Black Ops 4 - Getting P2P Only? Post Here!

Netduma Jack

6 minutes ago, xolhid said:

Nice try. I already did the research. If you are going to bluff false claims, then you should be ready to be called. There are no reports. You falsely claimed them. Links or goodbye.

I guess your copy of BOps4 must be a flawless one made from magic then since everyone else seems to have issues.

• Administrators

Okay settle down guys. Everyone is having different experiences. We are looking into reproducing it and we'll get back to you. Everyone please continue to provide your experience here if you're getting P2P over dedicated.

1. PC
  2. MP and Blackout
  3. R1
  4. Alberta, Canada
  5. Impossible to get a lobby. If I do (after wating 30+ minutes), it will put me in a lobby very far from my region, like with 200+ ping.
  6. No this does not fix my problem. The only thing that fixes my problem is joining my friend and have him search a game for us.

9 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I guess your copy of BOps4 must be a flawless one made from magic then since everyone else seems to have issues.

Everyone else isn't reporting issues that downgraded to the old firmware. This thread is filled with people who have done it and worked.

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ok régler les gars. Tout le monde a des expériences différentes. Nous étudions la possibilité de le reproduire et nous vous recontacterons. Continuez à partager votre expérience ici si tout le monde se consacre au P2P.

bonsoir , pour ce que j'ai pu lire nous avons quasiment tous les mêmes symptômes avec la nouvelle version logiciel . il est vrai que sans retour a l'ancienne version bo4 est injouable.

15 minutes ago, xolhid said:

Everyone else isn't reporting issues that downgraded to the old firmware. This thread is filled with people who have done it and worked.

ok just to set a record here, i’ve seen a couple of people from other threads reporting that even after downgrading to old firmware did not fix their problem. some of them downgraded then upgraded back and didnt fix it. some of them stayed downgraded and didnt fix it.

883A1E22-3656-417B-A92B-1FBA143BA8AA.png

Edited by thelasteleazar
added a screenshot from a previous thread

2 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

No... of course they don't... *sarcasm*

Theres this thing called the internet... you should have a nose on it sometime...

Its a dumaOS issue my man.  If someone is experiencing it on a basic router theres something in their setup that is not configured correct.  Its not even a discussion to be honest its the dumaOS,  ive played on the OS on the original firmware and all my boys are either on dumas or basic routers only ones with issues are OS users.  I downgraded and everything is fine now.  

Just to confirm I’ve downgraded and it has worked for me now as before it still felt a bit shitty, I tried bouncing around a couple of different games last night till I found one (server) that work really well then stuck with it... and was great. 

I think the key is to find a server that has a good feel to it and stick to it. You’ll know when you’ve found it...

1 hour ago, thelasteleazar said:

ok just to set a record here, i’ve seen a couple of people from other threads reporting that even after downgrading to old firmware did not fix their problem. some of them downgraded then upgraded back and didnt fix it. some of them stayed downgraded and didnt fix it.

883A1E22-3656-417B-A92B-1FBA143BA8AA.png

As above. 😂 

14 minutes ago, ugotstretched said:

Its a dumaOS issue my man.  If someone is experiencing it on a basic router theres something in their setup that is not configured correct.  Its not even a discussion to be honest its the dumaOS,  ive played on the OS on the original firmware and all my boys are either on dumas or basic routers only ones with issues are OS users.  I downgraded and everything is fine now.  

As I've already said... I am NOT a DumaOS user and yet have been getting alot of P2P lobbies.

My router configuration is perfect. I have been part of the Duma Army for a long time.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That indicates a game issue then as the router will not be impacting your games in anyway with the Geo-Filter off!

That was the point of my original post, the router should not be impacting my games in any way with the geo-filter off - but it is! Indicating a problem with the DumaOS!

I have proved that it is not a game issue by testing with R1 downgraded to original firmware and testing without R1, in both cases I always get a dedicated server game, I never get P2P games.

