Anyone found good settings to use BO4?

purpleandgold33

Just curious if anyone has found good settings for Bo4? I'm new with this duma OS stuff on R1. I've been tinkering with the qos. I'm seriuosly a half a second behind on almost every game I play. I know the game is new and this is usually the drill whenever a new cod comes out. Just curious if there is something I don't know about on duma os that I could do that would make my cod experience better. Does everyone just put their Qos on 70/70 or lower or higher? I watched a vid simjc made on 6up 3 down for the sliders. But it didn't really help for me. Thanks

Hi purple,

70/70 is recommended and what most use but it could vary slightly for every person.  For me it's 70/65.  Everyone's line quality is gonna be a bit different so don't necessarily pay attention when someone drops it low to 6 up 3 down or such.

I'd give it a few days before trying anything big though.  A majority of players are feeling the connection blues right now but it's not necessarily your line quality or even settings.  Treyarch screwed the pooch with connections somewhere in their last update.  Of course you want your line the best possible but not much can really be done till they unbugger what they did.  Personally i recommend just sticking with 70/70 and using ping assist or your geo to find the closest servers and then tinker more after Treyarc corrects their issue.

5 minutes ago, Urge said:

Hi purple,

70/70 is recommended and what most use but it could vary slightly for every person.  For me it's 70/65.  Everyone's line quality is gonna be a bit different so don't necessarily pay attention when someone drops it low to 6 up 3 down or such.

I'd give it a few days before trying anything big though.  A majority of players are feeling the connection blues right now but it's not necessarily your line quality or even settings.  Treyarch screwed the pooch with connections somewhere in their last update.  Of course you want your line the best possible but not much can really be done till they unbugger what they did.  Personally i recommend just sticking with 70/70 and using ping assist or your geo to find the closest servers and then tinker more after Treyarc corrects their issue.

there is no ping assist on duma os. My line is stable right around 30-40ms ping no spikes. Wondering if I should switch back to r1 software so I can use ping assist. From what Ive been reading r1 is been better. Thanks for your input!

14 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

there is no ping assist on duma os. My line is stable right around 30-40ms ping no spikes. Wondering if I should switch back to r1 software so I can use ping assist. From what Ive been reading r1 is been better. Thanks for your input!

Sorry i just assumed you were on the original set up.  I don't have ping assist either.  Also on Duma OS.  The geo should be enough i would think as both services are just meant to get you the closest server with the lowest ping.  And we've been collecting a pile of address for Fraser to add into the cloud to get the geo up to date. 

2 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

The next cloud update and the introduction of Ping Assist on the R1 (DumaOS) will make all the difference. I'd recommend holding out until then!

This is just for the R1 version though and not the XR500?  If so, any idea on when the 500 could get the update?

23 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

The next cloud update and the introduction of Ping Assist on the R1 (DumaOS) will make all the difference. I'd recommend holding out until then!

Suppose you can't say when? Hopefully real soon!!

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Urge said:

This is just for the R1 version though and not the XR500?  If so, any idea on when the 500 could get the update?

Up to NETGEAR - but they'll be keen for it to be out soon too.

3 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Suppose you can't say when? Hopefully real soon!!

Can't say when! But agreed, hopefully real soon!

6 hours ago, Urge said:

Hi purple,

This is good to know because it is playing terrible right now. I am getting one shot killed by everything. I don't feel, notice, experience any bullets. I just die. It was so good before. Now it's garbage.

46 minutes ago, Foedus Gratiae said:

This is good to know because it is playing terrible right now. I am getting one shot killed by everything. I don't feel, notice, experience any bullets. I just die. It was so good before. Now it's garbage.

I was playing with qos today and got it to play waaay better. Normally, in other cods I'm used to being one of the better players in the lobby if not the top guy. So this really sucks for me. Either way when you dail it in your still going to run into shitty lobbies. I have 100 down 10 up and had my sliders set at 70/90 and I live in MN and put my home in Missouri for the geo-filter

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

I was playing with qos today and got it to play waaay better. Normally, in other cods I'm used to being one of the better players in the lobby if not the top guy. So this really sucks for me. Either way when you dail it in your still going to run into shitty lobbies. I have 100 down 10 up and had my sliders set at 70/90 and I live in MN and put my home in Missouri for the geo-filter

Awesome, I'm glad QoS helped you out. Hopefully someone else can get improvements using QoS :)

2 hours ago, Nuschler22 said:

Just curious why moving from MN to Missouri might help? 

Cause all of the servers that are close to me in the midwest are there. I.E. illinios, missouri and sometimes good atl. I have pinged all of these prior and all except illinios from time I get good games. When I was playing ww2 I found this out. Missouri server for me plays the best.

