Black Ops 4 - Getting P2P Only? Post Here!

Netduma Jack

Hey guys was wondering if anyone has tried going from the original R1 firmware to the initial release DumaOS not the milestone 1.3 with ping assist? I seem to remember that it was pretty good then around the time 1.3 came out it went pairshaped...

might give Ive it a shot when I’m in front of the computer... I’ll report back unless it’s a no go in the meantime....

Just now, aka_boogo said:

Hey guys was wondering if anyone has tried going from the original R1 firmware to the initial release DumaOS not the milestone 1.3 with ping assist? I seem to remember that it was pretty good then around the time 1.3 came out it went pairshaped...

might give Ive it a shot when I’m in front of the computer... I’ll report back unless it’s a no go in the meantime....

BTW I do realise that blops4 had a few updates as well...

25 minutes ago, aka_boogo said:

I@ve used the DumaOs with Ping assist as Jack has mentioned above setting it 50ms and always getting P2P games so what a couple of people have done including me is we have gone back to the old R1 software without DUMAOS on it and ive played BO4 without any problems always on a Dedi server. 

6 minutes ago, flexingjohn said:

I@ve used the DumaOs with Ping assist as Jack has mentioned above setting it 50ms and always getting P2P games so what a couple of people have done including me is we have gone back to the old R1 software without DUMAOS on it and ive played BO4 without any problems always on a Dedi server. 

Yeah talking about the initial release of DumaOS. No ping assist like in milestone 1.3...

11 minutes ago, aka_boogo said:

Yeah talking about the initial release of DumaOS. No ping assist like in milestone 1.3...

i haven't tried it unfortunately as i don't have that version on my PC.  

1. Which console are you using? PC
  2. Which game mode are you trying to play? Multiplayer
  3. Which DumaOS powered router are you using? R1
  4. Where are you located (approximately)? Tasmania, Australia
  5. Describe any problems you're having. Searching in ANY game modes for up to 10 minutes, ocassionaly find 1-2 games a night with half empty lobbies.  Filter off or on makes no difference
  6. If you have the Netduma R1, please try setting Ping Assist to 50ms and make sure Filtering Mode is enabled. Then, reboot your game. Does this fix your problem? No

Xbox One X

Primeraly TDM but sometimes DOM if people play the actual objective.

XR500

Aberdeenshire, Scotland

Setting my GeoFilter over the UK and the North of France and it nearly always says I'm connecting to a Peer with Auto Ping on, I have had the occasional "Dedicated" appear but it's few and far between and I've just chalked it up to the Cloud issues.

I don't think there's much the Duma team can do right now other than working on the server cloud because every game I'm in says I'm running 21ms ping but there's loads of players in my games jittering about as if they're running at 10 frames a second but myself and my friends have watched each other and we're moving around smoothly.

An example of such lag:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/rabb/video/64600597

16 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Thanks for all the info guys. We think a lot of this may be driven by matchmaking changes from Treyarch e.g. adding new servers etc. But we're looking into everything we can do with our GEO IP database (the 'Cloud') to optimise filtering. 

We'll let you know more when we can - but rest assured looking into this is our number #1 priority right now.

There may have been some changes from Treyarch, but there is something obviously wrong with DumaOS if the game runs just fine on the old firmware.

19 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Merci pour toutes les informations les gars. Nous pensons que les modifications apportées par Treyarch, telles que l’ajout de nouveaux serveurs, etc., pourraient en partie le motiver. Cependant, nous examinons toutes les possibilités que nous pouvons utiliser avec notre base de données GEO IP (le «nuage») pour optimiser le filtrage. 

Nous vous en informerons dès que nous le pourrons - mais soyez assuré que c'est notre priorité numéro 1 en ce moment.

merci a toute l'équipe...

2 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Thanks for all the info guys. We think a lot of this may be driven by matchmaking changes from Treyarch e.g. adding new servers etc. But we're looking into everything we can do with our GEO IP database (the 'Cloud') to optimise filtering. 

We'll let you know more when we can - but rest assured looking into this is our number #1 priority right now.

The problem still persists with all geo-filtering disabled

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That indicates a game issue then as the router will not be impacting your games in anyway with the Geo-Filter off!

If it is a game issue, then why does the game work perfectly on the old firmware while it doesn't work at all on DumaOS? Can you guys please stop making stuff up and actually fix your software?

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As Admin said we're looking into everything, we're not ruling anything out. If the game updates and then doesn't work properly then something has happened 

Obviously something happened. We just don't appreciate the fact that there is an issue specifically with DumaOS not working with the game and you made a comment about how the game is the issue. Nobody denies the fact that something with the game changed, but if the issue is only effecting DumaOS and nobody else, then you have to take responsibility.

3 minutes ago, xolhid said:

Obviously something happened. We just don't appreciate the fact that there is an issue specifically with DumaOS not working with the game and you made a comment about how the game is the issue. Nobody denies the fact that something with the game changed, but if the issue is only effecting DumaOS and nobody else, then you have to take responsibility.

I am NOT using DumaOS and still getting mostly P2P matches it seems... thus its not a DumaOS issue.

9 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

I am NOT using DumaOS and still getting mostly P2P matches it seems... thus its not a DumaOS issue.

Those of us who reported the issue downgraded to the old firmware and the game is working perfectly with a properly configured router. We all tried upgrading afterwards and the issues returned. Downgraded again and it is working perfectly.

Either you are on DumaOS and don't know it or you haven't properly configured your router.

2 minutes ago, xolhid said:

Those of us who reported the issue downgraded to the old firmware and the game is working perfectly with a properly configured router. We all tried upgrading afterwards and the issues returned. Downgraded again and it is working perfectly.

Either you are on DumaOS and don't know it or you haven't properly configured your router.

LOL! Since I didn't sign up for DumaOS... I'm 100% sure I'm not using it (since I also own a XR500... I know what DumaOS looks like...) and I have been part of the Duma Army for almost 2 years so trust me... its configured properly.

3 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

LOL! Since I didn't sign up for DumaOS... I'm 100% sure I'm not using it (since I also own a XR500... I know what DumaOS looks like...) and I have been part of the Duma Army for almost 2 years so trust me... its configured properly.

It's not properly configured as those of us who downgraded aren't having the issue. 

Just now, N3CR0 said:

LOL. No, of course it isn't. Even non gaming router using folk have this issue so CLEARLY my Duma isn't configured properly...

Get a clue...

Link to the non gaming router reports. That's right because they don't exist.

3 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

No... of course they don't... *sarcasm*

Theres this thing called the internet... you should have a nose on it sometime...

Nice try. I already did the research. If you are going to bluff false claims, then you should be ready to be called. There are no reports. You falsely claimed them. Links or goodbye.