FIFA Server Locations

Mackam

On 12/26/2018 at 7:31 PM, Mackam said:

Hello is there any plans to sort the FIFA server locations out, is it even possible? Had the R1 for a long time now and the server location was always wrong for what I suspect are UK/Close EU servers (15ms ping approx) but are shown as West Coast America. There was a long list of server id's posted by myself and others but they never got updated. From the ID are you able to find where is really is or is that not possible?

I know I can just use Ping Assist and have to for FIFA but they have been like this for the whole time I have had R1 (all for FIFA 18 and now FIFA 19 so far which is well over a year). You get odd one in Germany showing up but EVERY single one of my quicker hosts is West Coast America. Connection is a massive sore point in FIFA community and if we could find a way with DumaOs to make it a lot better it would make it very popular in that community. 

Example below and few ID's of others 

7d9f632e3c1c9499

c755b07bf266bec3

7d9f5f2a3c1c9499

See below Whiote dot in UK is a general EA connection point which comes and goes even outside match making but the Trianlge in West Coast America is the game server, it also says Peer not sure why as its Dedicated for FUT Champs and Rivals now so think thats also wrong, the Allow Deny list all the Peer are FUT Champs servers so dedicated the one that says Dedicated is the UK General server, that make sense?

Server.thumb.png.c8a87ac16680f847398f575761e9fc4e.png

See below the 

We are currently looking into this issue but for now you should be able to get great games by setting your ping assist filter to  < 40ms.

On 3/13/2019 at 5:09 PM, Mackam said:

You would think so but it really doesnt, gameplay a lot of the time feels so delayed its not playable its so frustrating. Could just be a EA server thing I dont know but end result is game you cant play as its too delayed. 

I think ea figured out how to manipulate ping by connecting you to one server and then bouncing you to another no other explenation .

One server per form will take ages, below are a list of all the ones I have saved but there are a lot more than that as I stopped saving them. If these could be located it would help as start as they are all showing west coast america. 

7d9f56213c1c9499

7d9f531e3c1c9499

7d9f5b263c1c9499

7d9f5a253c1c9499

7d9fdea93c4c9499

7d9f5c273c1c9499

855e6b1f267bec3

7d9f541f3c1c9499

7d9f5e293c1c9499

7d9f66313c1c9499

7d9f5f2a3c1c9499

7d9f602b3c1c9499

aa555e29f249bec3

7d9f58233c1c9499

7d9f65303c1c9499

7d9f622d3c1c9499

I dont mind making a list and helping as I really want Duma to work for FIFA but one server ID per form isnt gonna happen as FIFA has hundreds (if not more) it will take hours and hours.

Out of interest how do you locate them?  Do you have capability to locate them?

My concern from the form is you are asking me where I live then ping speed and where I think the server is. It looks like from this you guess location? Is the server ID not enough then you trace it and you tell me as the customer where it is?

For me any Ping under 20ms on FIFA shows America ( I am UK), there are couple that show in Europe as a Amazon Server which is usually 30+ms. All the low ping however show as America West to Middle .

• Administrators

I've passed the feedback on so hopefully it'll be amended to allow more IDs.

We don't guess the location but sometimes when we try to locate it the information is outdated as their IP database is out of date so by asking you we're double checking what you're seeing. If there is an inconsistency we go with the user information.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
20 hours ago, Mackam said:

Any news on FIFA server locations? I gave a load on the form but none have been updated

I'm not sure, I will ask Joseph for an update on this and get back to you.

Thanks I have dropped the ping search criteria any trying to use location and the performance is much better, I think EA must use a local server to connect to game server or something like that. So location on the secondary server is more critical. I think the connection to initial server is what your ping assist reads. I could be wrong but game performance miles better like this. So the ping values I sent I wouldnt use just the server ID. 

It could be the servers are in right place and are in America but come up with a low ping as it pings UK server first?

• Administrators

That's great to here, thanks for the update! It's hard to say, generally it should show the end point IP for the server, it's unlikely to show an IP along that route.That's something we can look into ping assist vs radius.

• 3 weeks later...

Have done several times no change........... as I said server could actually be in US but EA local server ping in UK before redirection maybe cause of fooling Duma OS. Don't just relocate on server ping maybe need to actually locate it for it to work right. 

When you put something in the mislocated form, it's doesn't update the cloud instantly. It will only be updated when we update the cloud from our end. Usually monthly.

We're going to do a cloud update this week so all of the mislocated servers should hopefully be fixed.

5 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

When you put something in the mislocated form, it's doesn't update the cloud instantly. It will only be updated when we update the cloud from our end. Usually monthly.

We're going to do a cloud update this week so all of the mislocated servers should hopefully be fixed.

I know that as I said I have reported servers over a year ago and still no change, I have never seen any FIFA ones move. I also am not convinced they arent right as some I ping traced and it said US location but ping on DUMA OS says 15 - 17 ms, I think its more the DUMA OS software that doesnt work with the way EA match makes on FIFA

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
On 8/2/2019 at 8:35 PM, Mackam said:

Did they ever get sorted? I havent seen any improvement and its been 5 months and about 2 years since I raised it when I got Net Duma. 

Sorry for the inconvenience, I haven't heard anything but I will ask for an update.

• 2 weeks later...