Jump to content
Flamenation247

Hope this Helps

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, lllRL said:

Your R1 won't be doing its job then. If you have your games played through the R1 and then family members are on YouTube or streaming TV, for example, congestion control/QoS isn't going to work and you'll still get lag between the modem and router. 

 

How many devices do you have that need wiring? A bunch of PCs and consoles? Surely they're not all in use at the same time? 

I have my R1 setup the same way but it's because the Wi-Fi  on the R1 is unreliable at best so for the quiet life everybody uses the Wi-Fi on the isp router do you know of any way to improve the Wi-Fi on the R1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still skeptical, but I did just have a couple of the most fair smooth feeling games I’ve had since the third week so if this keeps up you sir are a genius.  Dug out my old isp junk zyxel and changed up my ip and shockingly I was even crappin all over the try hard a holes abusing the dumbass strobe shotgun and the thermals.  Ahh feels good thanks for the tip, honestly wish I still had my R1 and ping assist instead of duma-ss on the xr, but at least this seems to have made the game playable on this damn netgear.  The Duma-ss isn’t a stab at duma as much as netgear, they really seem to care very little about their customers or bettering their products from where I’m sitting.

 Two netgear routers and I’ve felt more like a tester that they don’t pay any mind to than a customer on both.  Last nighthawks WiFi doesn’t work unless I use it through an extender and this one, well it’s been an uphill battle since day one and after it all (and 300 bucks) I feel like the R1 performed better in everything but WiFi range.   Now after “upgrading” to see that we’re getting shafted not getting ping assist or other new features until netgear decide if and when it’s worth their time it’s hard not to feel kinda scammed.   Really sad cause the Duma community has always been so helpful and willing to go above and beyond, but getting into bed with netgear seems to have really changed that by the looks of the threads and topics these last months even before blops.  Doesn’t help that CODs a bigger pain than normal this year and that’s no easy thing to pull off. Ok sorry rant over I just miss being able to set my assist and sliders and be good to go for quite a while.   If ya made it this far thanks again Flamen and Frasier too for pointing me to this thread even though I know you guys are kinda skeptical about it working. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dav581005 said:

I have my R1 setup the same way but it's because the Wi-Fi  on the R1 is unreliable at best so for the quiet life everybody uses the Wi-Fi on the isp router do you know of any way to improve the Wi-Fi on the R1 

Are you on the old firmware or DumaOS? I used to have random problems with WiFi dropping out on my phone but haven't had any issues since upgrading tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on the new 1.3 DumaOS and still have had issues with it I have my phone connected to the R1 WiFi so I can have the geofilter and auto ping boxes displayed on my phone and have had issues with it not connecting not a problem for me but you can imagine if everyone in house started having same issue 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dav581005 said:

I am on the new 1.3 DumaOS and still have had issues with it I have my phone connected to the R1 WiFi so I can have the geofilter and auto ping boxes displayed on my phone and have had issues with it not connecting not a problem for me but you can imagine if everyone in house started having same issue 

Perhaps give one of the other WiFi bands a try. I used to have issues on the default band (7) before and randomly changing it would prevent dropouts. 

 

Do you have your ISP router WiFi and R1 WiFi on simultaneously? If so try turning the combo WiFi off briefly and see if that prevents congestion or something? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today played a handful of games and still feels pretty good, flamen you are my savior if this isn’t just a fluke.  Seems legit since I’ve not seen this many consistent games in a row this smooth and all on dedi servers shockingly enough in nearly a month.  Thanks 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely this is all placebo. Your internal network is all invisible to the outside world. 

Possiblity this improves NAT issues on those stuck with ISP combos but other than that the outside world comes to the WAN and the router orchestrates the internal connections

The extra network settings on the DUMAOS are interesting the Host Receive Rates are surprisingly high compared to everything else - giving you the WTF game play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dan said:

Surely this is all placebo. Your internal network is all invisible to the outside world. 

Possiblity this improves NAT issues on those stuck with ISP combos but other than that the outside world comes to the WAN and the router orchestrates the internal connections

The extra network settings on the DUMAOS are interesting the Host Receive Rates are surprisingly high compared to everything else - giving you the WTF game play

Good to see the advanced stats are helping you to understand your connection more. Let us know if there's anything else you would like to see here pls: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/9-feature-ideas-improvements-for-dumaos/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Admin said:

Good to see the advanced stats are helping you to understand your connection more. Let us know if there's anything else you would like to see here pls: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/9-feature-ideas-improvements-for-dumaos/

Is there anyway to improve the host send rate? Mine sits in the 300s whilst all other stats are typically sub 50

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me make sure we're taking about the same thing - host send rate is the amount of data sent per second (kb/s). Having a high number is not something to be worried about normally - it will depend on how the game is designed and what's happening in the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Admin said:

Let me make sure we're taking about the same thing - host send rate is the amount of data sent per second (kb/s). Having a high number is not something to be worried about normally - it will depend on how the game is designed and what's happening in the game.

