wrighty338

VPN recommendations?

Been toying with the idea of a VPN for a bit, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations especially for gaming and on a Netduma? Its not a big deal to sign out of it for gaming i suppose so maybe more for just browsing?

Obviously all the top names pop up once googled, i am tempted to try 2 or 3 monthly trials to find the right one Express VPN, Nord and VyprVPN all sound good choices

any experience here?

cheers

I have torguard but  speeds over vpn are absolutely  rubbish.

I have 350mbps download,   I am in UK, on connecting to US  server ( any server in US)  I get download  speed of only  3mbps.  Now that's big difference. 

I am going to cancel n get another.  Same question  ,  any ideas ? Anyone use any vpn for gaming  ?

I've tried ExpressVPN,  PIA, and NordVPN. Now for gaming, I can definitely say I had no problems with ExpressVPN and NordVPN. TorGuard I had but wasn't to my liking after trying it for a good three months. Plus on the good side, with both Nord and Express is no worrying about five eyes. 😎

On 3/5/2019 at 10:35 AM, TrayDay said:

I've tried ExpressVPN,  PIA, and NordVPN. Now for gaming, I can definitely say I had no problems with ExpressVPN and NordVPN. TorGuard I had but wasn't to my liking after trying it for a good three months. Plus on the good side, with both Nord and Express is no worrying about five eyes. 😎

I like ExpressVPN and NordVPN too.

On 1/15/2019 at 4:41 PM, wrighty338 said:

Been toying with the idea of a VPN for a bit, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations especially for gaming and on a Netduma? Its not a big deal to sign out of it for gaming i suppose so maybe more for just browsing?

Obviously all the top names pop up once googled, i am tempted to try 2 or 3 monthly trials to find the right one Express VPN, Nord and VyprVPN all sound good choices

any experience here?

cheers

That's probably the best thing your could do. 

We all have our preferences but they are strongly connected to our own individual performance which is based on our setup, location, location to game server, ISP, connection type etc...

Don't get caught up too much into the 'gaming' vpn hype.  These are just VPNs with good routing and server locations close to major gaming server banks. 

In the Southern US I find that pureVPN works very well with Chicago and Dallas server locations for CoD. It's cheaper than Express, Nord  and Vypr by far and does the same thing, for me, anyway. 

Just try them out, most either have free trial or 30 day no hassle money back guarantee. 

***EDIT***

Sorry, LOL just realized this was posted awhile back.  It was fresh on my index. 

I use Veepn.com! I use it on my computer, on Android, and my son uses it on his iPhone. As I understand it, you can connect 10 devices to one account at the same time. Don't know why so many, but I think that it's not bad. For example, you can share the subscription with a friend.

Of course there's presets for PureVPN and hidemyass so I guess i'd suggest those, although I'm obviously a bit biased!

Anything with OpenVPN 2.4.3 config files available will work though.

On 1/16/2019 at 3:41 AM, wrighty338 said:

any experience here?

cheers

There is no VPN service that gives you a 2 or 3 months trial. I would recommend you expressvpn it offers 30 days trial. Currently, I am using it that is why I am suggesting it. The best thing I love about them is their customer support and their logging policy. It is the only provider that does not use the hard disk on their servers, but they use RAMs. you can read more about it here https://www.expressvpn.com/blog/introducing-trustedserver/

I've tried ExpressVPN, NordVPN, VpyrVPN, HMA, PureVPN, Hotspot Shield, IP Vanish, CyberGhost.. and maybe more, all in a period of 15 days, all of these have better routing to Servers than my ISP. I found Express VPN to be the best, I dint see any rise in ping whatsoever, also the speed were 90% of my ISP speed. 

Nord VPN was good as well, but I saw a 10-15 ms increase in ping, and the connection was unstable. 

On 8/31/2019 at 3:31 PM, philsabraham said:

There is no VPN service that gives you a 2 or 3 months trial

i know, 2 or 3 monthly trials was meaning 2 or 3 companies monthly trial to see how things go

On 9/1/2019 at 6:51 PM, dpk_ydv said:

I've tried ExpressVPN, NordVPN, VpyrVPN, HMA, PureVPN, Hotspot Shield, IP Vanish, CyberGhost.. and maybe more, all in a period of 15 days, all of these have better routing to Servers than my ISP. I found Express VPN to be the best, I dint see any rise in ping whatsoever, also the speed were 90% of my ISP speed. 

Nord VPN was good as well, but I saw a 10-15 ms increase in ping, and the connection was unstable. 

i tried Vyper and the speeds/ping to european EA servers were terrible.  Not what i was looking for from "the fastest" vpn. I need to get on and try a couple more

Be aware of 'Virtual servers', example a VPN provider would say they have a server in example Vienna. But the actual server would be located in New York and you would only get the IP address for Vienna. these would naturally result in miserable pings

Are you looking for a free VPN provider? If yes, you can try with ZenMate. This is a good one. You'll get a one-month free trial.