How are you finding DumaOS on the R1?

Netduma Admin

• Administrators
1 minute ago, lllRL said:

Yep I was checking out the GUI via mobile and desktop versions of Chrome. 

There's no such thing as open NAT on the PS4 test. Optimal is Type 2 but it doesn't translate to open as you can still have moderate or strict in game with it as I do now. 

Can you make an unlisted video showing the issues you're having on Chrome please? UPnP works fine for me, I'm unable to reproduce it. I run a connection test on PS4, one port opens then I load up CoD and 3074 then opens

5 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

On the UPNP issue - do you have another router further upstream? If so, could you put it in Bridge Mode or Modem mode or put the R1 in its DMZ?

We tested UPNP pretty heavily so this is an odd one. 

What’s your NAT reading on the PS4 itself (not the game, the actual console NAT test)?

No, I have the cleanest setup possible really - HG612 in bridge mode, then the R1. However the device manager seems to think that isn't the case. If I look at the tree/map thing, it shows:

Modem - WAN - router - Netduma R1. Dafuq? Lol 

Console test shows Type 2. Again this isn't open and it doesn't translate directly to open/moderate/strict, so it's hard to tell, but I'd say it's fairly safe to assume UPnP just isn't working because it doesn't show the necessary ports. You can have Type 2 and open or Type 2 and strict. 

Edit: how do I make a video on Chrome? Lol

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, lllRL said:

No, I have the cleanest setup possible really - HG612 in bridge mode, then the R1. However the device manager seems to think that isn't the case. If I look at the tree/map thing, it shows:

Modem - WAN - router - Netduma R1. Dafuq? Lol 

Console test shows Type 2. Again this isn't open and it doesn't translate directly to open/moderate/strict, so it's hard to tell, but I'd say it's fairly safe to assume UPnP just isn't working because it doesn't show the necessary ports. You can have Type 2 and open or Type 2 and strict. 

Edit: how do I make a video on Chrome? Lol

What do you mean it shows Netduma R1? Its coming up as a device on the LAN/WiFi branch?

As I say the UPnP table populates for me, is the console connecting automatically or have you manually set it?

Download a screen recorder like OBS and record the screen

16 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What do you mean it shows Netduma R1? Its coming up as a device on the LAN/WiFi branch?

As I say the UPnP table populates for me, is the console connecting automatically or have you manually set it?

Download a screen recorder like OBS and record the screen

I was supposed to grab screenshots last night on the laptop but I forgot to send them to my phone. Actually while I'm here I can screenshot the device manager from my mobile browser as the tree has the same layout. Strange stuff indeed. 

I'll get the laptop out anyway and recheck the LAN/WAN screen and drop down menus again. 

Screenshot_20181011-162708.png

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thats expected behaviour. Netduma R1 is your WiFi name

Oh okay. Any idea what's "offline"? 😂

Here's what my laptop was showing yesterday. If I clicked on any drop down menu it would just glow as if I was holding it, then release without bringing up the options inside.

_20181011_164723.JPG.2fce17508ab22456b5f9c58d95e58a4a.JPG

Also this is what I meant by the several screens sitting on top of each other under LAN settings. If I clicked a new tab the text from the previous one would kinda get stuck and I had to move my cursor away to the edge of the screen to sort it. Weird. 

_20181011_165304.JPG.1b79bd054d74169cd68ac863c863d5e1.JPG

Idk if a reboot helped or if my laptop was just taking a dump because the drop down menus are good today.

_20181011_164822.JPG.beed6e4d5612ac8f6713742157490ddf.JPG

Navigating the GUI feels more responsive in general. I noticed quite a lot of lag yesterday when bringing up the dashboard or geofilter screens. 

However UPnP is still doing nothing. 

_20181011_164759.JPG.739a807e974ad7ad0a81b37b59059c94.JPG

Edit: sorry I missed one of your questions. My R1 picked up the PS4 as soon as it turned on 👍 I've noticed the device manager now seems more accurate in detecting device type, and it's cool it picks either Xbox or PlayStation now. 

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

For the Settings error did you delete a console for device manager or any other device that UPnP would have opened ports for?

For the settings error you just need to reboot/disconnect the high priority detected traffic device at a guess.

First time I rebooted a wifi connected xbox it caused it. Just a few mins ago I rebooted an ethernet connected xbox. As soon as it was device disconnected in device manager/port table for wired, you can go to network settings and it'll throw the error. Wifi xbox was just reboot and it wasn't connected at the time when it was still traffic detected.

I shutdown the ethernet xbox and waited until it wasn't high priority detected, pulled the cable to disconnect it, off to network settings with no errors. 

