nothing like if I have the spectrum router connected with 400+mb

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, bbursley said:

Im not trying to be mean about it, but I know youve seen many of my screenshots showing everything ive set. The DumaOS is fantastic for QOS and not so for the geofiltering. Idk if thats specific to the R1 or not because it seems as if its playing well with the others. I even removed the DNS from my console like you had suggested. I really dont know when I purchased it honestly. I know I had emailed you guys originally about it back on 4/27/16 but I have no idea if i used my own card or perhaps my moms at the time. 

That's why I think it's more something to do with your router, potentially due to its age, either way something weird is occurring so I'd like the team to take a look incase there is an underlying problem there.

2 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Give or take a couple mb faster or slower but half. Nothing like if I have the spectrum router connected with 400+mb

Just a thought, the MTU at 1480, has that been set and been determined as ideal or is it default?

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's why I think it's more something to do with your router, potentially due to its age, either way something weird is occurring so I'd like the team to take a look incase there is an underlying problem there.

Just a thought, the MTU at 1480, has that been set and been determined as ideal or is it default?

I think the MTU of the spectrum network is 1500. But xbox live always shows 1480, its not something you can fix even if your router has the MTU set for 1500 and the network is 1500. 

15 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

I would just take the spectrum router out of the picture all together and go STRICTLY netduma into the router, nothing else. Then of course you wanna make sure the MTU is just set to auto or 1500, that can reduce your speeds if i remember correctly since really youre lowering the size of data passing through. Make sure you def have the true speeds set in the speed section or just 1000/1000 and maybe turn the QOS off or ensure it is. You should set things up and post exactly what it looks like both in the speed and QOS sections. I have spectrum as well and I have never had any speed related issues except on DSL reports, but to a normal speedtest.net server it was fine. I wouldnt get your hopes up about getting the full speeds to the xbox server anyways, its not always accurate. If you have those speeds you should have a ubee modem that has two telephone ports on the back for VOIP and a ethernet port and a coax connection. Is any other device connected as well during the speed tests that could be sucking up bandwidth? Are you positive youre connecting to a decent server to test on? Location will definitely affect that as well as using things like VPNs, but im assuming youre not using one anyhow.

22 minutes ago, bbursley said:

I would just take the spectrum router out of the picture all together and go STRICTLY netduma into the router, nothing else. Then of course you wanna make sure the MTU is just set to auto or 1500, that can reduce your speeds if i remember correctly since really youre lowering the size of data passing through. Make sure you def have the true speeds set in the speed section or just 1000/1000 and maybe turn the QOS off or ensure it is. You should set things up and post exactly what it looks like both in the speed and QOS sections. I have spectrum as well and I have never had any speed related issues except on DSL reports, but to a normal speedtest.net server it was fine. I wouldnt get your hopes up about getting the full speeds to the xbox server anyways, its not always accurate. If you have those speeds you should have a ubee modem that has two telephone ports on the back for VOIP and a ethernet port and a coax connection. Is any other device connected as well during the speed tests that could be sucking up bandwidth? Are you positive youre connecting to a decent server to test on? Location will definitely affect that as well as using things like VPNs, but im assuming youre not using one anyhow.

The r1 is first, only thing connected to it is my Xbox and the spectrum router, everything else in the house connects to spectrum. The test are done with only the Xbox or computer connected to each router 1 at a time. When the spectrum router is connected the speeds are over 400mb as shown in the picture when the r1 is connected it only gets half the speed. The r1 does not do this with the older firmware only with dumaos

43 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can’t change the mtu on Xbox and with spectrum router the pic shows mtu the same but with full bandwidth and a lower latency too. R1 shows half the bandwidth and a higher latency 

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that extra info bursley!

yeah, honestly I dont know why it shows that. I still to this day wonder why. Ive never found anyone who has an answer for it.

52 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've passed yours onto the team as well to see if they can identify anything.

I think DumaOS is nice and all, I kinda just hope the code gets looked over even though its not as simple as that sounds. I have such great success on the older firmware, didnt even have people skipping around like on DumaOS. I cant say its the firmware or not, just hope that things get looked into a little more in depth. Ive considered just upgrading and tossing the R1 (not literally). But im at a stand still with what I want to do, I just dont see many people having the same issues on the xr450 and up. Maybe its just a coincidence. But I would think that if the old firmware behaves as it should then so to should the new one.