Network Prioritisation

Impulse

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There is no way, it's always on the latest.

The cloud is the same across the versions as far as I am aware. So I don't think it's anything to do with the cloud. Perhaps it's with how the Geo-Filter interprets the information differently from the original. I've not seen any issues with it myself but it seems a few people have intense problems like you guys, so perhaps something elsewhere. Do you have any firewalls on the PC?

I play on PS4, not PC. Anyway I know the location of the server, but it appears as a peer. It's weird coz the server is located in Sweden according to the IP and the cloud, but I live in UAE which puzzles me as to why I get 20ms ping to it.

On 4/1/2019 at 9:58 PM, bbursley said:

Why cant you just migrate the information from the R1 cloud to the DumaOS cloud? I only ever had issues with DumaOS and any factor involving geofilter. Since downgrading back to the R1 firmware I have literally had ZERO issues with geofilter. Its literally flawless. I can place myself over the dedicated server I usually prefer to connect to with strict mode on and it works every single time regardless of the game I play. Are the two clouds connected? If not it might be worth while to do a data migration over, otherwise its definitely an OS issue. I cant see why one would work flawless and the other is struggling. I had to stop using DumaOS because it was impossible to get into lobbies and strict mode literally did nothing. 

Is there any way for me to get the old cloud but on a nighthawk xr500 ?

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, bbursley said:

well pretty much every PC has a firewall, especially if its windows. Are you suggesting that perhaps there might be a firewall rule blocking it? I can't see where that would matter since if one works on chrome then so should the other. I mean, I do have adblocker on but I have always allowed it for all instances of the netduma pages. I have it turned off for them and its working fine with the older firmware. I mean my setup is all the same from one to the other. 

DumaOS works very differently than the original firmware and we have found that adblockers can block specific RPC calls that need to be done. This wouldn't be an issue on the original firmware. If you disable the non windows firewall do you find your experience to be any better?

37 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I play on PS4, not PC. Anyway I know the location of the server, but it appears as a peer. It's weird coz the server is located in Sweden according to the IP and the cloud, but I live in UAE which puzzles me as to why I get 20ms ping to it.

IPs can be sold, so I would imagine that it used to be Sweden but was sold either to UAE or surrounding areas and that the IP databases haven't updated. This is why we take the users word on what ping they're getting even if it seems as though the server should be elsewhere.

No there isn't, it always runs the latest.

29 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

DumaOS works very differently than the original firmware and we have found that adblockers can block specific RPC calls that need to be done. This wouldn't be an issue on the original firmware. If you disable the non windows firewall do you find your experience to be any better?

IPs can be sold, so I would imagine that it used to be Sweden but was sold either to UAE or surrounding areas and that the IP databases haven't updated. This is why we take the users word on what ping they're getting even if it seems as though the server should be elsewhere.

No there isn't, it always runs the latest.

Interesting. I know for sure I had disabled adblocker to run at all on the netduma pages. 

1 hour ago, Impulse said:

I guess the cloud is the same all the way across the board. As Fraser said its just the way they handle them apparently. 

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, bbursley said:

Interesting. I know for sure I had disabled adblocker to run at all on the netduma pages. 

We found with one adblocker in particular that even when it was whitelisted it still blocked certain elements required. We had to get in contact with them and it was a fix they were able to implement on their end.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We found with one adblocker in particular that even when it was whitelisted it still blocked certain elements required. We had to get in contact with them and it was a fix they were able to implement on their end.

Interesting. So would I just have to disable adblocker or uninstall it altogether? Idk I’m still skeptical as geofilter for DumaOS has been iffy for more people than me, some of which may not even have an adblocker installed. But, out of pure experimental function I suppose it would be worth testing to be sure. It still seems like there is some strong evidence to suspect there may be some faults. Is the new firmware not cookie based or?

• Administrators
15 hours ago, bbursley said:

Interesting. So would I just have to disable adblocker or uninstall it altogether? Idk I’m still skeptical as geofilter for DumaOS has been iffy for more people than me, some of which may not even have an adblocker installed. But, out of pure experimental function I suppose it would be worth testing to be sure. It still seems like there is some strong evidence to suspect there may be some faults. Is the new firmware not cookie based or?

Disable it first, I did have troubles with the one I used and had to uninstall but I wouldn't recommend that unless you're willing to. DumaOS makes client - server connections so if these are hindered then it could cause issues, perhaps none that would cause error messages (though the one I'm referring to did). Your issue is peculiar so I'm thinking back to any weird issues that couldn't be explained through the router and how they were solved. 

I may or may not have mentioned to you as well to plug the router directly into a wall socket rather than an extender. An extender can cause some weird issues.

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So wouldn't it be more convenient if you guys moved it on the cloud to UAE ? Because it currently still shows up in Sweden (Stockholm to be specific) 

2 minutes ago, Impulse said:

So wouldn't it be more convenient if you guys moved it on the cloud to UAE ? Because it currently still shows up in Sweden (Stockholm to be specific) 

Screenshot_20190403-232711.thumb.jpg.344edfa91704c8f87846f827debcd5c1.jpg here's the exact location of where it is (in my radius)

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Impulse said:

Yes it would, have you got the specific ID for that one?

