Apex Legends is now Geo-Filter Compatible!

• Administrators

300mbps is sort of around the cut off point where you may need to disable QoS to reach full speeds. This is the same as the original firmware. If you're saying that you do not use Turbo & Super Turbo mode on the original R1 to achieve your speeds then it's likely your QoS settings on DumaOS unnecessarily restricting you.

On 3/21/2019 at 9:56 PM, Netduma Admin said:

When you boot the game up, those servers are all the dedicated server locations for Apex. The game is testing your ping to them, to see which is preferable for you. The Geo-Filter blocks everything except the Aussie one, so the game concludes 'best to give him Aus'.

Trouble is when you're then trying to play, some of the servers will be in the wrong place on the Geo-Filter when they're actually in Aus. Which means they're getting blocked by mistake.

Could you try this for now and let us know if this improves things:

1. Boot up game with Filtering Mode on and just covering Aus

2. After game has finished booting up and all those triangles have disappear from the Map, set your Ping Assist to 50ms. (Ping Assist is in your Geo-Filter Map options)

3. Play games

Could you then let us know how often you successfully join a game vs times it gets blocked.

Thanks

Still doesn’t work... boot the game to title screen, while this is happening, the router is showing triangles outside the geo fence with the dedicated server in sydney showing dashed around it. 

Press X to continue through to the screen showing the last used character and other info regarding the game. I press triangle on the controller (once nothing is showing on the Dumaos map) game goes to search, match making and starting server shows the in the bottom left hand corner but then the screen goes black (this is when the splash screen showing you a tip should be) then kicks me back to the title screen. If I follow the prompts I just go around in circles...

if I quit the game and reboot no luck there as I just start from the start again but now I get the error cennection timed out when I go through the process listed above... 

any ideas? Cheers...

• Administrators

Any chance you could record your Geo-Filter Map while you get blocked from the game? A triangle should appear on your Map which is being blocked. If you then click on that triangle, you'll be able to see your ping to it (you'll need to disable Auto Ping to allow you to do this).

You can use plenty of free recording software, like OBS or FF Split. Then just upload the video to something like DropBox. Don't worry if this isn't possible, but it would help us to see what's going on.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, PharmDawgg said:

If we are playing on pc should we have source engine selected and geofilter in spectate mode?

I would suggest so if you don't want to filter, otherwise you could change PC to console in Device Manager then re-add to the Geo-Filter and filter.

I was wondering because when I used the Source engine it greyed out the Filtering selection.  Actually it will not let me select console.  It is not an option.

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 7.00.34 PM.png

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, PharmDawgg said:

I was wondering because when I used the Source engine it greyed out the Filtering selection.  Actually it will not let me select console.  It is not an option.

Yeah that's normal behaviour as for source games on PC there's usually the ability to select a server.

Yeah you need to change the device to a console in the Device Manager then re-add it to the Geo-Filter.

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2019 at 10:05 PM, Netduma Admin said:

When you search, do you see a server being blocked on the Map? It will appear in a different country e.g. China, USA etc?

From what we've seen, the Geo-Filter is awesome for forcing the server region you want, but some of the Australian servers are mislocated so we need to manually relocate them back to Sydney.

If you could let us know the server IDs of any you find that'd be great.

These 3 are the Dedicated Servers (Bottom left) I've found in Sydney by rebooting the game constantly. I've never actually connected to one in a game though, always P2P crap where it shows my normal 30ms ping to Sydney but the Duma shows me playing all over US, UK and AS. 

Untitled.png

On 3/21/2019 at 10:26 PM, Netduma Admin said:

When you boot the game up, those servers are all the dedicated server locations for Apex. The game is testing your ping to them, to see which is preferable for you. The Geo-Filter blocks everything except the Aussie one, so the game concludes 'best to give him Aus'.

Trouble is when you're then trying to play, some of the servers will be in the wrong place on the Geo-Filter when they're actually in Aus. Which means they're getting blocked by mistake.

Could you try this for now and let us know if this improves things:

1. Boot up game with Filtering Mode on and just covering Aus

2. After game has finished booting up and all those triangles have disappear from the Map, set your Ping Assist to 50ms. (Ping Assist is in your Geo-Filter Map options)

3. Play games

Could you then let us know how often you successfully join a game vs times it gets blocked.