Both times the upnp list had(has) auto forwarded ports

BO4 has client host servers and some dedis. client host isn't nice. the auto ping didn't work out who was host or find the dedi when i was on some (would have been sydney severs) at least you can see in game with network settings, if you have ping/packet loss info vs no ping/packet loss info on network screen if it's running off dedi usually. multiple games with a single cable modem person with a good 2x send/receive rate over the rest of the people playing in the clienthost games 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, SturdyFugur said:

For the settings error you just need to reboot/disconnect the high priority detected traffic device at a guess.

First time I rebooted a wifi connected xbox it caused it. Just a few mins ago I rebooted an ethernet connected xbox. As soon as it was device disconnected in device manager/port table for wired, you can go to network settings and it'll throw the error. Wifi xbox was just reboot and it wasn't connected at the time when it was still traffic detected.

I shutdown the ethernet xbox and waited until it wasn't high priority detected, pulled the cable to disconnect it, off to network settings with no errors. 

Both times the upnp list had(has) auto forwarded ports

BO4 has client host servers and some dedis. client host isn't nice. the auto ping didn't work out who was host or find the dedi when i was on some (would have been sydney severs) at least you can see in game with network settings, if you have ping/packet loss info vs no ping/packet loss info on network screen if it's running off dedi usually. multiple games with a single cable modem person with a good 2x send/receive rate over the rest of the people playing in the clienthost games 

Is this Blackout or Multiplayer? We haven't had a chance to test Multiplayer yet as download is huge! Blackout looks absolutely fine though!

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is this Blackout or Multiplayer? We haven't had a chance to test Multiplayer yet as download is huge! Blackout looks absolutely fine though!

Multiplayer. tdm (and chaos tdm playlists). same 7 or 8 people keep showing up in the list to play with. assuming everyone else is playing blackout. I tried solo blackout a couple of hours ago. couldn't find a game, so went back to tdm. Probably everyone moved to playstation years ago, or pc for it looking great. only a 7 day wait for dlc content this time

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, FLEX_Jastrzebie said:

I noticed that UPnP does not work if we have enabled strict mode and the xbox live server with which the connection is tested is outside of the GEO-Filter circle. So it has to be?

Whats the server ID? Haven't encountered anything like that on PS4

ID 853329f4d024878c 

this happens after restarting the router when the UPnP letter is empty and I have set the Call of Duty profile where the strict mode is enabled. After turning on the Xbox and switching to the network settings, it pops up
"Can not get the Teredo connection's IP address" and does not display the NAT type. The port 3074 does not appear in UPnP. It is only when the strict mode or the GEO filter is switched off so that the xbox live server is in the UPnP circle it starts to work and displays port 3074.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is your screen resolution? Still get the weird settings? Did you do a connection test on PS4 and refresh on UPnP? If so apply again then try

I believe it's 1366 x 768 but don't quote me on that. I've not used the laptop much as it's not mine 😂 but yeah it all looks fine now.

I tried disabling and re-enabling UPnP and then doing a connection test on the PS4 before loading up a game again. Still moderate NAT :(

The second problem. I started BO3 on xbox and when selecting Europe in GEO-Filter did not search for any match. It was only when I set the Battlefield profile that I found the match but the players were from the USA and I had 130ms ping.

Only when you turn off Filtering Mode normally looks for players from Europe.

So after playing a few games in blops4, I've noticed that no players appear on the geo map when connecting to them. Also noticed that when joining a game I was being connected to a dedi server in the UK and then back to the dedi in Sydney Australia. Also noticed that a good number of people would sponge my bullets and then the killcam wouldn't even show me shooting yet 😕 Ping sat at a stable 25ms to the Sydney dedi which is normal from Adelaide. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, FLEX_Jastrzebie said:

ID 853329f4d024878c 

this happens after restarting the router when the UPnP letter is empty and I have set the Call of Duty profile where the strict mode is enabled. After turning on the Xbox and switching to the network settings, it pops up
"Can not get the Teredo connection's IP address" and does not display the NAT type. The port 3074 does not appear in UPnP. It is only when the strict mode or the GEO filter is switched off so that the xbox live server is in the UPnP circle it starts to work and displays port 3074.

If you allow the server on the Geo-Filter does it work then with the filter enabled?

1 hour ago, lllRL said:

I believe it's 1366 x 768 but don't quote me on that. I've not used the laptop much as it's not mine 😂 but yeah it all looks fine now.

I tried disabling and re-enabling UPnP and then doing a connection test on the PS4 before loading up a game again. Still moderate NAT :(

That may be why then, good spot. If you look on a bigger screen is it okay?

Is UPnP populating with ports though?