25 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes it would, have you got the specific ID for that one?

Yes I've sent it multiple times. Although the id keeps changing. The beginning letters/numbers are the same though.

27 minutes ago, Impulse said:

Screenshot_20190403-232711.thumb.jpg.344edfa91704c8f87846f827debcd5c1.jpg here's the exact location of where it is (in my radius)

If it keeps changing could you keep providing it please? Although they can be similar the range can vary quite a bit.

If it keeps changing could you keep providing it please? Although they can be similar the range can vary quite a bit.

It shows up as 1 server, but I don't get why the id is different ever so often

Just now, Impulse said:

It shows up as 1 server, but I don't get why the id is different ever so often

All of the ones that start with 991f are good. There's at least 5 more like this so do u need those as well?

15543311196303929844528887735417.jpg

• Administrators

If you have any mislocated servers, could you input them here please so we can collect them in the form: 

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable it first, I did have troubles with the one I used and had to uninstall but I wouldn't recommend that unless you're willing to. DumaOS makes client - server connections so if these are hindered then it could cause issues, perhaps none that would cause error messages (though the one I'm referring to did). Your issue is peculiar so I'm thinking back to any weird issues that couldn't be explained through the router and how they were solved. 

I may or may not have mentioned to you as well to plug the router directly into a wall socket rather than an extender. An extender can cause some weird issues.

Yeah I know it can cause some weird issues, I guess I could give it one last shot before I head out to work for the night. What makes client-server different from what the old firmware did? I also didnt like DumaOS because it caused me to lose a lot of speed like preemptive did, So if I set my sliders to 70/70 on a 100/10 connection I would get 35 or something download with it struggling to reach higher up than that if it ever does, sometimes it would fall lower than that...not sure why. I just think DumaOS is to much for the R1, the original firmware was pretty rough on it as it was and it took a while to even work out the kinks in that one. Then the Netgear products dropped....I dont know if I wanna invest in the xr300 simply because they have all the say on when updates can come out :(. Im not a fan of that, Though with this faster connection it seems like im only hindering myself by not upgrading as well....

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, bbursley said:

Yeah I know it can cause some weird issues, I guess I could give it one last shot before I head out to work for the night. What makes client-server different from what the old firmware did? I also didnt like DumaOS because it caused me to lose a lot of speed like preemptive did, So if I set my sliders to 70/70 on a 100/10 connection I would get 35 or something download with it struggling to reach higher up than that if it ever does, sometimes it would fall lower than that...not sure why. I just think DumaOS is to much for the R1, the original firmware was pretty rough on it as it was and it took a while to even work out the kinks in that one. Then the Netgear products dropped....I dont know if I wanna invest in the xr300 simply because they have all the say on when updates can come out :(. Im not a fan of that, Though with this faster connection it seems like im only hindering myself by not upgrading as well....

I don't know specifically as I'm not a developer, all I know is that is why the firewall issue occurred on DumaOS as opposed to the original firmware.

Try what I suggested above and let us know, but to also get this moving forward if that fails I will personally test my own R1 (that I've had pre launch 2014 so it's an old boy!) on DumaOS at the weekend with Blackout/WiFi in my home setting, not in the lab. I've copied this to your other post as well.

7 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

If you have any mislocated servers, could you input them here please so we can collect them in the form: 

They're not really misplaced as the IP tracks back to Sweden (I'm guessing that's how the DumaOS is locating it), and I don't think it would be easy to input each of the servers details that I've sent above individually into the form here. Can't the engineers just shift that "peer" that shows up in Sweden to United Arab Emirates ? Since I'm guessing UAE bought the IP as the admin mentioned above.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Impulse said:

They're not really misplaced as the IP tracks back to Sweden (I'm guessing that's how the DumaOS is locating it), and I don't think it would be easy to input each of the servers details that I've sent above individually into the form here. Can't the engineers just shift that "peer" that shows up in Sweden to United Arab Emirates ? Since I'm guessing UAE bought the IP as the admin mentioned above.

Yes I get what you mean, it's correct in the sense that that's where everyone thinks it is. It'd be much easier for you to copy and paste the IDs into the form, otherwise we'd have to go through each ID, making sure to get every character correct which would take a while. Not that easy unfortunately, the IDs are essential for us to move them.

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes I get what you mean, it's correct in the sense that that's where everyone thinks it is. It'd be much easier for you to copy and paste the IDs into the form, otherwise we'd have to go through each ID, making sure to get every character correct which would take a while. Not that easy unfortunately, the IDs are essential for us to move them.

991f5520bc387f84
991febb6bc387f84
991f8752bc387f84
991f6631bc387f84
991f8a55bc387f84
991f531ebc387f84
991f4712bc387f84
991f905bbc387f84
991fab76bc387f84
991f5f2abc387f84
991f400bbc387f84
991f632ebc387f84