Black Ops 4 Support

Netduma Admin

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, nunogsm said:

im in portugal, and some times i go play to saudi region, because there are many bots :D

activate strict mode
and set ping assist to zero, 
reboot your console, lunch game and now, you are ready to play in saudi region

Awesome advice :D interesting that you'd choose to play in the Saudi region, but if the gameplay is better then that's all that matters.

This advice is relevant to anyone who wants to force a server!

3 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

Awesome advice :D interesting that you'd choose to play in the Saudi region, but if the gameplay is better then that's all that matters.

This advice is relevant to anyone who wants to force a server!

the con not the best mate, 80ms ping, bur saudi players dont camp, they all play in rush mode :D

I am still having a problem connecting on the east coast. I read the servers aren't updated yet to their true locations so in the meantime I took my PC out of the geofilter and it is taking a very long time to find games. Minutes whereas if I connect right to my router I find them fairly fast. If I'm not using geofilter, why am I not finding games just as fast. I have rebooted my router after removing geofilter and started up the game after making the changes. Using the R1 updated to DumaOS.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Lennyhos1 said:

I am still having a problem connecting on the east coast. I read the servers aren't updated yet to their true locations so in the meantime I took my PC out of the geofilter and it is taking a very long time to find games. Minutes whereas if I connect right to my router I find them fairly fast. If I'm not using geofilter, why am I not finding games just as fast. I have rebooted my router after removing geofilter and started up the game after making the changes. Using the R1 updated to DumaOS.

You should fine games just as fast. Are you 100% sure no devices are still in the Geo-Filter?

If not, what is your NAT status? It's possible you don't have an Open NAT and this is causing problems. See this guide for steps: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-nat

Hey guys, got DumaOS the new firmware. Playing on pc , i have a hard time finding games no matter what advice i am following. Have tried alot now and it keeps searching forever. Then played with a random guy who didnt had netduma or any other gaming router , we got into matches under 5sec every damn time. But when im searching solo i am lucky to play 3-4 matches in a whole day

• Netduma Staff
38 minutes ago, BeNNerG said:

Hey guys, got DumaOS the new firmware. Playing on pc , i have a hard time finding games no matter what advice i am following. Have tried alot now and it keeps searching forever. Then played with a random guy who didnt had netduma or any other gaming router , we got into matches under 5sec every damn time. But when im searching solo i am lucky to play 3-4 matches in a whole day

Hi, welcome to the forum! I'd recommend making a new post about your issue, you'll get more effective support that way :)

Did you set your PC to a console in the Device Manager?

28 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hi, welcome to the forum! I'd recommend making a new post about your issue, you'll get more effective support that way :)

Did you set your PC to a console in the Device Manager?

Oh okay sry about that :)

yup tried that and rest of the steps got one game in an hour , but then my fps was affected somehow ( went down to 30-55) even though it has been stabil at 120fps and latency 10-40max

• Netduma Staff
7 minutes ago, BeNNerG said:

Oh okay sry about that :)

yup tried that and rest of the steps got one game in an hour , but then my fps was affected somehow ( went down to 30-55) even though it has been stabil at 120fps and latency 10-40max

If you set the Geo-Filter to spectating mode do you get games then? Do you have an open NAT? FPS isn't affected by your online connection - no router can improve FPS.

1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

If you set the Geo-Filter to spectating mode do you get games then? Do you have an open NAT? FPS isn't affected by your online connection - no router can improve FPS.

If i set it to spectating its the same, few games only. My Nat is open yes, got forwarding all ports for bo4 including upnp . Wierd then.

Is it possible for you guys to remote acces it purhaps and take a look tommorow ?

20 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

You should fine games just as fast. Are you 100% sure no devices are still in the Geo-Filter?

