UPnP

Thanks again for your help. Yes, my ISP router/modem is still bridged, and I did try as you said to put my PC in the XR500’s DMZ but it still did not obtain an open NAT(BO4), very frustrating. I was also of the understanding that this is an unsecured thing to do for a PC and I PC game only no console.  I did read in the NETDUMA settings guide that one way to get an open NAT is to put the XR500 into your ISP modem’s DMZ. From what I understand from reading this guide is to put the XR500 WAN IP address into this setting (ISP DMZ) and the configuration page will not let me do this address. Further up this sting you’ll read where the MOD’s suggested this and explained that I would have to pick between a bridged ISP modem or one where I put my router into the DMZ of the ISP modem turned back to router mode. Any help is appreciated

• Administrators
On 3/2/2019 at 3:34 PM, kf4syr said:

Thanks again for your help. Yes, my ISP router/modem is still bridged, and I did try as you said to put my PC in the XR500’s DMZ but it still did not obtain an open NAT(BO4), very frustrating. I was also of the understanding that this is an unsecured thing to do for a PC and I PC game only no console.  I did read in the NETDUMA settings guide that one way to get an open NAT is to put the XR500 into your ISP modem’s DMZ. From what I understand from reading this guide is to put the XR500 WAN IP address into this setting (ISP DMZ) and the configuration page will not let me do this address. Further up this sting you’ll read where the MOD’s suggested this and explained that I would have to pick between a bridged ISP modem or one where I put my router into the DMZ of the ISP modem turned back to router mode. Any help is appreciated

That's correct. Either you can put modem into bridge mode, which effectively means it passes all traffic straight to your router, or use it in router mode but with your XR500 in its DMZ.

I think given you're in bridge mode already I wouldn't change that - generally it's the best setting.

So let's get back to basics. On the XR500, could yo do the following please (appreciate you may already have done most of these):

1. Make sure modem is still in bridge mode
  2. Enable UPNP on the XR500 (>Settings >Advanced >UPNP)
  3. Disabled IPv6 (>Settings >Advanced >IPv6)
  4. In port forwarding (>Settings >Advanced >Port Forwarding), port forward all of these ports to your PC: https://twitter.com/talbyfish/status/1061710393595322379/photo/1
  5. Set your Geo-Filter to Spectating mode
  6. Boot up the game - do you now have open NAT?
  7. Then change Geo-Filter to Filtering mode

Let us know how you get on!

Thank you for your help but to no avail still moderate NAT. The question I have is that the twitter link showing the settings for port forwarding I noticed that my setting screen does not look like this, so the source is what and destination is what? My port forwarding screen is as follows: Service name, external ports, internal ports and internal IP address. Are my external ports the same as source or the other way around and ETC. Also in the past I have been told to turn off UPnP if I was using port forwarding, but I noticed to instructed to leave it on. Curious about that one, thanks. I just checked these forwarding rules that are from the link and they are for Playstation 4 and I am using a PC only.

• Administrators

Keep UPNP enabled - it automatically opens ports for trusted devices, so disabling it can cause problems with other devices e.g. WiFi calling on a smartphone.

You can set the external and internal ports to the same number. 

Could you take a screenshot of your port forwarding after setting up your rules please? We can then check if they look correct.

Also, please double check your modem is in bridge mode. You can do this by accessing it's user interface. 

OK understand about keeping UPnP enabled and will do. Understand about keeping the ports the same number. My ISP router/modem is bridged and checked in it's user interface. Now the question is, should the port forwarding rules I use be for PC, XBOX or Playstion as recommended by Activision for BOP4? I only PC game and not console. 

These are the recommended PC ports for BOP4 from Activision 

TCP ports 3074, 27014-27050                UDP ports 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27031, 27036 

The ports recommended from your link are for Playstation and I would think I should be using PC ports. Before I take a screen shot of the port forwarding rules I wanted to make sure which ones, thank you for all your help.

OK, success and this is how. I ruled all the ports that are suggested by Activision and Blizzard, but still no open NAT. So, at the Activision support page there is a link to help you with port rules and to add port rules at your WIN10 firewall settings. There I noticed that the settings for BOP4 was set to private and WW2 was set to all. I changed this firewall setting to all for BOP4 and that changed my NAT. Again thank you for your help and hopefully this helps someone else.