When I connect my xbox directly to my internet router or I downgrade the R1 to the original firmware I get dedicated server hosted games every time (I never get P2P games), as soon as I connect via the R1 with DumaOS I only get P2P games, even with all geo-filtering and qos disabled. I have tested many times with these configurations and the result is always the same.

The fact that there is still a problem when geo-filtering and qos is disabled indicates that something in the DumaOS not related to filtering is disrupting BO4 server network traffic. Without any geo-filtering or qos enabled the R1 switch should just pass all network packets without disruption - this does not seem to be the case which indicates a problem in DumaOS.

Im wanting to help out as much as i can on this matter!

So my findings so far for BO4 PS4 only!!.....i've been testing all last night and all morning with different setting in the DumaOS.....

DumaOS Versions 2.1.2.10 and 2.1.3.29 i can not connect to a Dedi server at all. its all peer to peer even if take off geo-filter, i get connection lost in lobbies i get into. Set ping assist to 50ms and still the same problem.

Now if i downgrade to Original software R1-v-1-03-6j i have been in Dedi Servers game play is how it should be and no problems. So i taken out the netduma and used the BT homehub 6 and get a mixe of both dedi and P2P games

My conclusion is that the Dumaos is causing some kind of blocking to the dedi servers as ive only been in P2P and how to tell if that when your in a game you don't have a "E" symbol at the end of the code in the top right hand corner you are in a P2P game lobby and that i keep getting host migration all the time. 

Original version my settings are hope this can help?

Capture.PNG

14 hours ago, xolhid said:

I've already reported that I downgraded to OG firmware 1.03.6 (because I had the P2P problem on DumaOS) and I had the same problem (all P2P) for several days on OG firmware too until I gave up testing a theory and went back to DumaOS.

Now I'm back on DumaOS (and I haven't changed any settings at all) I can reliably get my local 7ms dedicated server. If it ever takes a long time to find a lobby, rather than sit and wait for the inevitable P2P, I dashboard the game and then I get the dedis again straight away. I use very strict Geo filter parameters too, I cover the UK (so I don't block my friends) and I use Ping Assist at 12ms, I've only gotten a handful of P2P games recently out of hundreds of matches.

I don't know why, and I'm not disagreeing that something weird has been going lately, I'm just saying that this is not specifically a DumaOS issue.

14 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

Exactly and no doubt it's not only Duma users that are having issues with only getting P2P lobbies.

^ just backing up your point.

duma os I played 25 games yesterday of those 25 18 were p2p which took forever to find but this has been happening since launch of duma os. geo set in the atlantic ocean off the coast of new england. PA 50ms. anywhere from 45-100ms when in game. When reverting back to original j 20 games all dedi, same geo setting was  put on a server in Utah every game. Obviously mislocated server with ping anywhere from 13-26 

Ok guys so have bypassed the r1 and connected straight the homehub just for testing as I am unable to get a game on any servers with dumos or original firmware.

But through my testing I have found that if the ingame bandwidth is to low it puts me on p2p evertime.

By the way I am on adsl 2mbps 700kps up

The first video shows me getting p2p

The second video shows me connecting to London server after the change of bandwidth.

1. Which console are you using? Ps4 pro
  2. Which game mode are you trying to play? tdm / hc tdm
  3. Which DumaOS powered router are you using? R1
  4. Where are you located (approximately)? us west
  5. Describe any problems you're having. I am able to find dedicated servers using the old firmware, but as soon as i enable the geo filter for the first time on either duma os or the original R1 firmware i get nothing but p2p connections. When i reinstall either duma os with "preserve settings" not ticked, or the original r1 firmware and do not enable the geo filter i can find dedis again.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, progprogprog said:

Hi Fraser the test was straight to homehub using openwrt with sqm to change the bandwidth

Homehub 5 flashed with openwrt

Screenshot_20181201-174207_Chrome.jpg

If you allocate enough bandwidth on DumaOS do you still find your hypothesis to be true?