If not, what is your NAT status? It's possible you don't have an Open NAT and this is causing problems. See this guide for steps: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-nat

I am 100% sure. I am trying again now with the same results. Been sitting in queue long enough to type out this reply and get screenshots. But if I disconnect and connect straight to my router its very fast

I have my Duma in DMZ to get Open Nat

1208394567_DesktopScreenshot2018_11.20-09_40_39_77.thumb.png.a49507463ca76343ddf13490227c053b.png

152818895_CallofDutyBlackOps4Screenshot2018_11.20-09_40_19_88.thumb.png.1650d8bee7cfe86cc7c5f03ab256bc2f.png

• Administrators

This is a very odd one. So just to be clear, connected to your other router (modem) you get games straight away? 

If so, I think the simplest thing here is to factory reset your R1 so you can rule out it being the cause. Click the 'i' in the top right corner to access the factory reset option

10 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

This is a very odd one. So just to be clear, connected to your other router (modem) you get games straight away? 

If so, I think the simplest thing here is to factory reset your R1 so you can rule out it being the cause. Click the 'i' in the top right corner to access the factory reset option

So I did what you suggested and it worked. I was able to connect to the lobbies much much faster whereas before I would time out.  

After doing this I experimented a little and put myself back in Geofilter on filter mode,  this still did not work and I couldn't find a game.

I remembered reading that you guys suggested spectating mode and setting your ping assist to 5ms above your base ping. Well this helped tremendously. With geofilter set to filter in my area I am unable to get games in New Jersey, but after doing this I consistently connect to the NJ servers and don't have to wait extremely long times. Its longer than without but not bad at all. Ty guys so much for working with us through this. Maybe you guys could give this post a boost so others can get help. Or maybe post this as a workaround (if you havent already, forget where I read it) until the geofilter works like normal again.

Recap

Set my geofilter to Spectate and set my ping assist to 5ms above my local server ping. Also set to strict

My ping to my local server was 10ms so I set ping assist to 15ms

On 11/19/2018 at 6:29 AM, nunogsm said:

im in portugal, and some times i go play to saudi region, because there are many bots :D

activate strict mode
and set ping assist to zero, 
reboot your console, lunch game and now, you are ready to play in saudi region

I did that. Now it seems like it blocked the servers which are outside the range. But it is taking so long in searching. 

Edit: I found out that it is not connecting to the server in Saudi Arabia, could that be because my ping will be very high if it connected me to that server? Because sometimes when I play with my friends in Saudi Arabia my ping is around +300

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 11.49.18 PM.png

5 hours ago, Lennyhos1 said:

So I did what you suggested and it worked. I was able to connect to the lobbies much much faster whereas before I would time out.  

After doing this I experimented a little and put myself back in Geofilter on filter mode,  this still did not work and I couldn't find a game.

I remembered reading that you guys suggested spectating mode and setting your ping assist to 5ms above your base ping. Well this helped tremendously. With geofilter set to filter in my area I am unable to get games in New Jersey, but after doing this I consistently connect to the NJ servers and don't have to wait extremely long times. Its longer than without but not bad at all. Ty guys so much for working with us through this. Maybe you guys could give this post a boost so others can get help. Or maybe post this as a workaround (if you havent already, forget where I read it) until the geofilter works like normal again.

Recap

Set my geofilter to Spectate and set my ping assist to 5ms above my local server ping. Also set to strict

My ping to my local server was 10ms so I set ping assist to 15ms

Im just gonna try the same. Just have a few questions: did you still choose PlayStation under device settings so its showing as console in geo?

Did you port forwarding any gates?

And then a stupid question, where do i find local server ping 😕

best regards 

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, almajedhs said:

I did that. Now it seems like it blocked the servers which are outside the range. But it is taking so long in searching. 

Edit: I found out that it is not connecting to the server in Saudi Arabia, could that be because my ping will be very high if it connected me to that server? Because sometimes when I play with my friends in Saudi Arabia my ping is around +300

Hey, welcome to the forum! Judging by your screenshot you aren't on DumaOS yet. DumaOS is a free software upgrade, and you can find it here if you're interested in getting it: https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/

BO4 might not even have servers in Saudi Arabia - it all depends on their infrastructure. If the game is taking a while to find a game, the general rule of thumb is to increase your radius until you're able to find games easier. I know a few Saudi Arabian players who connect to Europe all the time since the server infrastructure isn't great for your area.

