New XR700 Firmware Version v1.0.1.8

1 minute ago, six4bravo said:

nothing, you insert the adapter into the XR700 and plug your ethernet cable from the modem into the new SFP WAN, then boot up your modem, then boot up the XR700, its all setup for you. AND NO MORE WAN DROPS.

Ok so reboot both modem and router. Thanks. 

It might not even be necessary to reboot honestly because SFP adapters are hot-swappable meaning swap in/out while powered on, but i did a reboot anyway. You may also check under internet setup tab that 10GLAN SFP+ is selected and not Internet port. I left SFP+ module detection on auto.

If I would've known this was a fix for the WAN drops, and I get an extra LAN port from it, I would've done this MUCH sooner. Thank you to @Micbot for finding this.

The SFP I used, as linked earlier in this thread, this is a 1Gbps SFP for $20.99, not a 10Gbps SFP+ which is around $200:

10Gtek for Netgear AGM734-10000S, 1000Base-T Copper SFP Transceiver, 100m, RJ45 Connector

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FRQJ1Y2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

52 minutes ago, six4bravo said:

It might not even be necessary to reboot honestly because SFP adapters are hot-swappable meaning swap in/out while powered on, but i did a reboot anyway.

If I would've known this was a fix for the WAN drops, and I get an extra LAN port from it, I would've done this MUCH sooner. Thank you to @Micbot for finding this.

The SFP I used, as linked earlier in this thread, this is a 1Gbps SFP for $20.99, not a 10Gbps SFP+ which is around $200:

10Gtek for Netgear AGM734-10000S, 1000Base-T Copper SFP Transceiver, 100m, RJ45 Connector

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FRQJ1Y2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I couldn’t get it to work. Do I plug it into the SFP port of the router?

Yup, plug the SFP module into the SFP port on the back of the XR700 next to the old WAN port. MY SFP port had a rubber plug inserted into it from Netgear, remove this and insert the module.

SFP port is located next to the ON/OFF button

Image result for sfp port xr700

insert module:

Image result for sfp port install

See the first picture I took My Internet never switched But my light on the Xr700. 10gbps  blinking  Telling me Its connected and I have Axm765 -10000s 10g base-t sft + And the shit It’s expensive

1 hour ago, Alex49H said:

I did but it didn't work.

I'm sorry dude, I'm not ignoring you I'm just not sure how to help you.🍻

Side note, the LAN disconnects I was getting with the XR700 have continued to do so every couple hours without a mention in the log.>Now trying my XR500 with the same switch behind it to see if the switch is the issue.

34 minutes ago, six4bravo said:

I'm sorry dude, I'm not ignoring you I'm just not sure how to help you.🍻

Side note, the LAN disconnects I was getting with the XR700 have continued to do so every couple hours without a mention in the log.>Now trying my XR500 with the same switch behind it to see if the switch is the issue.

No worries, I will figure it out somehow or just return the module.

I am new to this forum but I was one of the beta testers of the unit. The firmware V1.0.1.8 was applied to the router after the update was completed router was rebooted with in 15 minutes of updating to this firmware I started to have disconnects on wired network. So I rebooted both the modem and router to fix the issue after about 2 minutes after completing the reboot the problem was once again back. I went back to the older firmware V1.0.1.2 the disconnects went away.

• Administrators
On 1/19/2019 at 4:40 AM, Xalint1 said:

I am new to this forum but I was one of the beta testers of the unit. The firmware V1.0.1.8 was applied to the router after the update was completed router was rebooted with in 15 minutes of updating to this firmware I started to have disconnects on wired network. So I rebooted both the modem and router to fix the issue after about 2 minutes after completing the reboot the problem was once again back. I went back to the older firmware V1.0.1.2 the disconnects went away.

Could you let us know if they continue to stay away please? Any info we ca give Netgear to help them is very helpful.  Thanks. 

I am have no problems at all with the V1.0.1.2 its been almost 2 days and there are 4 people using the internet 2 gaming and 2 streaming video and Arlo cam. It's was just that firmware V1.0.1.8, I am actual surprised that it wasn't caught before releasing it. I know it has to be really hard to try to accommodate everyone different hardware. My cable modem is Netgear cm600 on the Xfinity(aka Comcast) network. They do play nice together nothing out of the ordinary.

On 1/17/2019 at 5:47 PM, six4bravo said:

It might not even be necessary to reboot honestly because SFP adapters are hot-swappable meaning swap in/out while powered on, but i did a reboot anyway. You may also check under internet setup tab that 10GLAN SFP+ is selected and not Internet port. I left SFP+ module detection on auto.

Worked for me, no more drop. Thanks  

5 hours ago, altsai said:

did you ever try to enforce the module to work as DAC mode? (you know some old SFP modules do not support EEPROM)

I did my work But I bought expensive on Cost me $250