jb68

Lag Spike when watching twitch and gaming

Hi,

I have a 80/20 connection and my settings are set to 60% both ways and Anti Bufferbloat is always on but I keep getting massive lag spikes when watching twitch on my phone while gaming.

Yes all devices are connected to the router, how do I disable traffic priorization 

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Something is configured incorrectly then. Please follow our optimal settings guides: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646 

Had a look and seems my settings are fine, I do a Speedtest and the speeds are limited when anti buffer bloat is on which seems right but the games have lag spikes all the time.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Please provide a screenshot of your QoS & Geo-Filter settings. What ping are you getting in game? Please describe your exact physical setup.

My Set up is BT Openreach Modem > XR500 > Zyxel Multy X > Multy X Secondary --- > ethernet to ps4 

My Ping is about 24-28 but jumps up to 100 when I use the internet on another device like youtube or twitch 

Screenshot 2019-02-23 at 17.56.58.png

Screenshot 2019-02-23 at 17.57.14.png

Screenshot 2019-02-23 at 17.57.22.png

Yeah PPPoE and no Zyxel is on bridge mode acting as a AP so the XR500 does all the work. I tried removing all devices on the network and just had XR500 and still happens :(

It may be PPPoE causing it. Are you able to have the BT modem handle PPPoE or put another router in between modem & XR500 to handle PPPOE to see if the issue is resolved?

Can’t get BT modem to handle the PPoE. I don’t think that’s the issue though.

There is a possible cause that PPPoE connections cause QoS to not work correctly. If you have another router to handle the PPPoE we could rule it out if it continues

Just a follow up on this topic. After months of getting no where with BT, I switched to plus net and when the switch was complete. I didn’t change any equipment at all and it resolved it instantly. Looks like a change of port in the FTTC Cabient fixed it. 

That's fantastic to hear and thank you for giving us an update. I'll close this topic now but feel free to open another if you have any further questions/issues.