Jump to content
Sparky87

NAT issues

Recommended Posts

Hi guys

Black ops 4 needs port 3074 and 3075 open to attain open nat ..upnp never worked for me properly on old duma software had to manually port forward. I thought the Duma os would solve this but alas no...wats the reason why upnp isnt working properly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many consoles are you using? Just one? 

Bo4 should get OPEN NAT for 1 game console with just uPnP on one game console.

What the Mfr and model# of your ISP modem? Built in router here by chance? 

Have you done a hard power OFF of the game console, then reboot the router. Then power ON the console? Might set up a IP address reservation ON the router for the game console before doing a hard power off of the console. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, e38BimmerFN said:

How many consoles are you using? Just one? 

Bo4 should get OPEN NAT for 1 game console with just uPnP on one game console.

What the Mfr and model# of your ISP modem? Built in router here by chance? 

Have you done a hard power OFF of the game console, then reboot the router. Then power ON the console? Might set up a IP address reservation ON the router for the game console before doing a hard power off of the console. 

Great advice. @scooby if you're not setting open NAT across both version, I suspect the cause if on your setup. Please try Bimmer's advice. If that doesn't work, then see if you can put your modem into 'modem mode' or 'bridge mode'. There's a chance it is preventing the Netduma UPNP from working properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, witton90 said:

Either put modem in bridge mode or place IP address assigned to your netduma r1, into the DMZ, disable upnp, reboot then make sure upnp is enabled on the R1 reboot both r1 and your isp modem, also assign a static IP address to r1 so it doesn't change, this is how i achieve a open nat and never have any problems, as far as I'm aware i don't think the r1 has dmz 

Hi thx for the responde

i have checked my router its from Telenet in belguim on the forum they say the modem does not support "bridge mode" or "modem only"..

if i whant thad i need to get something like a EMTA modem and thads like 170€ and instalation price..😅😭

but is it possible to set a ip adress assigned to the r1 netduma? can someone explain where or what ip i need to set up in netduma and my modem or what dmz i need to use im totally noob in this and can i use thad ip  to get a open nat and not double nat? or moderate...

+ my ip changes allot if i unplug the netduma i have open ip but then i need to check my ps4 to change the ip on my modem because it changed to get the open nat back.. ps where can i or do i need to put the ip in dumaos to get this stuff in one line..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone,

                      Anybody with Nat issues with Cod games I uncovered a very easy way to get Open Nat on multiple consoles with the XR500, I didn't need to do any port forwarding and didn't even DMZ xbox in XR500 settings. I achieved this by the following steps;

  1. In ISP modem DMZ XR500.
  2. Head to Settings
  3. then Wan
  4. Go to Nat Filtering change that from Secured to "Open"
  5. Select "Apply"

Then load up Cod and I have open Nat in any cod games now in multiple consoles and PC now.

Kind Regards,

Dogga.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Great advice. @scooby if you're not setting open NAT across both version, I suspect the cause if on your setup. Please try Bimmer's advice. If that doesn't work, then see if you can put your modem into 'modem mode' or 'bridge mode'. There's a chance it is preventing the Netduma UPNP from working properly.

My modem super hub 2 ( not the crappy hub 3) has always been in modem mode . Just the r1 connected then everything connected to r1.

I have re booted numerous times with no joy. Im sure if I portforward on the r1 it will work but just need a answer on why its not working correctly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to add ...xbox has a static reserved ip and its the in game nat that shows moderate not the xbox thats open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember correctly on my old router (ASUS N66u) most call of duty games would appear in the UPNP table with additional forwarded ports using something call deamonware or something to that effect. I cannot see this in the XR500 upnp table. 

BO4 is definitively trying to open port UDP3075 which is not showing in the upnp table of xr500. 

I will try changing to 'open' nat filtering

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DOGGAVELI said:

Hi Everyone,

                      Anybody with Nat issues with Cod games I uncovered a very easy way to get Open Nat on multiple consoles with the XR500, I didn't need to do any port forwarding and didn't even DMZ xbox in XR500 settings. I achieved this by the following steps;

  1. In ISP modem DMZ XR500.
  2. Head to Settings
  3. then Wan
  4. Go to Nat Filtering change that from Secured to "Open"
  5. Select "Apply"

Then load up Cod and I have open Nat in any cod games now in multiple consoles and PC now.

Kind Regards,

Dogga.