Thanks

Just tried this and it doesn't work. It sits there saying "Attempting connection (1 of 9 etc)" and then once it finally loads into the main menu it just puts me on a dedicated server in the US or UK :/ From there when I matchmake it just puts me into a P2P lobby with domains called "sau-ef8b5-or.servercontrol.com.au"

On 3/23/2019 at 1:25 AM, Netduma Admin said:

Any chance you could record your Geo-Filter Map while you get blocked from the game? A triangle should appear on your Map which is being blocked. If you then click on that triangle, you'll be able to see your ping to it (you'll need to disable Auto Ping to allow you to do this).

You can use plenty of free recording software, like OBS or FF Split. Then just upload the video to something like DropBox. Don't worry if this isn't possible, but it would help us to see what's going on.

Here's a video showing no matter what I set, I will never join dedicated servers in Sydney :( P2P garbage. Please watch all the way through so you can see everything I do for this particular video.

https://youtu.be/S4F-X6LX6z0

On 3/5/2019 at 9:38 AM, MattyAu said:

Hasn't been working for me on the Aus Sydney servers; I have to set it to spectate to connect even though it's inside my filter.

image.thumb.png.4bd387ff565940324d2e5e804fc936c8.png

Same I get booted out from lobby Aus server geo filter doesnt work

image.png

18 hours ago, carl0024 said:

image.thumb.png.4bd387ff565940324d2e5e804fc936c8.png

Same I get booted out from lobby Aus server geo filter doesnt work

image.png

I've noticed that it always uses a US UK server for authentication and then matchmakes here in Aus. The weird part is that the servers I get are Aussie peers but I actually think they're dedicated servers wrongly labelled. I legit sat there for about 1hr starting the game and blocking all the dedicated servers outside of Aus. There are some that you can't block which have been whitelisted as servers needed for you to find games. I have a feeling Apex on ps4 uses dedicated servers that will create new servers as they are needed. I get three different "peer" servers in Aus that are 32ms, 33ms and 37ms give or take 1ms just with the occasional change in Id's. Even if the ID changes I know I'm on one of those three servers based on the ping. I find the 37ms server to be unstable so I'm slowly going through and blocking them haha. 

Take all this with a grain of salt though as I'm no expert haha. Just from my brief experience I've noticed some patterns. 

5 hours ago, SwiftCookie said:

I've noticed that it always uses a US UK server for authentication and then matchmakes here in Aus. The weird part is that the servers I get are Aussie peers but I actually think they're dedicated servers wrongly labelled. I legit sat there for about 1hr starting the game and blocking all the dedicated servers outside of Aus. There are some that you can't block which have been whitelisted as servers needed for you to find games. I have a feeling Apex on ps4 uses dedicated servers that will create new servers as they are needed. I get three different "peer" servers in Aus that are 32ms, 33ms and 37ms give or take 1ms just with the occasional change in Id's. Even if the ID changes I know I'm on one of those three servers based on the ping. I find the 37ms server to be unstable so I'm slowly going through and blocking them haha. 

Take all this with a grain of salt though as I'm no expert haha. Just from my brief experience I've noticed some patterns. 

I watched the video you posted, and you definitely connected to that 37ms server. If a server is unstable and that one is one of them, I wouldn't deal with the instability either. Lol. I do see that the servers may be misinformed on peer and dedicated.

21 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

I watched the video you posted, and you definitely connected to that 37ms server. If a server is unstable and that one is one of them, I wouldn't deal with the instability either. Lol. I do see that the servers may be misinformed on peer and dedicated.

Well the best I get is like 30ms from Adelaide to Sydney but the 37ms feels like 150ms+. Plus the 30ms servers are super stable opposed to the 37ms one. Some Aussie servers appear as peers In the US, UK and China but I just allow them because the ping is a solid 30ms. 

Found an Aussie server misplaced  on the Westcoast of the US just now, here's an image regarding the ID etc. Sorry I forgot to take a screenshot whilst it was showing on the map. 

Misplaced.png

On 5/28/2019 at 10:33 PM, Netduma Alex said:

We're doing a cloud update this week so hopefully a lot of these misplaced servers will be fixed very soon.

Sweet, that's awesome news! Thanks for the update man, will there be a post somewhere for when it's rolled out? :)

4 hours ago, bigtuna619 said:

until this day, 5/30/19. this problem is still happening, can't connect to the ea server. 1-9. 

Screenshot of your Duma settings?