New XR700 Firmware Version v1.0.1.8

• Administrators
17 hours ago, murdamatt410 said:

Since I installed the sfp module everything has been running smoothly. I was wondering does netgear do like beta signups for firmware and such. I see people saying they beta tested the unit. Was just curious how how to get involved in the process.

Great to hear that! They don't usually do betas for individual firmware versions but you can sign up here for their beta programs: https://www.beta.netgear.com/welcome/

I couldn't get the LAN drops to stop on the XR700, but the WAN was stable. I kept the XR500 up since then no issues, but I'm gonna be playing with a ground up network build for myself with Ubiquiti gear (edgerouter, edgeswitch, unifi ac pro) and see how it compares to consumer all-in-one equipment. Hope the XR700 Wan issue gets fixed soon, keep up the good work Staff.👍

Yeah I am definitely dealing with those WAN drops as we speak. They come in two to three second bursts. And honestly you don’t really know they are happening unless your view the log or some streams will buffer every so often. I hope they figure it out as well. I can say this there are no drops with 1.0.0.20.  

Hi. First post here🙂...Ran into this thread while trying to find an answer to exact same issue I’m having since I switched from XR500 to XR700. While playing an online game my internet disconnects and I get a loss. I’m glad someone found a work around but I’d rather download an official fix from Netgear very soon. 

Any news on that as to when the fix will come out?

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum Kyle!

If it just a disconnect from the game or internet? No word yet, I know they're working on it though so we'll update you when we know more.

Thanks Fraser. It doesn’t completely disconnect I don’t think but the game becomes so laggy(4-5 seconds of delay) then it kicks me out back to the room. It’s almost like the internet starts choking then it snaps and comes back on very quickly  not sure how else to describe it. I believe WiFi still works during when this happens.

I haven’t even played around with Traffic Prioritization. 

Edit: I know you asked me before. I just remembered that my internet actually went down altogether a few times while I’m playing my game before. Lost connection to the server etc. Not always but it has happened.