Network Prioritisation

Impulse

Hi Guys

I dont want to sound like a broken record but the current situation on BO4 is beyond unbearable, all the servers are unplayable at the moment, i've been very patient over the last two weeks since the games last update, hoping your team would track the errors (high ping and extreme lag) that users are experiencing and put out a fix for it.

Since the update all the good servers that i had previously saved have now become 'peer' connections, also they may be placed on some other continents as i ping 400+ms to them.

I have done every single thing i could to improve the gameplay but to no avail, its just a mess at the moment. 

I have had to resort to using the geofilter in spectating mode as i could not for days on end find any lobbies and the ones that i did connect to were pinging in the 400ms range.....even with local players in from my region.

Please note that this is a Black Ops 4 isolated issue, i have near perfect gameplay in both BO3 and WW2, so there is definitely something a miss with the software and how it relates to BO4.

I am hoping that the issue gets more attention than what it currently is, as its been an issue since the launch of the game.

The inconsistencies with the BO4 gameplay is not pleasurable at all and it is placing at risk whatever good reputation you have built over time with your brand.

DumaOS on the XR500 has not fixed any Lag in BO4.

• Administrators

If all the servers are unplayable that is not a router issue, that's a game issue. If they're pinging that high then they probably are located on those foreign continents. 

400ms is higher than what I would get from UK to Australia so I think you either have some local congestion issues or some line issues going on. What do you see on the Geo-Filter in Spectating Mode and what ping do you get? 

I did say that when i play BO3 and or WW2 that the connection and gameplay was near perfect..... i ping 30ms ingame in BO3 and around 40-50ms in WW2 on the geofilter info given from the router (i use that as you cannot see your ingame ping in WW2 other than looking at it on the router side). 

With the router in spectate mode i connect to one of the various servers i have added to the 'allowed' list which did not work with strict mode enabled as i could never connect to any of them except the 400ms server/s which i have had blocked from day 1 as it always gave me a bad gaming experience. 

I say again something is a miss with BO4 and how the software relates to it..... why else does no other game that i play give me any issues? 

I'm not getting 400, but definitely not getting anything near to what I set it on. It's putting me on servers over 100ping whereas my ping assist is set to 40 and distance to 800km. 

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

I did say that when i play BO3 and or WW2 that the connection and gameplay was near perfect..... i ping 30ms ingame in BO3 and around 40-50ms in WW2 on the geofilter info given from the router (i use that as you cannot see your ingame ping in WW2 other than looking at it on the router side). 

With the router in spectate mode i connect to one of the various servers i have added to the 'allowed' list which did not work with strict mode enabled as i could never connect to any of them except the 400ms server/s which i have had blocked from day 1 as it always gave me a bad gaming experience. 

I say again something is a miss with BO4 and how the software relates to it..... why else does no other game that i play give me any issues? 

Do these servers that you've allowed have the name you gave them and are they in the same location you would normally have your radius?

Could you provide the ID of the 400ms server please? Apologies if you've provided it previously.

15 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I'm not getting 400, but definitely not getting anything near to what I set it on. It's putting me on servers over 100ping whereas my ping assist is set to 40 and distance to 800km. 

I'm sure you've tried with ping assist off, does it still act as though it's on? Have you tried exclusively using ping assist with location in the ocean?

this is a pic of my best server which used to have amazing gameplay as you can by the ping, i would connect to it in strict mode.....but now this server has gone crazy laggy, i no longer ping that low to it and even when the would read on the lower side then the gameplay is still laggy. 

IMG-20190314-WA0017.jpeg

i'll post the full id when i get home abit later. 

the next one is the bad server, the pic i took is abit too big to upload. 

but the server id is: 51a507d242f04449

i dont want to connect to it but even in strict mode the game would connect to it and i would have the 400ms ingame ping and about 360ms on the router

All the servers with the exception of one is showing as Peer connections. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do these servers that you've allowed have the name you gave them and are they in the same location you would normally have your radius?

Could you provide the ID of the 400ms server please? Apologies if you've provided it previously.

I'm sure you've tried with ping assist off, does it still act as though it's on? Have you tried exclusively using ping assist with location in the ocean?

Yea I've just tried that but still nothing. Once again I used to get good ping consistently 2 weeks prior.

• Administrators

Perhaps it's due to the big difference in tick rates. Here's a suggestion for both of you actually, can you allocate a low bandwidth (both download & upload) to the console with bandwidth allocation and share excess off and try and get a game, do you get the same one that was bad before, does it show a similar disparity in tick rate or is it more similar and does it play any better?

Try giving it: 0.5mbps max, see how it plays. Then try 5mbps max, then see how it plays. 

Gameplay has been better with the suggested changes, what is the ideal difference between send and receive rates and the Host and Client Tick rates?

Have i essentially throttled my connection now for better gameplay or should the 0.5mbps be a norm and then a higher download when needed for downloading and updates?

