Jump to content
Netduma Admin

Black Ops 4 Support

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that! Always recommend starting with 70% for both download & upload

Ok but on the bandwidth allocation where should I put them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that! Always recommend starting with 70% for both download & upload

So on the bandwidth allocation where should I put them for my pc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone enlighten me regarding the "Duma OS users set to filtering mode" thing as I don't see a filtering mode button or option on my router web page.

Also, filtered host to 650kms because I live in the republic of Ireland and I'm hoping to connect to a server as close to home as possible, can anyone recommend a good average distance to set on the filtering diameter.

My gaming experience has not really changed to be honest, and I'm beginning to wonder if I have set up the router correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Geo-Filter page you first need to add your gaming device, you will then see the option to switch between filtering or spectating mode. As you’re in the UK a range of 1000km should get you very good games close to home. It sounds like you don’t have the Geo-Filter setup correctly but if you follow what I just wrote then you should notice a difference then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to know which device and firmware would be better for BO4, I have the R1 and the XR500. I live in northern Florida, and am constantly in lobbies with people connecting with what seems like 56k/ hotspotting from their 3g connection from the islands off the coast whenever I connect to the Miami and Atlanta server.

Speaking of the Miami server, there has to be a way to enable those of us who have spent considerable money on a "gaming" router that is supposed to "dominate lag" to be able to block connecting to specific areas. Oh, and your geofilter on the R1 needs quite a bit of work. Unless if there is a server bank off of the coast of Africa with a connection from northern Florida with a 23 ms ping.

Another suggestion is to enable us to completely nerf our connections, ping wise as well as down/up. With gibabit up and down it is a joke to try to throttle my connection through the interface, I have to use both routers to even come close.

Is it the game that is broken? Perhaps, but I can say that through owning both products for a number of years through multiple game releases the taste in my mouth is that of a gimmick that might work in certain instances, but not all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally from my experience in what has worked best for me with bo4, I’m using the xr500, is to download ping plotter, connect it wired to computer, run it for ten minutes under load, ie, whilst in game playing online, streaming etc, then play around with anti ti buffer bloat percentages until you get the least or no lag spikes, click always  once happy, disable geo filter or use spectating mode,  see how it goes, this works better for me and I connect to 20ms less servers / peers hope this helps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

On the Geo-Filter page you first need to add your gaming device, you will then see the option to switch between filtering or spectating mode. As you’re in the UK a range of 1000km should get you very good games close to home. It sounds like you don’t have the Geo-Filter setup correctly but if you follow what I just wrote then you should notice a difference then.

Thanks I'll try that out later thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

On the Geo-Filter page you first need to add your gaming device, you will then see the option to switch between filtering or spectating mode. As you’re in the UK a range of 1000km should get you very good games close to home. It sounds like you don’t have the Geo-Filter setup correctly but if you follow what I just wrote then you should notice a difference then.

Sorry I feel like an idiot here, but I have set up my xbox using the filtering option on the router, but I don't see a Filtering or Spectating mode? Where can I find this setting. Thanks again. 

Also, I'm not in the UK, I'm in the republic of ireland, so I'm guessing that the nearest server to me is in the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, pie said:

I would like to know which device and firmware would be better for BO4, I have the R1 and the XR500. I live in northern Florida, and am constantly in lobbies with people connecting with what seems like 56k/ hotspotting from their 3g connection from the islands off the coast whenever I connect to the Miami and Atlanta server.

Speaking of the Miami server, there has to be a way to enable those of us who have spent considerable money on a "gaming" router that is supposed to "dominate lag" to be able to block connecting to specific areas. Oh, and your geofilter on the R1 needs quite a bit of work. Unless if there is a server bank off of the coast of Africa with a connection from northern Florida with a 23 ms ping.

Another suggestion is to enable us to completely nerf our connections, ping wise as well as down/up. With gibabit up and down it is a joke to try to throttle my connection through the interface, I have to use both routers to even come close.

Is it the game that is broken? Perhaps, but I can say that through owning both products for a number of years through multiple game releases the taste in my mouth is that of a gimmick that might work in certain instances, but not all.

 

You cannot influence other peoples connections and determine if they do/don't connect to the server you're playing on unless you're the host of the server - if that is what you were asking. 

The one you're talking about is an anomaly and won't affect the Geo-Filter performance.

You could easily do this by setting your internet bandwidth to 10/10 and then lowering the Anti-Bufferbloat sliders to your desired bandwidth.

6 minutes ago, tallus said:

Sorry I feel like an idiot here, but I have set up my xbox using the filtering option on the router, but I don't see a Filtering or Spectating mode? Where can I find this setting. Thanks again. 

Also, I'm not in the UK, I'm in the republic of ireland, so I'm guessing that the nearest server to me is in the UK.

On the top of the Geo-Filter page in the devices panel there is a button 'Add Device' click that and add your console. It will automatically add your console with the correct server. You will then see just under the device a filtering/spectating mode toggle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You cannot influence other peoples connections and determine if they do/don't connect to the server you're playing on unless you're the host of the server - if that is what you were asking. 

The one you're talking about is an anomaly and won't affect the Geo-Filter performance.