On 11/6/2018 at 6:02 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Awesome, I'm glad QoS helped you out. Hopefully someone else can get improvements using QoS :)

how would you go about finding the best for you on the sliders for the xr500 just by messing with the Bufferbloat sliders in a game? or on ping plotter ? cause I do get a fair a mount of ping spikes as another forum in here just on my router now my ISP tells me I need to upgrade to like 150mbs or 300 gibit fiber internet an I would have a stable line. I mean I have a 100 down 117 up. but anyway maybe down the road but anyway to answer my first question. how about finding the best setting from 70 %

• Netduma Staff
21 minutes ago, Matthew_D said:

how would you go about finding the best for you on the sliders for the xr500 just by messing with the Bufferbloat sliders in a game? or on ping plotter ? cause I do get a fair a mount of ping spikes as another forum in here just on my router now my ISP tells me I need to upgrade to like 150mbs or 300 gibit fiber internet an I would have a stable line. I mean I have a 100 down 117 up. but anyway maybe down the road but anyway to answer my first question. how about finding the best setting from 70 %

You don't necessarily need higher speeds for a more stable line - that's a myth. You should definitely be running your own tests using Pingplotter. If you need help understanding the results feel free to share them here. Improving your line quality is a matter of replacing Ethernet cables, finding the best modem, and sometimes getting your ISP to take action.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

You don't necessarily need higher speeds for a more stable line - that's a myth. You should definitely be running your own tests using Pingplotter. If you need help understanding the results feel free to share them here. Improving your line quality is a matter of replacing Ethernet cables, finding the best modem, and sometimes getting your ISP to take action.

ok gotcha I just placed a topic so if you wanna go there you can or up to you. but I replaced my ethernet cables with stp ethernet cables on the modem an my ps4. didn't help I did call my isp they did stuff over on their end but did not help. so that leaves me with a modem or getting my isp come out ? I mean I use the xr500 with 100 down an 117 up 

On 11/5/2018 at 5:12 PM, Netduma Jack said:

Quick question for you or anyone else on the Netduma team that may see this first. 

I was obviously looking forward to the ping assist feature reintroduction as it was arguably the most important factor for matchmaking on the old firmware, but then I read this:Screenshot_20181107-163717.thumb.png.3c8ff65e91f0f208c0eb3419d19aa52b.png

By "no longer queries peers", does that mean BO4 no longer uses prelobby hosts before transferring to a server? In other words if you put your home marker in the ocean, set the ping assist to match the latency you get to your local server and search for a game, you won't struggle to find a game because of a prelobby host that you ping with a higher amount of latency than you get to the server so you'll connect straight to said server? 

• Netduma Staff
23 minutes ago, lllRL said:

Quick question for you or anyone else on the Netduma team that may see this first. 

I was obviously looking forward to the ping assist feature reintroduction as it was arguably the most important factor for matchmaking on the old firmware, but then I read this:

By "no longer queries peers", does that mean BO4 no longer uses prelobby hosts before transferring to a server? In other words if you put your home marker in the ocean, set the ping assist to match the latency you get to your local server and search for a game, you won't struggle to find a game because of a prelobby host that you ping with a higher amount of latency than you get to the server so you'll connect straight to said server? 

I believe you're right. We're having some amazing results with Ping Assist on Black Ops 4 - there's a few issues to work through before it becomes available though. We'll keep you posted on that.

45 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

I believe you're right. We're having some amazing results with Ping Assist on Black Ops 4 - there's a few issues to work through before it becomes available though. We'll keep you posted on that.

That seems odd though. Ping assist worked in games with servers by allowing prelobby hosts before connecting to the server (hence not being able to find a game if you just set the ping assist value to what you get to your nearest server). If you just ping servers on the filter map now, isn't ping assist made redundant for 99% of players since we mostly connect to servers anyway? 

• Netduma Staff
17 hours ago, lllRL said:

That seems odd though. Ping assist worked in games with servers by allowing prelobby hosts before connecting to the server (hence not being able to find a game if you just set the ping assist value to what you get to your nearest server). If you just ping servers on the filter map now, isn't ping assist made redundant for 99% of players since we mostly connect to servers anyway? 

I don't think so - the old Ping Assist shouldn't be used as reference in this case since the developers have kinda' overhauled it. I haven't personally tested it otherwise I'd give you a more informed answer, but I've heard great things from the developers / testers about it. Fingers crossed that the new cloud update and that will help as much as we're hoping!

• Netduma Staff
On 11/10/2018 at 8:42 PM, Macabi83 said:

I mean, before we know it few months pass, and the game is old already, the time is now, and even longer for xr500 users, had I known the netduma was not going to fully handle that router, would of have never bought it.

Well the game itself is borked at the minute. There's a lot of testing and time being put into BO4 on our end to get to the bottom of it - hopefully the results are worth it.