VPN Users Required

On 9/11/2018 at 11:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi all, soon we will be releasing DumaOS for the R1. However, we require people who actively use a VPN to test our VPN Hybrid R-App for the R1. Please post here if you actively use a VPN and are willing to test this feature for us.

If you do not use a VPN please do not post here.

In your post please include the answers to the following questions:

• Do you use the VPN Hybrid feature on the original R1 firmware?
  • What VPN Provider do you use?

Hi Fraser,

Happy to help test here now that I'm on DumaOS Beta. I use PIA VPN and I'm using the R1.

• Netduma Staff
3 minutes ago, 0ops_sorry said:

hi i bought a  x500 is there a way i can use my vpn i only see hma,  i use  nordvpn ?

We're working on a Hybrid VPN feature that could one day allow you to use any VPN on the planet. We'll keep everyone posted on that!

On 9/11/2018 at 2:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi all, soon we will be releasing DumaOS for the R1. However, we require people who actively use a VPN to test our VPN Hybrid R-App for the R1. Please post here if you actively use a VPN and are willing to test this feature for us.

If you do not use a VPN please do not post here.

In your post please include the answers to the following questions:

• Do you use the VPN Hybrid feature on the original R1 firmware?
  • What VPN Provider do you use?

Although this thread was for R1, I see lots of people talking of XR500 so thought I would volunteer for the XR500 too (if being considered) 😆.

My NAS (Synology) currently routes all traffic via a VPN (NordVPN) configured on it.

Would be happy to configure another VPN via the router for testing also.

Cheers!

• Administrators

HI All - good news. We will soon have a firmware with Hybrid VPN for beta testing. This is currently just on the R1.

We will PM everyone who has posted in this thread and owns the R1 the firmware link when it's ready. But you must have already signed up to the wider R1 DumaOS Open Beta, please make sure you do it here if you haven't already: https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

UPDATED the original post to say this:

Closed beta testing of Hybrid VPN is now underway! Everyone who posted in this thread that owns an R1 will soon receive a private message with the upgrade firmware.

If you own an R1 and would like to help us test Hybrid VPN, please post in this thread.

XR500 & XR700 users - please also post in this thread if you are keen to test Hybrid VPN. NETGEAR may want to take a similar approach as we are doing with the R1 so building a list of willing testers could be very helpful.

Thanks

Already did say but will say again to make sure it's seen 😬

XR500

NordVPN - used continuously on my NAS