11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They're lower than 1024, mostly using standard internet ports. Depends on what your QoS settings are, should be near what Anti-Bufferbloat says you should have but console speed tests aren't as accurate. It detects if the device is online then any ports it uses within the range are prioritised. This is exactly the way the old worked, there is no difference except it's more automatic and detects when the console is online. It uses DPI to determine gaming consoles or games on PC. It will prioritize whatever is asked for, gaming barely uses much bandwidth so it can prioritize all without issue.

Great let us know!

SO, am i supposed to flush the cloud? because I keep getting thrown into Texas Dedi's when I clearly live in maine. set ping assist to 15 (to make it pick the lowest ping) that usually gets me dedicated servers. But when i did flush the cloud it said it was taking longer than expected. Just to clear things up this is Bo3 were talking about since i didnt specify. ping seems more stable in game as well, meaning Qos must be working. i dont have strict mode on though, never did, just set ping assist low and it would give me good servers before, im not in spectator mode either. thoughts?

• Administrators

You should definitely be using strict mode otherwise you could get other servers outside your radius. That sounds like a mislocated server caught by ping assist if you're getting a server there, I assume it's a low ping still? 

You can flush cloud thats fine, when that message appears just refresh the page after a minute and it'll work fine.

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You should definitely be using strict mode otherwise you could get other servers outside your radius. That sounds like a mislocated server caught by ping assist if you're getting a server there, I assume it's a low ping still? 

I did the same thing last time I had Duma OS installed, never had to have strict mode on, just set ping assist and then I would get dedicated servers regardless.

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can flush cloud thats fine, when that message appears just refresh the page after a minute and it'll work fine.

Also, I did have strict mode on another time I tried and it still put me on a dedicated server in texas again😕. I know this because it used to happen before and the ping would always be 80. On a dedi near me it would be no more than 25.

See, didn't even have strict mode on and played bo4 and got a local Dedicated server 😏, even though i denied those texas ones on bo3 there were more...of course. nothing stopped me from being forced to play on them. but that wasnt an issue last time, idk

image.thumb.png.9cb3e5612561d337b4d6eeb5fe0513f7.png

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, bbursley said:

See, didn't even have strict mode on and played bo4 and got a local Dedicated server 😏, even though i denied those texas ones on bo3 there were more...of course. nothing stopped me from being forced to play on them. but that wasnt an issue last time, idk

image.thumb.png.9cb3e5612561d337b4d6eeb5fe0513f7.png

In that particular screenshot, the server is likely an authentication / background server (since it's got a white circle around it, meaning it's whitelisted). That is unless you've added it to the Allow list yourself. Seems like you're getting a great ping there. I'm not sure why you're getting forced onto the Texas ones in BO3, but all kinds of weird decisions are made with previous CoD titles when the player-base starts moving to later games.

1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

In that particular screenshot, the server is likely an authentication / background server (since it's got a white circle around it, meaning it's whitelisted). That is unless you've added it to the Allow list yourself. Seems like you're getting a great ping there. I'm not sure why you're getting forced onto the Texas ones in BO3, but all kinds of weird decisions are made with previous CoD titles when the player-base starts moving to later games.

Yeah i did whitelist it because thats generally the servers (when I do get dedicated ones) that i connect to. Im still unsure as to why i was getting connected to the texas ones. As i stated before that i have never needed to use strict mode in general to obtain a server (such as that located there). You are right and 25ms isnt bad for most connections and the tick rate was decently low, i guess thats good? I think i saw the lower the tick rate the closer the players were. Still unsure as to why flushing the cloud kept giving me that issue. I feel like my Qos is working fine now and the only issue had been the cloud error and getting stuck on bad hosts. If its not one thing its another 😂

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Strict is definitely the right move. Was it ping assisted as in it showed a dashed circle around it?

And so answer your question no, it was alot like the one i white listed, only instead i had black listed the texas one, still get grabbing it under different ip addresses though it seems. As you can see they each had different ID's. I personally am just gonna roll with it for now, but i do feel like flushing the cloud and that being successful is a must have part of ensuring you can host filter properly.

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you provide a screenshot of when you're getting matched outside the radius to the Texas server please. You'd have to keep denying all the IDs, they do cluster a lot of servers together which make it difficult.

sure thing. I rebooted my router and i still kept getting the same error when trying to flush the cloud, how do i know it is successful? im assuming it is just based off the fact that i was able to acquire a local server despite not having strict on for bo4

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great thanks! Just after a minute once it shows the message refresh the page, it will have applied. You can still get servers with strict off, but strict off allows dedicated servers outside the radius also

so whats the idea behind ping assist then? Shouldnt it just reject those hosts who are higher than the threshold, or at least accept the lowest possible option? Idk its a little concerning though, because the first installation of Duma OS that never happened. I just feel like each time has had one problem resolve while another surfaces.

• Administrators

Ping Assist works just based on ping, it would allow servers/peers outside your radius that are under your ping limit. Whereas strict mode off would just allow servers outside the radius regardless of ping, it was introduced mainly for Destiny. What do you mean exactly? Only the recent firmware had ping assist in

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ping Assist works just based on ping, it would allow servers/peers outside your radius that are under your ping limit. Whereas strict mode off would just allow servers outside the radius regardless of ping, it was introduced mainly for Destiny. What do you mean exactly? Only the recent firmware had ping assist in

Ping assist was in the original r1 firmware. I have only ever used the version of Duma OS with ping assist in it, as I had moved off campus into an apartment. I did install Duma OS back then as well but it had the "milestone" version which already had the features implemented. When I had used it at that time when I first moved in I would only get the lowest server possible even if I didnt use strict mode. Meaning I set it to like 15 and it seemed to only allow the best option (dedicated servers). Maybe that was by luck since there are alot more players on Bo4 than Bo3. Idk im losing track at this point but I think even when I had downgraded versions I did the same with ping assist and I got more dedicated servers and still never used strict either.

• Administrators

I'm not saying you can't use strict disabled, some people do and you'll still get great games. I'm just saying what functionality it brings and how it works. With it off that may explain what you're seeing, if you find the games are better with it off then leave it but you might see games outside your radius

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm not saying you can't use strict disabled, some people do and you'll still get great games. I'm just saying what functionality it brings and how it works. With it off that may explain what you're seeing, if you find the games are better with it off then leave it but you might see games outside your radius

Ill just have to experiment with it. When i get the time to that is. When i do ill be sure to polst the results, if at all any are bad of course. I want the netduma to work well for myself as much as the next guy.