New XR700 Firmware Version v1.0.1.8

• Administrators

Please download the upgrade file here: https://kb.netgear.com/en_US/000060499/

This contains all features in DumaOS Milestone 1.3 including:

• Ping Assist
  • Advanced Ping Stats
  • Hybrid VPN Improvements
  • Theme support

To setup Ping Assist optimally, see this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

To setup Hybrid VPN optimally, see this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087492--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-hybrid-vpn

If you have any ideas or feedback for future DumaOS Milestones, let us know in our subforum here: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/9-feature-ideas-improvements-for-dumaos/

We hope you enjoy using this new firmware 😊

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Andyj986 said:

Any ideas on where we can obtain themes from for the new support? Or is this still in development? :)

Still in Dev! But the support is there now for us to roll it out 

1 hour ago, PharmDawgg said:

I never saw it on mine. I’m on cable. 

I'm on Fiber. 

Netgear actually wanted me to participate and use a Beta firmware for the issue, but I didn't have time to try it before my return period ran out.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, FQs19 said:

I'm on Fiber. 

Netgear actually wanted me to participate and use a Beta firmware for the issue, but I didn't have time to try it before my return period ran out.

It contains a bunch of fixes, including one known disconnection issue in the older firmware. So this may have solved your WAN disconnection problem (only one way to find out of course...)

4 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

It contains a bunch of fixes, including one known disconnection issue in the older firmware. So this may have solved your WAN disconnection problem (only one way to find out of course...)

Thanks for the info. 

I'll definitely buy it again, but I'm waiting to see if Netgear announces an AX wifi model this year with updated hardware. 

I Just updated to v1.0.1.8 and the Wan disconnection is still happening. I started to battlefield 5 and notice lag spikes as I was playing, so I went to check the WAN port up time and this is what I saw....  http://forum.netduma.com/topic/27664-xr700-wan-port-disconnection/?tab=comments#comment-205421

Capture 5.0.PNG

Capture 6.0.PNG

That’s disappointing, my xr700 from the Netgear beta also suffers from the same wan disconnects still also.

im starting to think it’s a hardware issue bc it started happening right after the beta ended, and not before that, with the firmware unchanged.

Guest Killhippie
12 hours ago, FQs19 said:

Thanks for the info. 

I'll definitely buy it again, but I'm waiting to see if Netgear announces an AX wifi model this year with updated hardware. 

AX is not finalised till November 2019. Right now all AX routers are from draft 3. I would say 2020 would be a god time to buy as the silicon out now may not be fully compatible with the final draft. Just to point out that AC took seven drafts so it could be a long process (or a fast one of course) and I have not seen the details of Novembers draft meetings released yet either. AX is really in early days, WPA3 would be a great update though if possible, and HT160 which AX routers can use the R7800 (not a DumaOS router but a great performer with Streamboost) and XR500/XR700 can as well. I would hold back untill routers are released with silicon based on the final Draft, as AX clients are thin on the ground and wifi 6 routers wont do much to improve AC networks anyway. :)

I can't believe after this amount of time that Netgear hasn't fixed the WAN disconnects. How is this not a priority??

It's like Netgear has no coders since the only things they fixed or added were on the DumaOS side. 

I didn't think AX routers were that far off. I thought maybe Fall 2019 at the earliest, but not 2020. Oh well.

If the XR700 didn't still have the same issues, I'd try it again, but at $500 with the same issues, No Thanks. 

I'm not even using the R1 either, because it cuts my bandwidth from 1000/1000 to 140/150 with QoS on. I also can't put it behind my Asus router cause then I'm 'double NAT'd'. 

The struggle to deal with BO4 lag compensation is real.

• Administrators

@Micbot

@six4bravo

Would either of you be happy to liaise directly with Netgear? They’re keen to work with anyone experiencing disconnects to find a permanent solution. If so, we will share your email address with them. 

Wan And LAN continually disconnect for me. For the amount of money paid for this router this is crazy to have this problem. It has to have something to do with hybrid vpn. Cause if i downgrade back to the firmware where hybrid vpn was introduced It does not happen. 

• Administrators

There have been many other changes beyond just Hybrid VPN. I'm not ruling it out, but just letting you know it's not necessarily the cause.

@Micbot - thank you. We will share this with NETGEAR

It's extremely upsetting hearing that the disconnects haven't stopped with this new firmware. I waited months for a new firmware, trying to give Netgear the benefit of the doubt, but it seems like I'll be stuck on 1.0.0.20 forever.

• Administrators

Sorry to hear that phil, the Netgear team are still investigating. I know it's a priority for them to get this resolved so hopefully once they've got some more debug information from users such as Micbot they can identify the issue

Guest Killhippie
On 1/8/2019 at 11:30 AM, FQs19 said:

I can't believe after this amount of time that Netgear hasn't fixed the WAN disconnects. How is this not a priority??

It's like Netgear has no coders since the only things they fixed or added were on the DumaOS side. 

I didn't think AX routers were that far off. I thought maybe Fall 2019 at the earliest, but not 2020. Oh well.

If the XR700 didn't still have the same issues, I'd try it again, but at $500 with the same issues, No Thanks. 

I'm not even using the R1 either, because it cuts my bandwidth from 1000/1000 to 140/150 with QoS on. I also can't put it behind my Asus router cause then I'm 'double NAT'd'. 

The struggle to deal with BO4 lag compensation is real.

AX routers based on draft 3 are out but that’s an early draft of AX there is no rush as it  really doesn’t affect AC networks, personally I would rather have an AX router based on the final release as there may as always be compatibility issues with today’s AX silicon and the final release which means your router may not be able to have all of the final function or tweaks. Like 802ac then wave 2  came along which was final draft. Buying an AX router now doesn’t guarantee full compatibility and without clients it doesn’t make your network faster for the price being asked for beta hardware. Now when you have mostly AX clients and the final draft then it will be a great upgrade.   

Guest Killhippie
On 1/9/2019 at 6:13 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear that phil, the Netgear team are still investigating. I know it's a priority for them to get this resolved so hopefully once they've got some more debug information from users such as Micbot they can identify the issue

It’s a R9000 with DumaOS added.  Netgears code has been out since 2016 for the R9000, how long can it take. 

55 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

AX routers based on draft 3 are out but that’s an ear,t draft of AX there is no rush as it  really doesn’t affect AC networks, personally I would rather have an AX router based on the final release as there may as always be compatibility issues with today’s AX silicon and the final release which means your router may not be able to have all of the final function or tweaks. Like 802ac then wave 2  came along which was final draft. Buying an AX router now doesn’t guarantee full compatibility and without clients it doesn’t make your network faster for the price being asked for beta hardware. Now when you have mostly AX clients and the final draft then it will be a great upgrade.   

I agree with waiting for the final AX release. I'm tired of dealing with companies releasing hardware that meet only half of a certain spec like they're starting to do with HDMI 2.1. There are manufacturers that are making tvs with EARC, but not HDMI 2.1 that includes high frame rate, 48gb bandwidth, VRR (variable refresh rate), and 8k. 

Give me all of HDMI 2.1 or nothing from it. 

I purchased a 4k hdr projector in 2016 thinking it would meet all of HDMI 2.0b, but it didn't. It wasn't capable of 18gb bandwidth. The fine print was so small that I didn't see that mentioned in the specs besides a little * next to the resolution of 4k@60fps. I just saw 4k@60fps and thought excellent.

Silly me.