Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Please post here if you own the XR700 so we can support and follow each other. Also be sure to post as soon as the new Milestone 1.3 update goes live so that there could be one thread for any issues the new firmware may have on the XR700 when it releases hopefully soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wanted it, but I bought the XR500, if there was a way to do a trade in value thing for the XR700 I would have definitely taken it. I really really really want it :(

 

I don't know a good place to sell it for cash either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the XR700, coming from a D'link cobra modem/router I can say that the netgear is miles ahead! It's like comparing windows 3.1 to windows 10. There are a few bugs for sure but I think with the netduma os and the raw power of the router there is heaps of potential. Lets just hope they continue development and support for this. Personally I'd love to different themes for the UI. The red is a bit much for my eyes. Something clean like the ubiquiti ui or the https://advancedtomato.com/ ui.

Not sure how the R-apps work, but it would be cool for there to be an api for users to create custom apps for the router. Would love to see a ping plotter like feature to track your ping while playing a game.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tai N said:

I really wanted it, but I bought the XR500, if there was a way to do a trade in value thing for the XR700 I would have definitely taken it. I really really really want it :(

 

I don't know a good place to sell it for cash either

What do you need the XR700 for that the XR500 does not have, that's what you need to ask yourself. If you need the Plex server fair enough, if you need a 10 Gigabit LAN SFP+ Port fair enough, if not then the XR500 is just fine as gaming uses hardly any bandwidth.  Also using a 4K OLED TV with Dolby vision, iPad, iMac, Sony soundbar, Sky Q, iPhone Xs and a B&W Zeppelin Wireless speaker, PS4-Pro, wireless printer and a Synology NAS to name a few of 20 or so devices I have  I've yet to max out the CPU on my XR500. Big numbers look tempting and its a good router but be aware it is 2016 hardware as is the XR500, so that's a lot of money for what's approaching 3 year old hardware, also its not future proofing yourself (you cant future proof yourself with any hardware really) especially with a whole new Wi-Fi spec coming in 2019, and WPA3 as well for better security all running 64-bit SoC's.

 You have a XR500 which is a good router, as I said think why you want to update it. You may be better off waiting for DumaOS on a AX (Wi-Fi 6) router otherwise in less than a year you will be buying yet another router and that's a lot of cash to spend to have the latest and greatest and within a few months something better will probably come out yet again. You cant keep up, tech is always on the move and buyers remorse can get expensive,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, roguex said:

I have the XR700, coming from a D'link cobra modem/router I can say that the netgear is miles ahead! It's like comparing windows 3.1 to windows 10. There are a few bugs for sure but I think with the netduma os and the raw power of the router there is heaps of potential. Lets just hope they continue development and support for this. Personally I'd love to different themes for the UI. The red is a bit much for my eyes. Something clean like the ubiquiti ui or the https://advancedtomato.com/ ui.

Not sure how the R-apps work, but it would be cool for there to be an api for users to create custom apps for the router. Would love to see a ping plotter like feature to track your ping while playing a game.

 

 

Thanks for all the feedback. We’re looking into new themes. Are you already using the ping graph on the Geo-Filter? It shows your ping to the server plus other things like host tick rate and receive rate etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 9:32 AM, Netduma Admin said:

Thanks for all the feedback. We’re looking into new themes. Are you already using the ping graph on the Geo-Filter? It shows your ping to the server plus other things like host tick rate and receive rate etc. 

the XR500 does this with the .40 update, the XR700 owners are still awaiting the update for advanced ping stats, ping assist etcetera, unless i missed something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Six7 Tango said:

the XR500 does this with the .40 update, the XR700 owners are still awaiting the update for advanced ping stats, ping assist etcetera, unless i missed something?

You’re right - will be in the next update. 

Merry Christmas by the way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2018 at 1:32 AM, Netduma Admin said:

Thanks for all the feedback. We’re looking into new themes. Are you already using the ping graph on the Geo-Filter? It shows your ping to the server plus other things like host tick rate and receive rate etc. 

I play battlefield 5 on pc and the ping graph never shows anything for me.

edit: I selected the battlefield profile in the geo filter and it now shows it. But I can't see how useful it would be with it saving the results. Also ping plotter is more useful as it shows each hop and dropped packets etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 9:32 AM, Netduma Admin said:

Thanks for all the feedback. We’re looking into new themes. Are you already using the ping graph on the Geo-Filter? It shows your ping to the server plus other things like host tick rate and receive rate etc. 

About the themes, you could let your user-base create their own themes with some sort of API of some sort, and with time add them to a full firmware release for others to use, surely there's people out there itching to make their own designs :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, iPollox said:

About the themes, you could let your user-base create their own themes with some sort of API of some sort, and with time add them to a full firmware release for others to use, surely there's people out there itching to make their own designs :)

This will probably be one of our ultimate goals but will take some time, theres lots of other things we want to achieve first!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...