 

FYI, changing NAT filter to Open is only needed for two or more game consoles playing the same game at the same time. uPnP should be enough to work with NAT FIlter set to Secure for single game consoles. If your not getting OPEN NAT using Secure NAT Filter, then hard Power OFF the game console, reboot the router to clear uPnP, then power on the console and check NAT. Should be open. I recommend setting a IP address reservations for ALL game consoles ON the router. Also make sure your ISP modem doesn't have NAT as well. If it does, use it's DMZ for the XR router.  

Gaming with Full Cone vs Symmetric NAT Routers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it helps i have done the following to open my NAT, first turned uPnP off then port forward the ports 3074,3075 UDP. Then deleted my console from the geo-filter and unchecked strict mode and auto ping flushed the cloud and rebooted router, all this was done while console was hard off. Turned console back on and rebooted game up and now NAT was saying open in game. Then i enabled geo-filter back on and ticked strict mode and auto ping back on. This seems to work could just be a fluke on my behalf do to me being an old fart and a caveman when it comes to technology apologies if it does not help sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend setting a IP address reservations for ALL game consoles ON the router ...

i have 2ps4 consoles me and my brother can you please tell me how i can make ip address reservations ?

its allmost weekend again and im trying sinds the release from b04 and this is taking me so long to just learn and try stuff without any results...

my console gives moderated with the duma router plugged in here are some picture s upnp enabled and spectating mode and strictmode off and still moderated on bo4

 

spectaing mode.jpg

 

upnp.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Burger100 said:

If it helps i have done the following to open my NAT, first turned uPnP off then port forward the ports 3074,3075 UDP. Then deleted my console from the geo-filter and unchecked strict mode and auto ping flushed the cloud and rebooted router, all this was done while console was hard off. Turned console back on and rebooted game up and now NAT was saying open in game. Then i enabled geo-filter back on and ticked strict mode and auto ping back on. This seems to work could just be a fluke on my behalf do to me being an old fart and a caveman when it comes to technology apologies if it does not help sorry.

 

6 minutes ago, e38BimmerFN said:

Look under Network Settnigs and LAN Setup. There will be a area were you can ADD devices and set the IP address reservation there. 

hi can you tell me where?

 

lan.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to network settings open DHCP and give your console a static ip this will ensure your console connects to the same ip each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as the static IP address is OUT SIDE of the routers default IP address pool. Static IP addresses can't be in the routers pool. This will ensure your console connects to the same ip each time. You can set the routers pool to 192.168.1.100 to .200. This leaves you room on either side of the pool for static IP addresses. Game consoles should be IP address reserved ON the router, with in the pool so the routers QoS and Such can manage the traffic for game consoles. Using Statics can defeat this. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your changing the min and max range for DHCP IP address pool, then yes, change this. I believe default is .1.2 thru .1.254. You can change this to .100 thru .200 and have plenty of room for statics on either side. Then set up the IP address for the game consoles with in the pool. I like to use .198 and .199 for mine. Works well. You'll need to power OFF then back on the consoles after making the change so the new IP addresses show up on the consoles. In fact turn all devices OFF accept for your PC that your using to configure the router. Once changes are made and you reboot the router. Then re-connect the devices. 

 

To specify the pool of IP addresses that the router assigns: 1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the router network. 2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net. A login window opens. 3. Enter the router admin user name and password. Manage the Router’s Network Settings 75 XR500 Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time that you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive. The Dashboard displays. 4. Select Settings > Setup > LAN Setup. The LAN Setup page displays. 5. Make sure that the Use Router as DHCP Server check box is selected. 6. Specify the range of IP addresses that the router assigns: a. In the Starting IP Address field, type the lowest number in the range. This IP address must be in the same subnet as the router. b. In the Ending IP Address field, type the number at the end of the range of IP addresses. This IP address must be in the same subnet as the router. 7. Click the Apply button. Your settings are saved. The router delivers the following parameters to any LAN device that requests DHCP: • An IP address from the range that you define • Subnet mask • Gateway IP address (the router’s LAN IP address) • DNS server IP address (the router’s LAN IP address)

https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500_UM_EN.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now i started back up b04 and like the persone above told me to forward udp 3074 and 3075 i did this and deleted my device and un checked strict mode flushed the cloud restarted the game and im on the adressed ip and the game puts me in moderated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Burger100 said:

Go to network settings open DHCP and give your console a static ip this will ensure your console connects to the same ip each time.

 

1 minute ago, Burger100 said:

Have you turned UpNp off

OOEPS i cant enter the network :(

script error.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...