You could easily do this by setting your internet bandwidth to 10/10 and then lowering the Anti-Bufferbloat sliders to your desired bandwidth.

On the top of the Geo-Filter page in the devices panel there is a button 'Add Device' click that and add your console. It will automatically add your console with the correct server. You will then see just under the device a filtering/spectating mode toggle.

Hi again, I just took a screenshot of my geo filtering page. I dont see an option to spectate or filter. I must be going blind.

Screenshot_20190626-185641_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies, you said DumaOS users but you're not actually on DumaOS, you're on the original firmware. If you would like update to DumaOS you'll need to sign up here first: https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/ 

Even though you don't have filtering/spectating mode on your firmware the rest of my original comment still applies and that should get you good games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again for the help. Updated the router and I can now see those settings.

What kind of ping should I expect, it's averaging between 30 - 46 ms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to hear that. That's really dependent on a lot of factors such as your base ping (e.g. the speedtest.net ping when nothing is using the internet) and if you're using WiFi etc. That is a good ping though I would be happy with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that. That's really dependent on a lot of factors such as your base ping (e.g. the speedtest.net ping when nothing is using the internet) and if you're using WiFi etc. That is a good ping though I would be happy with that.

Played a few games and there is a definite improvement ! Liking the newer interface even more than the original one.

Much appreciation for the help again, especially the speedy replies.  it's great customer service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, witton90 said:

Personally from my experience in what has worked best for me with bo4, I’m using the xr500, is to download ping plotter, connect it wired to computer, run it for ten minutes under load, ie, whilst in game playing online, streaming etc, then play around with anti ti buffer bloat percentages until you get the least or no lag spikes, click always  once happy, disable geo filter or use spectating mode,  see how it goes, this works better for me and I connect to 20ms less servers / peers hope this helps 

My connection is rock solid, I ran ping plotter last night for a few hours, and didn't need to make any adjustments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot influence other peoples connections and determine if they do/don't connect to the server you're playing on unless you're the host of the server - if that is what you were asking. 

I am asking for the capability to permanently ban specific dedicated servers and all of the peer servers associated with the bank. I am fully aware that I can not control who else connects. It is looking like my only option is to camp on another dedicated server in another location.

The one you're talking about is an anomaly and won't affect the Geo-Filter performance.

Which server/ location does it come from?

You could easily do this by setting your internet bandwidth to 10/10 and then lowering the Anti-Bufferbloat sliders to your desired bandwidth.

Thank you for this, I have tried it on both devices and it is an effective throttle. I was under the impression that I needed to set the bandwidth to actual numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, pie said:

I am asking for the capability to permanently ban specific dedicated servers and all of the peer servers associated with the bank. I am fully aware that I can not control who else connects. It is looking like my only option is to camp on another dedicated server in another location.

Which server/ location does it come from?

Thank you for this, I have tried it on both devices and it is an effective throttle. I was under the impression that I needed to set the bandwidth to actual numbers.

  1. Thanks for clarifying, that is a very interesting concept. I think the major issue with that is you would severely impact your ability to get a game. Not all servers in that cluster/associated with it will be bad so that could go badly. If there was a way we could circumvent this then it could be a cool feature.
  2. It's usually a local host which is why it usually has a very abnormally low ping.
  3. If the option is changeable then it's customisable and you can do with it what you wish, theres tons of different configurations you can do, thats a big part of DumaOS that people love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Where I am located I have about 5-6 locations that I can connect to with decent ping, so I think that for people that are in a selection rich area it could be beneficial. Another idea would be to have the function to set the minimum ping, as right now the max is the only option. In my experience games like BO4 play the best above a certain threshold.

The odd server that I am referencing pings about the same as Atlanta or Miami.

Right now I am using the R1, with it throttled. The rest of the house is on the XR500, as I can not have the speeds I like to have on the console and keep the rest of the house happy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. I think this could be useful in EU & US you're right, it's something we can look into. That's been suggested before and we do like the idea, so that could come in the future!
  2. It's usually an anomaly in that location but could you provide the ID please? It could be mislocated.
  3. If your motive for having higher speeds is for gaming then that is not necessary as they don't use much at all - much less than 500kbps usually unless hosting potentially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Fantastic! Glad to see you're experiencing the benefits, do let us know if you have any questions!

Hi again, played a few games this evening and to be honest it was pretty woeful. Went into my network settings on the Xbox and saw that my nat is set to moderate. Is there anything I can do in my rother settings to change this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, tallus said:

Hi again, played a few games this evening and to be honest it was pretty woeful. Went into my network settings on the Xbox and saw that my nat is set to moderate. Is there anything I can do in my rother settings to change this. 

Follow this guide and that should resolve the issue: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:
  1. I think this could be useful in EU & US you're right, it's something we can look into. That's been suggested before and we do like the idea, so that could come in the future!
  2. It's usually an anomaly in that location but could you provide the ID please? It could be mislocated.
  3. If your motive for having higher speeds is for gaming then that is not necessary as they don't use much at all - much less than 500kbps usually unless hosting potentially.

I upgraded the R1 to DumaOS, so I can't grab it right now. Chances are that I will get frustrated again and revert, so be patient, I'll get it eventually.

We have a lot of bandwidth heavy devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...