Firmware for netduma r1

starlord2687

Hi again Jack, sorry to bother you again. Today I set  my location circle to as small as I could and placed it where it says in the  middle of ocean and I put ping assist to 32 and tried it first just like that and second with strict mode on. I tried this over and over again and everytime i rebooted my game after settings were changed, and still people are joining me that have ping over 160-200. The ping assist just doesn't seem to work. Could it be that the firmware needs installing again? As I bought this off someone, he said he sold it because after a black ops update it didn't work for him anymore.  Even when I set a 500 mile radius with strict mode or without strict mode and with ping  assist people are still connecting with very high ping. 

2 hours ago, starlord2687 said:

Hi again Jack, sorry to bother you again. Today I set  my location circle to as small as I could and placed it where it says in the  middle of ocean and I put ping assist to 32 and tried it first just like that and second with strict mode on. I tried this over and over again and everytime i rebooted my game after settings were changed, and still people are joining me that have ping over 160-200. The ping assist just doesn't seem to work. Could it be that the firmware needs installing again? As I bought this off someone, he said he sold it because after a black ops update it didn't work for him anymore.  Even when I set a 500 mile radius with strict mode or without strict mode and with ping  assist people are still connecting with very high ping. 

Is your ping to the server within your ping assist range?

The geofilter can’t block other players connecting to the server that you are playing on I often see US players in my UK lobbies but that is down to the game. Ping assist ensures that you connect to a server within the set range.

Hi frazer, oh so the ping assist is only for the server you connect to or the host, it's not for every players. Lol I thought that if I set my ping assist to 32 then player over that wouldn't be able get through. But I see thinking about it fuh I'm so silly 😋 haha I realise yeha of course I can't stop them from connecting to the host or server I've connected to. I guess to have a really good game everyone would have to have a netduma. The real problem we all have in uncharted 4 is people lagging so bad or the actual lag switchers. Like the one last night so bad ya could actully see him on cinema mode lag switching every time he came in contact with an enemy. I think there isn't a way to tackle the LaG switchers but is there a way to tackle the players with really bad ping that gives them the advantage over the game, I really need a way to be able to have fair games, as the last year and half has been ridiculous I mena every single game is like it, only 3 genuine games ive had in a year and a half. I'm an honest gamer so I need a solution that isn't going to get me banned. As I know some have resulted into using other things just to level the fairness. But they have been banned. However this is a router and not anything illigal so could my settings get me banned if there was some way to make my ping vey high? After all its technically not a lag switch its a router. Just want a fair level playing ground. Where we are all equal., if there isn't a way I may have to just change games. 😢

• Administrators

It's only for the host not for players. Is Uncharted P2P then? If it's a P2P game then you can deny the laggy players and you shouldn't be connected to them ever again. The router won't get you banned at all! You could try forcing games further away to increase your ping if you wanted.

hi again frazer, i think i found a dedicated server that a lot of people connect to for uncharted 4 i dont know if its any good info but ill send the  two screeen shots of where it is and the info from it when i clicked on it. i dont know if it helps with anything but i dont know so ill send the two screen shots just incase it does help in any way.

Screenshot (20).png

Yeah I'm able to get games, but not many people in my region play uncharted 4 it seems. Most are connecting from all over the world and there ping is so bad, it gives all them the advantage and makes them very fast to us and impossible to shoot its crazy. Wish there was a way to combat that. 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, starlord2687 said:

Yeah I'm able to get games, but not many people in my region play uncharted 4 it seems. Most are connecting from all over the world and there ping is so bad, it gives all them the advantage and makes them very fast to us and impossible to shoot its crazy. Wish there was a way to combat that. 

Unfortunately that's a consequence of a much lower player pool. In a newer game you would see better results because the player pool is much larger.

Any other good games you can suggest? I have this set up, so I can use other controllers, so can play games that are best played with a mouse. and now the netduma added of course :) gonna go for the two matching screen set up soon, this is 27inch monitor but I thought of I get two curved 27 inch monitors then that a whopping 54 inch curved :) beats paying like £800 or more. Then again I might go for a gaming pc, better games on pc ah? 

Screenshot_20181217-144439.png

Screenshot_20181217-144514.png

Screenshot_20181217-144421.png

• Administrators

Nice setup! I guess just play the games you enjoy! Obviously a lot of people on this forum are enjoying Black Ops 4, so might be worth checking that out if you haven't already.