Playstation speedtest gives very low speeds but my in-game bandwith remained in the 4mbps range which is the norm for me.

• Administrators

Well you're not really throttling in the sense that you're still giving it more than it needs anyway but rather making sure the console doesn't take too much unnecessarily and the other devices don't take bandwidth from it. Yes you can do that definitely, it was likely the upload that made the most difference but wanted to be sure. Great news though!

30 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Gameplay has been better with the suggested changes, what is the ideal difference between send and receive rates and the Host and Client Tick rates?

Have i essentially throttled my connection now for better gameplay or should the 0.5mbps be a norm and then a higher download when needed for downloading and updates?

Playstation speedtest gives very low speeds but my in-game bandwith remained in the 4mbps range which is the norm for me.

So did u give it Max 5 upload and down? Because if I give it 0.5mbps my bandwidth in game will be 500kbps

i gave my console 0.5mbps on both the download and upload and removed share excess on both as well.

my psn speeds were 400kbps down and 300kbps up

i was anticipating alot of laggy movement from my side on my  oppositions pov but it seems to be normal.

i play in some online comps and league as well so will see how it goes in there with the current bandwith allocation.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Perhaps it's due to the big difference in tick rates. Here's a suggestion for both of you actually, can you allocate a low bandwidth (both download & upload) to the console with bandwidth allocation and share excess off and try and get a game, do you get the same one that was bad before, does it show a similar disparity in tick rate or is it more similar and does it play any better?

Try giving it: 0.5mbps max, see how it plays. Then try 5mbps max, then see how it plays. 

Turning share excess off isn't really suitable for me since I've got multiple devices connected meaning my 200mbps is throttled to roughly 10 per device...

13 minutes ago, Impulse said:

Turning share excess off isn't really suitable for me since I've got multiple devices connected meaning my 200mbps is throttled to roughly 10 per device...

Update: just tried this and still nothing. Finding the same ping. I don't understand how hard it is to just revert to how it was 2 weeks ago... 

I managed to get 2 good games tonight when the DumaOS actually did it's job of Filtering out pings higher than I set. But other than that it's the same old nonsense of connecting to the usual 130+ ping servers.

What I don't understand is that even if the server was mislocated, I still have the ping assist set to 40 which should allow me to connect to it regardless of my set radius correct ? Instead it keeps throwing me in lobbies where the ping is 5× my desired range.

i never use ping assist as i found that i would either still connect to servers with a ping higher than what i have set or i wont find a lobby.

When strict mode works i have no issues......last night i removed my console from the geofilter, then flushed the cloud and left my console off for about 5 minutes......when i restarted ai was able to find lobbies with strict mode activated.

Other than that, spectating mode should work as it did for me until i flushed the cloud and placed the console back in the geofilter, now i'm connecting through geofilter with strict mode.

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I managed to get 2 good games tonight when the DumaOS actually did it's job of Filtering out pings higher than I set. But other than that it's the same old nonsense of connecting to the usual 130+ ping servers.

What I don't understand is that even if the server was mislocated, I still have the ping assist set to 40 which should allow me to connect to it regardless of my set radius correct ? Instead it keeps throwing me in lobbies where the ping is 5× my desired range.

What were the pings of those two games? So are you saying Spectating Mode get's you those high pings also? Yes it should. 

Are you on the .40 firmware? If so can you downgrade to .32 and see if it behaves correctly?

Some League Play Game Play from earlier tonight....just uploaded onto my Channel, 0-3 Comeback with a Round 11 Win........Bullet reg was on point and no noticeable Lag.

720p quality tho......cannot upload in 1080p for some reason.

Enjoy!!!

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What were the pings of those two games? So are you saying Spectating Mode get's you those high pings also? Yes it should. 

Are you on the .40 firmware? If so can you downgrade to .32 and see if it behaves correctly?

Both games were around 30ms, and I had it on Filtering mode. So do u think turning off ping assist will help ? And yes I'm on v2.3.2.40, but I've been on it even 2 weeks ago when the Geo filter used to work.

Yeah, i would suggest playing without ping assist.....what i have found when i used ping assist to try and force the game to only connect to the best server which gives me a 25ms ping is that it would not find any lobbies even if i would set the ping value to say 50-70ms.....ideally i dont want to play on that high of a ping compared to the 25ms server. 

I use geofilter set to around 1500km with strict mode activated at present and the same range with spectating mode activated. 

Ping Assist is set to 0ms. 

Fast Search is not enabled. 

One more thing, in QOS you can physically change only the bandwith which the console receives, that way your other devices wont be affected by the change to its upload and download speeds. 

Leave your bandwith spread as is, just click on the console, and reduce its bandwith to your desired bandwith, i used 0.5mbps on both up and down speeds with share access de-activated. My other devices still work as normal as i always gave the console the most bandwith.