Factory reset R1 and now can't access the control panel

nuwco

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, nuwco said:

When I went back to the original R1 firmware it wouldn't accept the interface login details (admin || password). So I factory reset and it put me back on DumaOS and it now allows me to sign into the interface using the login details (admin || password). Thanks 

Thanks for letting us know - we think the issue is to do with caching. There shouldn't be any other issues now that you've reset it. :)

21 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi Jay,

What happens if you search on wifi now? Can you see the Netduma R1 being broadcasted?

Could you also do this please:

1. Connect an Ethernet cable into port 4 on your Netduma R1 and connect into your PC or laptop
  2. Open the Start Menu
  3. Type in cmd
  4. Click on the Command Prompt screen that appears
  5. Type ipconfig into Command Prompt and press enter
  6. Take a screenshot and save it
  7. Post the screenshot on this forum

You should hopefully be seeing 192.168.88.1 as the default gateway. If it is, please try one more time accessing it by typing that into your address bar on a browser like Chrome or Firefox.

Hi,

There's no R1 wifi available. 

I'm running Mac so here's what comes out when ifconfig -a

-Jay

• Administrators

Do you have another computer you can wire into your R1?

Did you say the R1 was working when the TP Link was connected to it in AP mode? i.e. could you access the user interface then?

Are the green/yellow LEDs flashing on the R1 when it's powered on? (Don't worry that the WiFI light is not one, that's never worked).

Thanks

2 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Do you have another computer you can wire into your R1?

Did you say the R1 was working when the TP Link was connected to it in AP mode? i.e. could you access the user interface then?

Are the green/yellow LEDs flashing on the R1 when it's powered on? (Don't worry that the WiFI light is not one, that's never worked).

Thanks

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : lan

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : 

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.88.123

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.88.1

Ok, took another computer (windows) to use. Here's the info.

R1 was working i.e. wifi network was on, meaning I could use it. Yes, TP was connected to R1 then as AP. I could enter at times the user interface window where it asked username an s/n. But it did not accept any passwords or anything. 

When powered there is only one light and that is PWR. ACT is of. Nothing is flashing.

• Administrators

Now the gateway is correct, when you access 192.168.88.1 do you still get prompted for the username / password and admin / password doesn't work? If you then clear cache/cookies and try same details does it work? Also if you try accessing from a different browser with the same details does it log you in?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 10:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Now the gateway is correct, when you access 192.168.88.1 do you still get prompted for the username / password and admin / password doesn't work? If you then clear cache/cookies and try same details does it work? Also if you try accessing from a different browser with the same details does it log you in?

Hi, 

Been away for a while and reset R1 once again. Tried 192.168.88.1 and still didn't get prompted. Tried safari, firefox, chrome and opera and cleared cache/cookies on all of those. Nothing.

What next?

//Jay

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think the next step would be to email [email protected] with a link to this topic (from the start of your issue) and they'll see if they can do anything further

And seems like I got me an early Christmas gift cause I got in! Microsoft Edge was the answer. And it's dumaOS so my upgrade went thru.

Is there some specific settings that should be in order to get it to work properly?

/Jay

• Administrators
8 hours ago, JayKay said:

And seems like I got me an early Christmas gift cause I got in! Microsoft Edge was the answer. And it's dumaOS so my upgrade went thru.

Is there some specific settings that should be in order to get it to work properly?

/Jay

Thats great news!  No specific settings, basically the normal recommended settings as for previous firmware but if you have any questions do let us know

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 4:05 PM, Netduma Admin said:

Hi Jay,

What happens if you search on wifi now? Can you see the Netduma R1 being broadcasted?

Could you also do this please:

1. Connect an Ethernet cable into port 4 on your Netduma R1 and connect into your PC or laptop
  2. Open the Start Menu
  3. Type in cmd
  4. Click on the Command Prompt screen that appears
  5. Type ipconfig into Command Prompt and press enter
  6. Take a screenshot and save it
  7. Post the screenshot on this forum

You should hopefully be seeing 192.168.88.1 as the default gateway. If it is, please try one more time accessing it by typing that into your address bar on a browser like Chrome or Firefox.

I’m having the same issue. I can’t access the host filtering. Followed these steps, but for my DEFAULT GATEWAY: it’s blank. 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Jtheunknown said:

I’m having the same issue. I can’t access the host filtering. Followed these steps, but for my DEFAULT GATEWAY: it’s blank. 

Hi,

1. Were you on DumaOS or the original R1 firmware?
  2. Do you get Internet through the router?
  3. How are you connecting to it, wired or wireless?
  4. What message appears on your screen if you go to 192.168.88.1? 

I believe on the r1 firmware & no internet For settings I had wifi & dhcp disable to cancel double nat. It was working fine then last night it stop working, I couldn’t access the host filtering page. I tried the hard reset (pushing the button on the back) & nothing happened. I have it connected wired. 

5C3D5F13-615C-4EA9-B34B-16A3607C5BD6.jpeg

• Administrators

Hi Jt, if your default gateway is blank that usually indicates that it's not physically connected to the router properly.

Can you describe your physical setup please including which ports are connected to what etc.

• 1 year later...
On 20/12/2018 at 4:56, JayKay said:

¡Y parece que me dieron un regalo de Navidad temprano porque entré! Microsoft Edge fue la respuesta. Y es dumaOS, así que mi actualización fue exitosa.

¿Hay alguna configuración específica que debería ser para que funcione correctamente?

/Arrendajo

hola he leido todo el foro y me pasa exactamente lo mismo , como solucionaste el problema de entrar a la interfaz ??