Netduma R1 setup

Jdennis1014

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, Jdennis1014 said:

But once I unplug the netduma and go back to the my xfinity router I find lobbies 

Not to use you as a case study or anything, but could you run a little test for us? Try this:

- Try to connect to a game using DumaOS on the R1, with NO devices added to the Geo-Filter. Make sure you have an open NAT.

- Repeat this 10 times (or 5 times if it's too much effort!) and write down how many times you could connect / how long it took / any relevant info like whether it was a server or a peer.

- Then, downgrade to the old firmware and repeat this test, with NO devices added to the Geo-Filter and an open NAT.

If that's too much to ask then don't worry - you've done more than enough by posting in my other thread! Still, it'd be super helpful - we're investigating Black Ops 4 to find the best solution as we speak :)

ok i have ran the test geo filter tuned off on the new firmware, i tried 5 times searching for lobbies and each time took 6 minutes to join a lobby and get booted out. Finally got into a lobby and played 2 games then got booted.

Old firmware tested for 5 times searching took 3 to 6 minutes to find a lobby, once found a lobby to play game play was really laggy and as long as i could stay in that lobby i could play, but when people that start leaving or migrated host i get kicked and cant find another lobby for 8 minutes.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Jdennis1014 said:

Ok was messing around with a few settings and now I get this message on BO4. How do I fix this

So you had open before? Probably a good idea to start with whatever settings you were messing around with

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Jdennis1014 said:

All I did was enable the UPN on the netduma r1 and now I disable it and rebooted the router and still not open.

Well UPnP shouldn't make it go moderate as opposed to open, the opposite would happen. Are you using port forwarding instead?

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Jdennis1014 said:

No I have no port forwarding rules add in the netduma r1. So I did a factory reset on the netduma added the new firmware back hooked it back up to my xfinity router and now I still have a moderate nat type. 

You need to put the Xfinity in modem mode or put the R1 WAN IP in it's DMZ and disable xfinity wifi. If you did the DMZ before it's possible through the resets that the WAN IP needs to be updated in the DMZ.

Ok I have put the wan ip in the xfinity router. Can  an u keep the xfinity WiFi and disable the netduma WiFi setting instead. The reason I’m asking is I have a lot of elextronic running off the xfinity WiFi? And I only want to use the netduma for my PS4 only.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Jdennis1014 said:

Is there anything else I can do without disabling the xfinity WiFi?

No for QoS to work effectively all devices must be connected behind the R1. You can have the setup you want but without QoS. PS4 connected to R1 will still work with the Geo-Filter.

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Jdennis1014 said:

Ok I finally got back to a open Nat type now. Question now is when I find a good lobby. Do I need to save allow that host and save it? and if so by doing that will keep me connected to this host or serves.

No you don't need to do that and allowing it won't guarantee that you get that game every time. If it's been allowed by the Geo-Filter radius/ping assist then you'll be connected to it fine

Good evening,

Need a little help guys, I was finally about to play online for about an hour. But every game I played was very laggy. My geo filter is set at 1036km with the call of duty profile. My ping is set at 50ms. What can I do to have a smoother game play. My antibuffer bloat is set at 85/85 with 120 upload and 7download. 

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, Jdennis1014 said:

Good evening,

Need a little help guys, I was finally about to play online for about an hour. But every game I played was very laggy. My geo filter is set at 1036km with the call of duty profile. My ping is set at 50ms. What can I do to have a smoother game play. My antibuffer bloat is set at 85/85 with 120 upload and 7download. 

What's your ping to the game on average?

• Administrators

Two questions:

1. Is this the ping according to the game or your Geo-Filter?
  2. What is your ping when you run a Speedtest? http://speedtest.net

One thing you can try is using Ping Assist as a Ping Filter. You do this by putting the centre of your radius in the middle of the Ocean and make sure the circle is very small so it touches no land area. Then set Ping Assist to 30ms - 50ms. Now when yous search, only connections <50ms will be allowed to host your game.

The game ping is usually high 56ms connected to host. My speed test ping last I checked was 23ms. Ok just to make sure I’m following up. In of me putting my location as the state of Virginia. I need to set move it to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. And set ping assist to 50ms and that will find game host less then 50ms.

Thanks for the screen shot and by doing this will help with lagging game play and better ping game play? If this doesn’t not work. What information will u need from me to report back to you. will try this setting when I get home and let u know.