Black Ops 4 - Getting P2P Only? Post Here!

Netduma Jack

• Netduma Staff

Hi Duma Army! We've seen a few threads popping up recently where a few people are finding it difficult to connect to dedicated servers in Black Ops 4. This started for a few of you when the latest patch was released by Treyarch, but we'd like to figure out the best settings to combat the issue.

Could everyone experiencing this please give us the following information:

1. Which console are you using?
  2. Which game mode are you trying to play?
  3. Which DumaOS powered router are you using?
  4. Where are you located (approximately)?
  5. Describe any problems you're having.
  6. If you have the Netduma R1, please try setting Ping Assist to 50ms and make sure Filtering Mode is enabled. Then, reboot your game. Does this fix your problem?

Thanks everyone - any info will go a long way in helping others. If you're able to connect perfectly okay to dedicated servers in Black Ops 4, feel free to let us know here.

UPDATE: Could EVERYONE in this thread please do the following:

1. Go to your Geo-Filter
  2. Open the Geo-Filter Map Options (click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the panel)
  3. Click 'Flush Cloud'
  4. Wait about 30 seconds - 1 minute for the Flush to complete. Don't worry if it takes longer than this, just be patient
  5. Once complete, make sure you're happy with your other Geo-Filter settings e.g. home location, radius, Ping Assist on the R1 etc.
  6. Now restart Black Ops 4

Now try and play some games and let us know if your experience changes.

1. Xbox One X

2. TDM

3. R1

4. East Coast US, Philadelphia

5. On Duma OS 1.3 I could only get peer to peer. I downgraded to .j and have had no problem getting servers. Much smoother gameplay. P2P was horrendous. 

6. Tried. No change. I tried a lot of things all suggested by Netduma staff. I'm going to just stick with .j for a while now. I'm tired of beta testing. Sorry... I just want to play a few games to relax... 

A bit more info: this game played beautifully for me for the entire first month or so. I am normally a 1.5 kd guy. It's been a lot higher. A lot less wtf deaths. Of course, there is still the guy I could never kill who always had a one up connection on me, but it wasn't terrible. Then about 2-3 weeks ago when Treyarch starting patching and Duma OS was released everything fell to pieces. The game has been a disaster.

I can affirm though that it is better for me playing on the old Duma OS .j. Matches are still not as good as they were to begin with but they've been relatively solid. At first, this was the best COD I've ever experienced. Now with all the changes I'd say its comparable to BLOPs3. Good, but not great. Still very inconsistent. 

1. Which console are you using? Xbox One X
  2. Which game mode are you trying to play? Core TDM
  3. Which DumaOS powered router are you using? R1
  4. Where are you located (approximately)? Central London
  5. Describe any problems you're having. Only connecting to peer hosted games (No 'E' at end of lobby version number) after about 60 seconds of searching for a lobby, tested with geo-filtering disabled and enabled, with and without ping assist, in spectator mode and with console deleted from geo-filter list. If I downgrade the R1 to v1 OS I connect to server hosted games immediately.
  6. If you have the Netduma R1, please try setting Ping Assist to 50ms and make sure Filtering Mode is enabled. Then, reboot your game. Does this fix your problem? No

Answer to questions from previous locked thread.

Q1. Zennon "turn off your console, delete the console from the geo filter, reboot the console and check for the E in the top right code when in a lobby"

- tried but does not make any difference

Q2. Fraser "1. Downgrade to original R1 Firmware, 2. Upgrade to DumaOS with preserve settings DISABLED i.e. you do not want it to keep any of your settings into the upgrade"

- I switched off xbox, upgraded to DumaOS from original firmware with preserve settings disabled, left all DumaOS config in default state i.e. geo-filtering not enabled (I noticed that the R1 IP address was still the same value I had previously configured not the default 192.168.88.1 so some config must still be retained during the upgrade), started Xbox and BO4 and tried to join core TDM lobby, after 60 seconds joined P2P lobby, restarted game and tried joining Core TDM 5 times with same result, during one test the lobby version number had an 'E' appended for a few seconds indicating I had connected to a server then I was dropped back to the main menu without any error message.

35 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

1. PS4 Pro

2. Doesn't matter. All game modes

3. R1 with DumaOS

4. Omaha, Nebraska

5. With DumaOS I am unable to find any games as of the BO4 1.07 update. Any of the suggestions do not work except one. Downgrading to the old firmware and it works flawlessly. If I upgrade back to DumaOS with preserve settings unchecked and the issues return. Not going to upgrade to DumaOS until this issue is resolved.

6. Does not work. Only downgrading works.

PS4 pro

Team Deathmatch and domination

R1 with Dumaos

Utah

I tried to play last night and couldn't get a game for 10 minutes. Restarted PS4 opened up my geofilter to cover the entire US and could get only p2p's no dedis. I noticed there are a lot more servers/symbols popping up on the geo in and out of a game. I've loved the dumaos software so far. Haven't had any issues until last night.

Bonsoir et merci pour votre réactivité,

1. XBOX one.

2. modes hardcore.

3. netduma R1 gaming routeur.

4. normandie en france.

5. geo filter ne fonctionne pas, retour au menu principale après migration de l’hôte quasiment a chaques parties et beaucoups de latence.

6. Reglage du ping assist ne sert a rien.

1.Which console are you using? PS4 Pro

2.Which game mode are you trying to play? Core TDM

3.Which DumaOS powered router are you using? R1

4.Where are you located (approximately)? Duisburg, Germany

5.Describe any problems you're having. Since last patch of Black Ops4 only connecting to peer hosted games (No 'E' at end of lobby version number). Last few days I had

to search like 10 to 15 times till finding a Game. Until finding one getting Errors like "Lobby not joinable.." "Lobby to full..." and few times I found a Lobby, game seem to start

and in the character choose menu the counter freezes and nothing happens, other few times game starts and then after playing few seconds I get booted back to the search

for games menu with Error Message "Lobby not joinable...". Since 2 weeks maybe more, only using Spectating Mode cause Filtering Mode won´t find a game or if so Game is

Laggy and Shoot first Die first all the time.

I have not tested to downgrade to Old Firmware or first Duma Os Firmware... but it is getting really frustrated...Normally Treyarch Cod Games work pretty good for me, Infinity Ward

and Sledgehammer Cods never played smooth for me. Everytime I was shooting whole clips into Enemies just to get instamelted... at this time sometimes same evening after

a frustrating session of Infinite Warfare played Black Ops 3 and nice KDs and nice Gameplay. I do not understand that!! But i have sworn that I will never buy an Infinity Ward or Sledgehammer COD again. And now the frustration starts with Black Ops 4... 

6.If you have the Netduma R1, please try setting Ping Assist to 50ms and make sure Filtering Mode is enabled. Then, reboot your game. Does this fix your problem? No

1 hour ago, HaBlo0 said:
13 minutes ago, AnarchyAli said:

Downgraded from duma os can find a game no problem perfect dedicated servers. Will remail on original firmware until issue is fixed then upgrade back to duma os as just want to play cod without problems.

How come back we have the previous version?

50 minutes ago, AnarchyAli said:

Downgraded from duma os can find a game no problem perfect dedicated servers. Will remail on original firmware until issue is fixed then upgrade back to duma os as just want to play cod without problems.

I'm right here with you! Gaming has gotten to stupid stressful. It's supposed to be for fun. lol.

24 minutes ago, sebi972 said:

33 minutes ago, AnarchyAli said:
34 minutes ago, AnarchyAli said:

after reinstalling the old version I have a right to (404 Not Found The requested URL was not found) how can I access the control panel of my dumas os?