Open Beta of DumaOS on the Netduma R1: General Discussion

Netduma Admin

Any New Firmware updates?  Ive went back to my stock modem router and its been great, But id really love to use my DUMA,  If there has been anymore work done on it?  Or should i just go back to Old firmware?     I Love not having to reset the router everynight to get an Open Nat!  Thats that only reason i went back to my stock modem router! 

On 12/26/2018 at 10:13 AM, IGotzPotatoAim said:

Blocks friends and takes longer to get lobbies!   Its for sure not a false reading!   Its kinda like the OS is not renewing the port FW or UPNP,  And it does it with either GEO on Or Off!    If you Reboot the R1 then open the game, Its open!   If you restart the game it will stay open!   But if you shut the game off for more then like 5-10 minutes and start it back up, Its back to MOD NAT!  And It for sure effects the game lobbies, Friends cant join in game, and lobbies take longer and there not as good for sure!  

This happens to me everytime I play. I have to do the exact same thing.

Yes Fraser,  Ive Tried UPNP, Tried Static, Tried Port Forwarding EVERY port needed ,  Tried running both at the same time! Its just like everyone else having the same issue,   That's why ive been just waiting for a fix!   Is this bug being looked at by chance? Thank you for your quick reply and thanks for your time :)

I've tried Instant on and power mode off!  And Its perfectly fine just running my stock modem router, Open All the time!   And it was always open before on old firmware, Like before i updated to DUMA OS,  I Had all my ports forwarded and set,  It was perfect, After update,  No matter what i do,  I Have to reset the R1 everynight to get it to OPEN NAT,  If i don't, Its MOD NAT,  Even if i shut off the game for an hour and come back and reopen the game, Its back to MOD NAT, And i have to Reset the R1 again to get it to OPEN,  And it is actually blocking me from joining people and people joining me!  So its not just a Visual bug!   There is ALOT of people on this form having the same Issue!  

• Netduma Staff
5 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

Nope it dont matter if Geo is on or off,  Either way it still does it! 

I reckon you should try downgrading and checking if you get a moderate NAT even after that step. Make sure you're careful when you go about this.

If you do get an open NAT, try upgrading again and factory reset the router when the upgrade is complete.

- R1 Downgrade guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000085792-downgrading-back-to-the-original-r1-firmware-from-dumaos
- R1 Upgrade guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000085793-upgrading-your-netduma-r1-to-dumaos