The XR500 is a router, not a modem/router. You will need a modem in order to establish a link between your router and the phone network. Then you insert your pppoe credentials and connect.

I have the R1, XR500 and XR700. You can use pppoe on all of them.

You will receive your full speeds.

3 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

The XR500 is a router, not a modem/router. You will need a modem in order to establish a link between your router and the phone network. Then you insert your pppoe credentials and connect.

I have the R1, XR500 and XR700. You can use pppoe on all of them.

You will receive your full speeds.

I have an R1 and no modem at the moment connected direct to my 400mbps fibre ONT... but was told (on here by admin) the R1 is not optimised for PPPOE and my ethernet speeds are poor... so what's my options?

I cannot game ATM because my speeds are so terrible and if I put my ISP supplied router online before the R1 I cannot get OPEN NAT...

4 minutes ago, F1RE-BUG said:

I have an R1 and no modem at the moment connected direct to my 400mbps fibre ONT... but was told (on here by admin) the R1 is not optimised for PPPOE and my ethernet speeds are poor... so what's my options?

I cannot game ATM because my speeds are so terrible and if I put my ISP supplied router online before the R1 I cannot get OPEN NAT...

pppoe will work on R1 but it is not optimised for it. You can put your isp router in front of the R1 but you will have to disable upnp on the isp router (that will give you nat issues if you do not. Also in your isp router theres a section called "DMZ" you can input the ip address of the R1 your isp router assignes it and that will fully open the ports for the R1 thus giving you open nat for your console!

7 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

pppoe will work on R1 but it is not optimised for it. You can put your isp router in front of the R1 but you will have to disable upnp on the isp router (that will give you nat issues if you do not. Also in your isp router theres a section called "DMZ" you can input the ip address of the R1 your isp router assignes it and that will fully open the ports for the R1 thus giving you open nat for your console!

Done that ....

Still moderate NAT...