Network Prioritisation

Impulse

12 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Yeah, i would suggest playing without ping assist.....what i have found when i used ping assist to try and force the game to only connect to the best server which gives me a 25ms ping is that it would not find any lobbies even if i would set the ping value to say 50-70ms.....ideally i dont want to play on that high of a ping compared to the 25ms server. 

I use geofilter set to around 1500km with strict mode activated at present and the same range with spectating mode activated. 

Ping Assist is set to 0ms. 

Fast Search is not enabled. 

One more thing, in QOS you can physically change only the bandwith which the console receives, that way your other devices wont be affected by the change to its upload and download speeds. 

Leave your bandwith spread as is, just click on the console, and reduce its bandwith to your desired bandwith, i used 0.5mbps on both up and down speeds with share access de-activated. My other devices still work as normal as i always gave the console the most bandwith. 

But when u uncheck share excess, the other devices won't get the full speed since each device only gets a certain percentage of the total and this is even worse when u have multiple devices as the fraction becomes even less. 

I have about 7 devices connected to the XR500 

Line speed 50down and 20up

Havent had any issues with or without share access enabled......but then again, i havent had an instance where all the devices were using the internet at the same time. 

Give it a try with share access enabled first and thereafter disabled with the console bandwith minimized to 0.5mbps on both download and upload (make sure to update the distribution before going over to either download or upload....whichever you have adjusted first - ignore if you have been updating the distribution after each adjustment). 

Also forgot to mention last night that my ingame bandwith remains at +4mbps.

Can you check your ingame geographical location in the games network settings. Are u placed close to where you live or how far has the game set your location in relation to where you live. 

My ingame location is exactly where i live, i have found that to affect my experience as well. 

If placed to far, i simply reboot the modem supplying the internet to get it sorted, which works more often than not. 

So I've downgraded to .32 where there's no ping assist, and I can't find any games now within my radius. So I'm guessing the servers have been misplaced on the cloud or there's no servers for Middle East anymore ? Highly doubt it's the latter since I've found 2 games yesterday with the server ids I mentioned above where the ping was 30ms. 

Umm if I can recall they were in Middle East. Although when u trace the IP it shows them in Sweden. If I ping the servers I have saved is it supposed to show the location? It shows the ping but I don't see the icon on the map. (Currently not online on Black Ops 4 to see the location of it. This is just based off me pinging the id)

• Administrators

That's really strange, there's probably been some confusion then in the cloud. No it just pings it, doesn't show on the map. I did let the team know and they're doing updates on the cloud currently.

Hey Bud, i feel your frustrations......i too am awaiting and looking forward to the cloud update as i have to do a few work arounds on my side as well as i would randomly not get lobbies (with strict mode enabled and no ping assist). 

My fix has been to then remove the console from the geo filter, then flush the cloud (while the ps4) is off. 

Wait a few minutes, then re-add the console. 

It works for a stretch then randomly the lobby hunt starts again. Definitely not an ideal situation at present but just doing what i have to so that i can play. 

Hopefully the cloud update comes soon. 

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, Impulse said:

I'm guessing they're still "working on the cloud" ? 

I empathise with that - we do say it a lot. It's always true - it's a constant for us. Hopefully we can get a sort of 'log' working on this forum at some point to keep a history of what each cloud update contained, I think that'd help you guys to see what actually goes into it etc.

Our recent big one was for Apex, we'll try to keep everyone in the loop when another is released!

Hey so I've figured out that the BO4 servers that give me 20-30ms ping are actually located in Sweden, even though I'm in UAE which is weird. Now when I place my radius over the server in sweden, I tend to get good games more often than not, but that creates the issue of my friends who are in UAE not managing to join me and vice versa. 

Hi Impulse, 

I was just about to make a post about the Geofilter, 

So here goes.....i have done the same as u, however in my case my friends can join on me.......what you can do is add  your friends to your whitelist aka allowed list. 

Start by opening up the Geo radius to include where they are based, then without being in a game, have them join you in say a chat party, they will then appear on yr Geo map. 

Remove auto ping on host, then ping each player individually and add them to the allowed list and name them accordingly. 

yeah that wont work, i would have the same problem if i had to host the matches in tournament or just random scrims, but then again in the event that you are hosting just deactivate the geofilter. 

The geofilter is only really useful for pubs, 

For everything else you are at the mercy of your connection and either how good or bad the opposition host is.

In BO4 everyone is potentially a bad host, i've seen even the pro players complain about hosts and that's everyday during their scrims.

• Administrators
On 3/30/2019 at 9:08 PM, GHOST-1-EC said:

yeah that wont work, i would have the same problem if i had to host the matches in tournament or just random scrims, but then again in the event that you are hosting just deactivate the geofilter. 

The geofilter is only really useful for pubs, 

For everything else you are at the mercy of your connection and either how good or bad the opposition host is.

In BO4 everyone is potentially a bad host, i've seen even the pro players complain about hosts and that's everyday during their scrims.

You're correct, you can't use the Geo-Filter in custom matches the party leader is chosen as the host. Can be useful to know the ping though, and the host's location. People can do dodgy stuff in matches for money e.g. get a teammate from a different continent to host so he has an advantage.

