NAT issues

Sparky87

So on my xbox network settings I'm showing an open nat  - in gaming I'm showing a moderate nat and struggling to get people to connect to me. in game it suggests i use UDP port 3075. h

to be honest i don't know how to rectify this 😕

ended up messing with port triggering and it solved the issue - don't understand how it worked - or even if it was a coincidence. anywho - showing open nat now and i can connect to my friends easily. 

upnp is set to a port number and bo4 says it needs a different number in order to open nat. 

IM having issues getting an open nat for bo4 on ps4pro.    I have the netduma in the dmz of my isp modem and I have all the ports forwarded for my PS4 on the netduma but it still says port 3074 isn’t open resulting in a moderate nat.    Am I missing something new?   This setup worked on the old firmware perfectly 

• Netduma Staff

Is this just after upgrading your R1 to DumaOS or are you on the XR500? There used to be a known issue with this - we're aware of it and it'll be fixed in one of the coming firmware versions hopefully :)

2 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Is this just after upgrading your R1 to DumaOS or are you on the XR500? There used to be a known issue with this - we're aware of it and it'll be fixed in one of the coming firmware versions hopefully :)

Just after upgrading my R1 

no ports listed under upnp after forwarding 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ducky62 said:

Just after upgrading my R1 

no ports listed under upnp after forwarding 

No ports should be listed under UPnP if you have port forwarded because you're forwarding the ports yourself.

Do you mean that you've added rules to port forwarding rather than just using UPnP?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No ports should be listed under UPnP if you have port forwarded because you're forwarding the ports yourself.

Do you mean that you've added rules to port forwarding rather than just using UPnP?

I tried both.   When just upnp no ports were listed so I forwarded myself.   Still not open nat in bo4 and nothing on geo filter either way.  

I had the NAT issue, xbox one to XR500. UPNP table showed that port 3074 was being forwarded but game suggests that it also needs port 3075. Only solution for me was to use address reservation for my xbox and manually forward UDP 3075. I didn't try with my geo filter off though. I much prefer not port forwarding as I have multiple xboxes on my network so will try some of the above suggestions. 

2 minutes ago, quadrophenic said:

I had the NAT issue, xbox one to XR500. UPNP table showed that port 3074 was being forwarded but game suggests that it also needs port 3075. Only solution for me was to use address reservation for my xbox and manually forward UDP 3075. I didn't try with my geo filter off though. I much prefer not port forwarding as I have multiple xboxes on my network so will try some of the above suggestions. 

I have multiple xboxes too and I always go by the console NAT over the in game NAT. As Fraser said the games haven’t shown the in game NAT correctly for years (since AW if I remember correctly) I’ve also tested using the XR500 by setting NAT filtering to open and BO4 still shows a moderate NAT. WWII did the same thing but I’ve never had an issue as long as the console NAT is open.

17 minutes ago, pollutionblues said:

I have multiple xboxes too and I always go by the console NAT over the in game NAT. As Fraser said the games haven’t shown the in game NAT correctly for years (since AW if I remember correctly) I’ve also tested using the XR500 by setting NAT filtering to open and BO4 still shows a moderate NAT. WWII did the same thing but I’ve never had an issue as long as the console NAT is open.

Is this changing the second Xbox's port to 3075 in Xbox settings, leaving the first Xbox port on 3074?

35 minutes ago, Zennon said:

Is this changing the second Xbox's port to 3075 in Xbox settings, leaving the first Xbox port on 3074?

Do you mean am I manually changing ports for each Xbox using the port selection in settings? If so then no, I’ve never touched port selection.

4 hours ago, pollutionblues said:

Do you mean am I manually changing ports for each Xbox using the port selection in settings? If so then no, I’ve never touched port selection.

You need to do that then, and reboot the xboxes when done mate.

4 minutes ago, Zennon said:

You need to do that then, and reboot the xboxes when done mate.

Will do mate cheers, never bothered with it before as all 4 xboxes always have open NAT so I just went by that.

Hi

Im on the r1 duma beta os.. im having a moderate nat type if i use the duma router if i unplug the router i have open nat type because i added the port into my router.

i tryed upnp the netduma displays the correct port for bo4 3074 udp but if i start reboot ore disable the geo it never changes

i have a qeustion the dmz thad i need to put in my main router where can i find it? because on the r1 dumaos i dont know where to find the dmz to put in my router..

can someone tell me.. dont understand mutch what dmz does or where i can find it..

50 minutes ago, Daniel87 said:

Hi

Im on the r1 duma beta os.. im having a moderate nat type if i use the duma router if i unplug the router i have open nat type because i added the port into my router.

i tryed upnp the netduma displays the correct port for bo4 3074 udp but if i start reboot ore disable the geo it never changes

i have a qeustion the dmz thad i need to put in my main router where can i find it? because on the r1 dumaos i dont know where to find the dmz to put in my router..

can someone tell me.. dont understand mutch what dmz does or where i can find it..

Either put modem in bridge mode or place IP address assigned to your netduma r1, into the DMZ, disable upnp, reboot then make sure upnp is enabled on the R1 reboot both r1 and your isp modem, also assign a static IP address to r1 so it doesn't change, this is how i achieve a open nat and never have any problems, as far as I'm aware i don't think the r1 has dmz