Jump to content

Recommended Posts

A new battle royal game just got released today called Apex Legends, it is a free to play game just wondering if there is any plans for geo-Filter ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Puinsai said:

A new battle royal game just got released today called Apex Legends, it is a free to play game just wondering if there is any plans for geo-Filter ?

We're gunna' have to check this out. It should be supported already - our cloud is far more comprehensive than it used to be. It's a constantly updating database now, so if the Apex Legends servers already existed previously (which is highly likely) then you should be able to use the Geo-Filter as usual :)

If you'd like to help, maybe send a screenshot of what the Geo-Filter looks like when you first load the game up. There should be a moment where all the game servers are pinged, so they all show up on the map. I could let you know if anything seems amiss!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My connections always seem to be under 20 ping, but server is showing in USA (Im in England), so presume they are mis-located.

Will see if I ever get a bad server but at moment, not having to use geo filter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you turn geofilter on it won't connect so definitely don't use geofilter and to be fair the game does seem to do a fairly good job of connecting you to your local server only had a couple of games so far that have been laggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t use the geofilter because it’s not p2p. It allows you to select their dedicated servers. I only us qos, bandwidth allocation and traffic prioritization. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked GEO last night on my PS4, just to clarify.. It seems when you first load game and connect to their server, its based in USA (100 ping or so), this is not a game server, maybe just EA logon server or something.

From then on, when connecting to a new game, it always connects me to a server located in Europe with <20 ping.

I presume you could have GEO on, you may have to allow the USA (logon) server first though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys - just letting you know that we're testing Apex thoroughly and we're coming up with some new strategies to make sure the Geo-Filter is doing the best job it can. The game runs a ping check to every server worldwide when you boot up the game, and I think it also runs authentication before you search. We're sussing it out so bear with us :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI:

The following list is compiled from the Data Center list in Apex Legends. 

USA: Salt Lake City
USA: Oregon GCE 1
USA: Oregon GCE 2
USA: Oregon 1
USA: Oregon 2
USA: St Louis
USA: Dallas
USA: Iowa GCE 1
USA: Iowa GCE 2
USA: Iowa GCE 3
USA: New York
USA: South Carolina GCE 1
USA: South Carolina GCE 2
USA: Virginia 1
USA: Virginia 2
Brazil - Sao Paulo GCE 1
Brazil - Sao Paulo GCE 2
Brazil - Sao Paulo 1
Brazil - Sao Paulo 2
UK - London
Netherlands - Amsterdam
Belgium GCE 1
Belgium GCE 2
Belgium GCE 3
Germany - Frankfurt 1
Germany - Frankfurt 2
Hong Kong
Taiwan GCE 1
Taiwan GCE 2
Singapore 1
Singapore GCE 1
Singapore GCE 2
Japan - Tokyo
Japan - Tokyo GCE 1
Japan - Tokyo GCE 2
Japan - Tokyo GCE 3
Japan - Tokyo 1
Japan - Tokyo 2
Australia - Sydney
Australia - Sydney 1
Australia - Sydney 2
Australia - Sydney GCE 1
Australia - Sydney GCE 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Pharm. Btw, how do you guys get to see the servers on PC? I don't have much options to choose from. Even when I choose Battlefield (cos EA servers), I still can't see any servers appear when I play Apex Legends.

Just because there are Singapore servers, I do not know why I get rubber banding at times. Feels like not a Singapore server. Hmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geo-Filter would recommend spectating mode for now while we test the game. Apparently you can select the server if you fail to connect several times so you could potentially use the Geo-Filter to achieve that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 1:36 AM, Netduma Jack said:

We're gunna' have to check this out. It should be supported already - our cloud is far more comprehensive than it used to be. It's a constantly updating database now, so if the Apex Legends servers already existed previously (which is highly likely) then you should be able to use the Geo-Filter as usual :)

If you'd like to help, maybe send a screenshot of what the Geo-Filter looks like when you first load the game up. There should be a moment where all the game servers are pinged, so they all show up on the map. I could let you know if anything seems amiss!

The screenshot of what the Geo-Filter looks like when i first load the game up ;

2019-02-12_1616.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 9:15 PM, PharmDawgg said:

Some info concerning ports for Apex Legends. 

 

I'm on ps4 wouldn't having upnp enabled help sort out ports over manually forwarding them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone help me I have been getting the error "out of sync with server" really frustrating always happens at the endgame. any suggestions????? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, brian54 said:

Can anyone help me I have been getting the error "out of sync with server" really frustrating always happens at the endgame. any suggestions????? 

They put out an update today with some fixes so see if that resolves it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pings and servers in this game are straight dog shit masked by a detailed in depth game.  Doesnt matter if your on a server in your yard its still shit.  Try putting your ping on 40 and consistently getting into a game without getting kicked.  Another game that shits on players with top notch connections and favors those with average networks.  It used to be low ping was ideal now its a toss up, in Cod for example a low ping is a death wish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

The pings and servers in this game are straight dog shit masked by a detailed in depth game.  Doesnt matter if your on a server in your yard its still shit.  Try putting your ping on 40 and consistently getting into a game without getting kicked.  Another game that shits on players with top notch connections and favors those with average networks.  It used to be low ping was ideal now its a toss up, in Cod for example a low ping is a death wish

I think this is a bit harsh. I have a lot of hours in this game now and am a fairly decent level. I'm in the UK and play on UK servers, I can honestly say I've not experienced lag much at all in this game except in a handful of matches. I even play with my friend who lives in Japan and we both have a decent connection to the game. So I'd definitely suggest looking at your router settings/line to find out what could be causing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not working for me so far constant disconnects after every match then multiple attempts to reconnect without success. I am based in UK and have all the European servers covered with ping assist at 30ms but have had to go back to spectating mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...