Jump to content
Netduma Jack

Black Ops 4 - Getting P2P Only? Post Here!

Recommended Posts

Before I did the cloud update (about 20 mins before) my blackout lobbies were always 30 to 35 ping which is normal for me, always has been.   Now my blackout lobbies are 80 to 250 ping.  I'm normally understanding of shit goes wrong since I have no idea what's going on behind the product.  But now I'm a little upset seeing as blackout is my main game.

 

unknown.png?width=400&height=225

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the information guys, looks like we'll need to double check the cloud update. 

@Mike, the IP on that server do an IP lookup and see whether its where it should be, some locations may have changed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, thelasteleazar said:

i’m on PC, does this mean i can set my device as PC now instead of PS4? and select Call of Duty (PC) in geo-filter?

Can anyone answer this question?  Do we still need to set our PC as a PS4 or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused Mike, looks like you've got your Geo-Filter in Spectating Mode therefore getting games all over. 

57 minutes ago, wetmog said:

Can anyone answer this question?  Do we still need to set our PC as a PS4 or not?

I'd recommend so, as far as I am aware we haven't done any changes to the services just the cloud database.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

NEW UPDATE: our Cloud optimisation tool has just completed for Xbox and PC too now. It also has new improvements for PS4. These changes will automatically install on your router within the next 24 hours, but if you would like to force your Cloud to update, please do the following:

  1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  2. Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'
  4. Wait about 30 seconds - 45 second for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if you see a message that says '"Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this R-App" - this is just a default popup that appears when something is taking a while to complete on DumaOS. Just clear the message and wait another 30 seconds for the new Cloud to complete its installation in the background
  5. Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.
  6. Now restart Black Ops 4

Now play some games. The vast majority, if not all, servers will now be correctly located which should mean you consistently get dedicated servers again.

Don't worry if a server sometimes shows as a 'Peer' - there are still servers that we have not yet categorised as servers. This will be the next objective. If you want to know if you're on a server for sure, click the start menu within a game and click on the Network option. Near the bottom is an encrypted sequence of letters and numbers. If this ends in the letter e, it almost certainly means you are on a server.

On XBox One withe the R1. I've flushed the cloud several times morning to night. I still cannot get the usual dedicated servers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm confused Mike, looks like you've got your Geo-Filter in Spectating Mode therefore getting games all over. 

I think @mike10522 is playing Blackout, rather than regular multiplayer, so there's lots of people popping up.

I've no idea how Blackout fill lobbies but we've got to assume it's going to be all over the place to get 100(?) people in a lobby. I haven't done any testing with Blackout but I wouldn't think it would be a good idea to ever use the Geo filter for Blackout lobbies anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Ah - you need to allow that through. Easiest way to do this is to click 'Allow'. 

It's hard to read the ID though, could you copy and paste it in here the next time you see it?

here you go:

ccb9b580566b1d22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, Netduma Jack said:

Hi Duma Army! We've seen a few threads popping up recently where a few people are finding it difficult to connect to dedicated servers in Black Ops 4. This started for a few of you when the latest patch was released by Treyarch, but we'd like to figure out the best settings to combat the issue.

Could everyone experiencing this please give us the following information:

  1. Which console are you using?
  2. Which game mode are you trying to play?
  3. Which DumaOS powered router are you using?
  4. Where are you located (approximately)?
  5. Describe any problems you're having.
  6. If you have the Netduma R1, please try setting Ping Assist to 50ms and make sure Filtering Mode is enabled. Then, reboot your game. Does this fix your problem?

Thanks everyone - any info will go a long way in helping others. If you're able to connect perfectly okay to dedicated servers in Black Ops 4, feel free to let us know here.

UPDATE: Could EVERYONE in this thread please do the following:

  1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  2. Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'
  4. Wait about 30 seconds - 1 minute for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if it takes longer than this, just be patient
  5. Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.
  6. Now restart Black Ops 4

Now try and play some games and let us know if your experience changes.

I'm on the R1 with dumaOS and I still get the "taking too long blah blah try again later" pop up....so does this mean by me not being able to flush the cloud still I'm not getting any of the updated servers you guys have added?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm confused Mike, looks like you've got your Geo-Filter in Spectating Mode therefore getting games all over. 

I'd recommend so, as far as I am aware we haven't done any changes to the services just the cloud database.

I get regular dedicated servers. I have my geo set in the middle of ocean radius set 311 mi ping assist set 25ms. I always get dedi's and never p2p.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blackout is only Dedi, there's no p2p in blackout.  And yeah before I would always get 25-30 ping blackout matches,  Recently I'm lucky to get under 80, sometimes as high as 280.  