As soon as you said I realise I am being a nugget. My brain was stuck in latency mode.

So ping and tickrate are in m/s yet Send Rate and Receive Rate are kb/s

In Blackout, I see and shoot first, bullets hit but I'm dead first even with pre-aiming. So frustrating in a one life mode

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Admin said:

Let me make sure we're taking about the same thing - host send rate is the amount of data sent per second (kb/s). Having a high number is not something to be worried about normally - it will depend on how the game is designed and what's happening in the game.

 

A send rate higher than an update rate is normal as the former is measured in kilobits, while the latter uses a smaller value in Hertz. A smaller send rate is actually better because it means less data is sent per packet, and that's because there's more packets being sent. In an ideal world the update rates would be higher than the amount of data sent per second, but devs just want dat $ so we'd never see exceptional update rates. 

 

In older games where the update rates weren't equal for upstream and downstream, you'd see more data being sent on the downstream as upstream update rates would be up to 10 times higher. In BO4 with its supposed 60Hz update rates, they should be roughly equal. Same goes for the number of high prio packets sent or received. 

 

Edit: sorry, I was supposed to quote Dan lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, lllRL said:

A send rate higher than an update rate is normal as the former is measured in kilobits, while the latter uses a smaller value in Hertz. A smaller send rate is actually better because it means less data is sent per packet, and that's because there's more packets being sent. In an ideal world the update rates would be higher than the amount of data sent per second, but devs just want dat $ so we'd never see exceptional update rates. 

 

In older games where the update rates weren't equal for upstream and downstream, you'd see more data being sent on the downstream as upstream update rates would be up to 10 times higher. In BO4 with its supposed 60Hz update rates, they should be roughly equal. Same goes for the number of high prio packets sent or received. 

 

Edit: sorry, I was supposed to quote Dan lol

Cheers

Currently only playing Blackout so stuck on 20hz host tick rates. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dan said:

Cheers

Currently only playing Blackout so stuck on 20hz host tick rates. 

 

Yeah the host tick rate (downstream) is 20Hz but client tick rate (upstream) is 60Hz in Blackout if I recall correctly? Your send rate should be lower than the receive rate as a result.

 

I don't know why because you'd think they'd send just enough data in each downstream packet to compensate and match the amount of data sent per second on the upstream, but in reality you tend to use more download bandwidth than up for some reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2018 at 4:18 AM, xstupidxmonkeyx said:

it does have bridge mode but I cant take it out of combo mode or whatever it is called because others in my house use it. R1 does not have enough wired connections so only I use it with my comp

Get an 8-port dumb switch and put everyone on that behind the R1, otherwise the R1 is pointless.

 

Here's what it should look like:

 

Modem ---> R1 ---> 8-port dumb switch ---> Everyone's connection (and a separate WiFi access point)

 

The way you have it right now, the only one the R1 affects is you, and since you're the only one on it, anyone affecting your connection in your household is outside of your R1's ability to control their impact on your gaming.  That's just.... wrong... lol .

 

If you're concerned about your R1's WiFi performance, add a separate new WiFi access point behind the switch as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kssxs said:

Get an 8-port dumb switch and put everyone on that behind the R1, otherwise the R1 is pointless.

 

Here's what it should look like:

 

Modem ---> R1 ---> 8-port dumb switch ---> Everyone's connection (and a separate WiFi access point)

 

The way you have it right now, the only one the R1 affects is you, and since you're the only one on it, anyone affecting your connection in your household is outside of your R1's ability to control their impact on your gaming.  That's just.... wrong... lol .

 

If you're concerned about your R1's WiFi performance, add a separate new WiFi access point behind the switch as well.

yea we switched it up , my brother had a 4 port switch so all connections are on r1 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys, I have already asked the original poster for a Step by step explanation! Problem is I think that he is not active at the forums actually! 

First of all I would like to explain my setup with my R1 unit! 

I have a ISP router (Fritzbox 6490 Cable) a few weeks ago my isp has opened the bridge mode for lan ports at this router for us customers! I don’t know why but in Germany it is really hard to get a stand alone modem only with your internet... 

therefore I was really happy that they opened this mode for us! So I declared one of the lan ports at the Fritzbox as bridge mode and hooked up my r1 unit to it! Wan ip is now a public up adress as i understand this is the same way it would be if I had a stand alone modem , right? 

Due to the fact that the WiFi normally is bad on isp devices and I want to be able to control all of my internet devices through the duma , i hooked up my old router after the duma!This way I can have the benefit of the good wifi signal! My ps4 is connected to the duma on another port! 

Fritzbox with bridged lan port 3->Duma on lan port 3 of Fritzbox ->ASUS Router with Merlin software on duma lan & PS4 on another lan port of duma

 

So what do I have to do now in regards of what the original poster explained?

 

sorry for the long text, but I wanted to explain exactly what my setup looks like!

thanks in advance for the explanation!

EDIT: In Black ops 4 it always shows that I am living like 50 Km away from my real location (geographical region)! If this is important! I do not know why?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...