1 hour ago, FLEX_Jastrzebie said:

The second problem. I started BO3 on xbox and when selecting Europe in GEO-Filter did not search for any match. It was only when I set the Battlefield profile that I found the match but the players were from the USA and I had 130ms ping.

Only when you turn off Filtering Mode normally looks for players from Europe.

I think thats more to do with the amount of players, especially with BO4 dropping today can't imagine theres many BO3 players about 

9 minutes ago, SwiftCookie said:

So after playing a few games in blops4, I've noticed that no players appear on the geo map when connecting to them. Also noticed that when joining a game I was being connected to a dedi server in the UK and then back to the dedi in Sydney Australia. Also noticed that a good number of people would sponge my bullets and then the killcam wouldn't even show me shooting yet 😕 Ping sat at a stable 25ms to the Sydney dedi which is normal from Adelaide. 

The game uses dedicated servers so you won't see the players. The server you're talking about I assume has a white circle around it which means it's required for online authentication, you're playing on the Aus server.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That may be why then, good spot. If you look on a bigger screen is it okay?

Is UPnP populating with ports though?

All seems better now. I don't know if it was rebooting the R1 after changing settings or rebooting the laptop that did it, but I haven't been able to replicate those issues. To be fair my laptop was having a rough day judging by how slowly it was trying to load the GUI in the first place lol

UPnP still won't populate. Tried disabling, re-enabling and then rebooting again but no bueno. I then decided to try a test. 

I know for a fact that if my phone can connect to the PS4 over Remote Play, ports are being opened because I never port forward them simply because both console and phone require a handful of ports each, and they always seem to change on the phone end. I was able to connect via Remote Play. I then checked the UPnP page and still no ports were appearing, even after another connection test and then opening both a CoD game and a FIFA game. UPnP should show port 3658 (or is it 3659) labeled "EA" as it did prior to installing DumaOS. NAT type in CoD was still moderate. 

So I went into port forwarding, set up UDP 3074 for my console, closed and reopened CoD, and voilà - open NAT. So now I'm really confused because I wouldn't be able to use Remote Play without UPnP...

Edit: I also tried FLEX's suggestion above. I tried both putting the filter in spectator mode and deleting my console from it entirely, as well as disabling strict mode. Still no open NAT without port forwarding. 

🤨

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, lllRL said:

All seems better now. I don't know if it was rebooting the R1 after changing settings or rebooting the laptop that did it, but I haven't been able to replicate those issues. To be fair my laptop was having a rough day judging by how slowly it was trying to load the GUI in the first place lol

UPnP still won't populate. Tried disabling, re-enabling and then rebooting again but no bueno. I then decided to try a test. 

I know for a fact that if my phone can connect to the PS4 over Remote Play, ports are being opened because I never port forward them simply because both console and phone require a handful of ports each, and they always seem to change on the phone end. I was able to connect via Remote Play. I then checked the UPnP page and still no ports were appearing, even after another connection test and then opening both a CoD game and a FIFA game. UPnP should show port 3658 (or is it 3659) labeled "EA" as it did prior to installing DumaOS. NAT type in CoD was still moderate. 

So I went into port forwarding, set up UDP 3074 for my console, closed and reopened CoD, and voilà - open NAT. So now I'm really confused because I wouldn't be able to use Remote Play without UPnP...

Edit: I also tried FLEX's suggestion above. I tried both putting the filter in spectator mode and deleting my console from it entirely, as well as disabling strict mode. Still no open NAT without port forwarding. 

🤨

Okay interesting, think it would be best to get remote access to your router and have a developer take a look. Would you be able to PM Netduma Admin for a time slot tomorrow?

18 minutes ago, Ducky62 said:

Question about traffic prioritization.   I don’t see an option for call of duty specifically when I add my PS4.    Which option should I be choosing or do I need to manually forward ports?

You would choose Games Console but you don't need to do this as DumaOS Classified Games covers consoles already automatically.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay interesting, think it would be best to get remote access to your router and have a developer take a look. Would you be able to PM Netduma Admin for a time slot tomorrow?

You would choose Games Console but you don't need to do this as DumaOS Classified Games covers consoles already automatically.

Ok.  That’s great.    One more thing.   Is there a way to change network monitor settings to kbps instead of mbps for the graphs?

On 10/11/2018 at 9:58 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could I get back to you tomorrow afternoon to request a slot? I've got a sleep disorder so I couldn't guarantee being available at a suitable time unless we confirm tomorrow lol, sorry. 

Edit: this is getting super weird. UPnP is off and I'm still able to connect to Remote Play! 

Ffs, woke up at 11pm as well. Lucky I didn't book a slot. 🙄