RehivaE

PACKET LOSS FORTNITE

I'm having a high % of packet loss while playing fortnite, this lost is giving me little spikes even if I'm playing with a constant 30ms. What can I do??

you could have a damaged ethernet cable if you are wired. I would suggest changing cables and also checking they are firmly into their connection ports. 

On 2/9/2019 at 12:03 PM, BIG__DOG said:

you could have a damaged ethernet cable if you are wired. I would suggest changing cables and also checking they are firmly into their connection ports. 

I'm using the netduma cat 6 cable

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How are you determining the packet loss, on the game ping information?

Are you utilising QoS/Congestion Control on the router?

sure, I hae 90/90 both sliders 

I'd suggest you use this guide to fine tune your settings as at 90% you're probably not limiting local congestion as effectively as you could which may be why you're seeing packet loss : http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection

Also make sure Hyper Traffic is enabled for the console/Traffic Prioritization has DumaOS Classified Games enabled.

On 2/10/2019 at 1:38 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I'd suggest you use this guide to fine tune your settings as at 90% you're probably not limiting local congestion as effectively as you could which may be why you're seeing packet loss : http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection

Also make sure Hyper Traffic is enabled for the console/Traffic Prioritization has DumaOS Classified Games enabled.

I put the sliders to 70% and still having 1% of packet loss playing fortnite. WHat can I do?? help me please

1 hour ago, Zeru94 said:

I put the sliders to 70% and still having 1% of packet loss playing fortnite. WHat can I do?? help me please

Could you run a Pingplotter test to confirm if this is on your side? As PharmDawgg says, often packet loss is on the servers / the Internet (so nothing wrong with your local network). Thanks.