 

I'm still unable to get dedi on multiplayer on xbox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, purpleandgold33 said:

I get regular dedicated servers. I have my geo set in the middle of ocean radius set 311 mi ping assist set 25ms. I always get dedi's and never p2p.

Aren't you on PS4 though?

(the problem is on Xbox)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting dedicated servers but have to wait ages to get a game then it puts me in a half filled lobby and have to wait for others to join and I am on ps4 in UK downgraded to original firmware today and get games within a few seconds and ping in game is much lower as well so. All was great till the 1.09 update think I will stay on original firmware till it all gets sorted properly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, David824 said:

I'm on the R1 with dumaOS and I still get the "taking too long blah blah try again later" pop up....so does this mean by me not being able to flush the cloud still I'm not getting any of the updated servers you guys have added?

It will have applied, just wait 1 minute after you get that message and refresh the page. 

1 hour ago, mike10522 said:

Blackout is only Dedi, there's no p2p in blackout.  And yeah before I would always get 25-30 ping blackout matches,  Recently I'm lucky to get under 80, sometimes as high as 280.  

I'm still unable to get dedi on multiplayer on xbox

33 minutes ago, dav581005 said:

I am getting dedicated servers but have to wait ages to get a game then it puts me in a half filled lobby and have to wait for others to join and I am on ps4 in UK downgraded to original firmware today and get games within a few seconds and ping in game is much lower as well so. All was great till the 1.09 update think I will stay on original firmware till it all gets sorted properly 

We're looking into the cloud updates we've rolled out so will see if we can improve upon this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's almost like treyarch are actively trying to stop DumaOS users from playing. Before 1.08 all was good then they updated to 1.08 and DumaOS didn't work then you guys fixed it so treyarch update to 1.09 and it doesn't work again you guys are great and so is DumaOS but there is always an inherent risk when upgrading firmware and i feel i am pushing my luck upgrading and downgrading every time they update the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, dav581005 said:

It's almost like treyarch are actively trying to stop DumaOS users from playing. Before 1.08 all was good then they updated to 1.08 and DumaOS didn't work then you guys fixed it so treyarch update to 1.09 and it doesn't work again you guys are great and so is DumaOS but there is always an inherent risk when upgrading firmware and i feel i am pushing my luck upgrading and downgrading every time they update the game

That's not the case, we are too small time for them to do that. We're not taking any revenue away from them. They're likely optimising the network which will occassionally mean bringing on new servers. This has always been a likelihood but we've got quite lucky so far, just need some further optimisation and it'll be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's not the case, we are too small time for them to do that. We're not taking any revenue away from them. They're likely optimising the network which will occassionally mean bringing on new servers. This has always been a likelihood but we've got quite lucky so far, just need some further optimisation and it'll be fine.

I just want to note today I did get a dedi server, I haven't left it but when I do i'll see if I can get another.

 

unknown.png?width=704&height=397

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The update does not seem to have resolved the problem for my Xbox.

I shutdown Xbox One, ran FLUSH CLOUD, rebooted R1 without console added to geo-filter, booted Xbox One, then started BO4 and tried to join Core TDM, but I'm still only finding P2P lobbies. I repeated this a few times.

I haven't added xbox to geo-filter and still can't find any dedi games so not sure how the geo-filter cloud config could be the issue if I can't connect to dedi servers with geo-filter disabled. I have even reformatted Xbox and reinstalled BO4 just in case.

My Xbox Live and BO4 NAT are Open.

When I bypass the R1 and connect directly to internet router the games finds dedi games immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes we're investigating the cloud we pushed for Xbox as doesn't seem to have had the same success as it did for the PS4. It might be that the cloud is causing something behind the scenes which is why we're looking into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes we're investigating the cloud we pushed for Xbox as doesn't seem to have had the same success as it did for the PS4. It might be that the cloud is causing something behind the scenes which is why we're looking into it.

okay, when it will settle you can inform us.

thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how but the problem seems to have been fixed for my Xbox One X 😀

I am now joining Dedicated Server lobbies using R1 DumoOS with and without geo-filters enabled. I switched off and removed power from the internet modem, R1 router, and Xbox, left for 30 seconds, then powered everything up again and the problem was resolved. I have done the same thing many times over the last few days since the problems started. So not sure why it would make a difference this time unless either a BO4 server updated or R1 cloud update changed something in the background since I last tried to restart everything.

One thing I did notice is that all the servers I have joined so far are labelled as peers in the geo-filter auto-ping, so the server data is still not labelled correctly.

I will continue testing with other MP modes and blackout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...