6 hours ago, BeNNerG said:

Im just gonna try the same. Just have a few questions: did you still choose PlayStation under device settings so its showing as console in geo?

Did you port forwarding any gates?

And then a stupid question, where do i find local server ping 😕

best regards 

UDP Port 3074 should open automatically but I had to enter the rule after the factory reset

I know my local server ping from when I have connected to them before and noticed what it was. 

6 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hey, welcome to the forum! Judging by your screenshot you aren't on DumaOS yet. DumaOS is a free software upgrade, and you can find it here if you're interested in getting it: https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/

BO4 might not even have servers in Saudi Arabia - it all depends on their infrastructure. If the game is taking a while to find a game, the general rule of thumb is to increase your radius until you're able to find games easier. I know a few Saudi Arabian players who connect to Europe all the time since the server infrastructure isn't great for your area.

But when I played with my friends in Saudi Arabia, a server/host showed up in Saudi Arabia in the geo-filter map. 

And thanks I will try to update it today

• Netduma Staff
17 hours ago, almajedhs said:

But when I played with my friends in Saudi Arabia, a server/host showed up in Saudi Arabia in the geo-filter map. 

And thanks I will try to update it today

Thanks for letting us know. It's probably a case of the Saudi Arabia server either being full or unavailable at certain times, and since there's no other decent servers in the area you're just unable to connect. Usually if it's unavailable it'd try to connect you to some ridiculously far away server. Update it and use Ping Assist - see how you get on with that :)

On 11/22/2018 at 7:05 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Thanks for letting us know. It's probably a case of the Saudi Arabia server either being full or unavailable at certain times, and since there's no other decent servers in the area you're just unable to connect. Usually if it's unavailable it'd try to connect you to some ridiculously far away server. Update it and use Ping Assist - see how you get on with that :)

So I updated it to DumaOS, and I am still unable to connect with people in Saudi Arabia.

Here are my new settings: 

also, my net type is Moderate right now, is there a way to make it open using the new firmware. I am connecting my netduma to a router that I don't have an access to, so if there is a way to make the net type open that would be great. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 4.44.45 PM.png

• Administrators

As I'm unsure if there are servers in your location I'd advise setting your Ping Assist to 20-30ms above your base ping and see if you can get games that way.

Its quite hard to get an open NAT without being able to access the upstream router so may not be possible but UPnP/Port forwarding in settings will help just like in previous firmware.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As I'm unsure if there are servers in your location I'd advise setting your Ping Assist to 20-30ms above your base ping and see if you can get games that way.

Its quite hard to get an open NAT without being able to access the upstream router so may not be possible but UPnP/Port forwarding in settings will help just like in previous firmware.

when I increase the ping assist, it connects me to servers outside the range

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, almajedhs said:

when I increase the ping assist, it connects me to servers outside the range

Yes but they will be under your Ping Assist limit, means you get good games and don't miss the opportunity due to your radius being too strict

On 10/14/2018 at 12:07 AM, Netduma Admin said:

I think there are some servers which are shaking as peers which we will need to update our Cloud for to recategorise. 

You should always see an icon on your map when in a game. If this is not happening, please let us know. 

Good to know you’re seeing a Florida server - we’ll reperform the test on Monday and update the Map. I suspect more are being switched on as the game grows. 

I do not see any player icons in MP when on a dedi. only see other players when on a p2p. 

at times i do not even see the dedi in Sinapore, even when on it.

• Administrators

That first point is true for most PS4 players. It’s the game - not DumaOS - that’s responsible for that. 

On the second point - what can you see on your Geo-Filter Map when on a Singapore server that’s not appearing there? Is it just in the wrong location on your Map?