Hey so I can now get good games, but at the expense of waiting times. Is there a way to speed up the search process to force it to connect to the server (I'm assuming it's the same server Everytime coz it always shows up on the same area of the map although there's a slight variation in the server id)

On 3/26/2019 at 1:41 PM, Netduma Jack said:

I empathise with that - we do say it a lot. It's always true - it's a constant for us. Hopefully we can get a sort of 'log' working on this forum at some point to keep a history of what each cloud update contained, I think that'd help you guys to see what actually goes into it etc.

Our recent big one was for Apex, we'll try to keep everyone in the loop when another is released!

Why cant you just migrate the information from the R1 cloud to the DumaOS cloud? I only ever had issues with DumaOS and any factor involving geofilter. Since downgrading back to the R1 firmware I have literally had ZERO issues with geofilter. Its literally flawless. I can place myself over the dedicated server I usually prefer to connect to with strict mode on and it works every single time regardless of the game I play. Are the two clouds connected? If not it might be worth while to do a data migration over, otherwise its definitely an OS issue. I cant see why one would work flawless and the other is struggling. I had to stop using DumaOS because it was impossible to get into lobbies and strict mode literally did nothing. 

3 hours ago, bbursley said:

Why cant you just migrate the information from the R1 cloud to the DumaOS cloud? I only ever had issues with DumaOS and any factor involving geofilter. Since downgrading back to the R1 firmware I have literally had ZERO issues with geofilter. Its literally flawless. I can place myself over the dedicated server I usually prefer to connect to with strict mode on and it works every single time regardless of the game I play. Are the two clouds connected? If not it might be worth while to do a data migration over, otherwise its definitely an OS issue. I cant see why one would work flawless and the other is struggling. I had to stop using DumaOS because it was impossible to get into lobbies and strict mode literally did nothing. 

Is there any way for me to get the old cloud but on a nighthawk xr500 ?

• Netduma Staff
16 hours ago, bbursley said:

We're fairly certain it's impossible for the DumaOS cloud to be less effective than the old one; our new cloud is extremely accurate with better support for authentication servers. I'm open minded though - if you believe this to be the case, could you show us screenshots to illustrate your point? If you're playing Apex or Black Ops 4, how does your experience differ between both versions? (Worth running new tests in case a new cloud version was released before you tried it).

7 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

We're fairly certain it's impossible for the DumaOS cloud to be less effective than the old one; our new cloud is extremely accurate with better support for authentication servers. I'm open minded though - if you believe this to be the case, could you show us screenshots to illustrate your point? If you're playing Apex or Black Ops 4, how does your experience differ between both versions? (Worth running new tests in case a new cloud version was released before you tried it).

If its not the cloud then could it just be something in the firmware? Idk honestly, I can only speculate from the way the old firmware works flawlessly from the new one. I never get any errors or something telling me its taking too long, I can instantly find games over and over even if im booting the game up with the geo still enabled. With DumaOS id always get host depending on the game. Like with black ops 3, I knew there were players near me and dedicated server and all strict with a circle over an area would do would force me to be host or give me some crappy dedicated server or player. I would also get moderate nat and that actually helped me more with geo on did than without. In the old firmware im consistently keeping open nat type, and finding matches in seconds. Idk what would cause the difference.

20 hours ago, Impulse said:

I find it hard to imagine that the cloud would be an issue for newer devices since I could only assume they made sure DumaOS was more ready to go for those devices than on the R1

• Administrators
22 hours ago, Impulse said:

There is no way, it's always on the latest.

6 hours ago, bbursley said:

If its not the cloud then could it just be something in the firmware? Idk honestly, I can only speculate from the way the old firmware works flawlessly from the new one. I never get any errors or something telling me its taking too long, I can instantly find games over and over even if im booting the game up with the geo still enabled. With DumaOS id always get host depending on the game. Like with black ops 3, I knew there were players near me and dedicated server and all strict with a circle over an area would do would force me to be host or give me some crappy dedicated server or player. I would also get moderate nat and that actually helped me more with geo on did than without. In the old firmware im consistently keeping open nat type, and finding matches in seconds. Idk what would cause the difference.

I find it hard to imagine that the cloud would be an issue for newer devices since I could only assume they made sure DumaOS was more ready to go for those devices than on the R1

The cloud is the same across the versions as far as I am aware. So I don't think it's anything to do with the cloud. Perhaps it's with how the Geo-Filter interprets the information differently from the original. I've not seen any issues with it myself but it seems a few people have intense problems like you guys, so perhaps something elsewhere. Do you have any firewalls on the PC?

59 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There is no way, it's always on the latest.

The cloud is the same across the versions as far as I am aware. So I don't think it's anything to do with the cloud. Perhaps it's with how the Geo-Filter interprets the information differently from the original. I've not seen any issues with it myself but it seems a few people have intense problems like you guys, so perhaps something elsewhere. Do you have any firewalls on the PC?

well pretty much every PC has a firewall, especially if its windows. Are you suggesting that perhaps there might be a firewall rule blocking it? I can't see where that would matter since if one works on chrome then so should the other. I mean, I do have adblocker on but I have always allowed it for all instances of the netduma pages. I have it turned off for them and its working fine with the older firmware. I mean my setup is all the same from one to the other.