XR500 Firmware V2.3.2.32 released

Guest Killhippie

I definitely had Auto ping disabled and then manually selected it for performing a ping test. The manual ping test was taking forever and never displaying any result/graph. Hence I stand unable to block it for some reason. Every time I connect to it the DumaOS can't give me details on it so I can't tell whether its the same server or not, but definitely it's the same server coz of the ping results found in-game.

Whether it's a server or a server bank, how can I block both of them? 

If you need additional data/info please hit me up. 

• Netduma Staff
49 minutes ago, Z.Janahi said:

I definitely had Auto ping disabled and then manually selected it for performing a ping test. The manual ping test was taking forever and never displaying any result/graph. Hence I stand unable to block it for some reason. Every time I connect to it the DumaOS can't give me details on it so I can't tell whether its the same server or not, but definitely it's the same server coz of the ping results found in-game.

Whether it's a server or a server bank, how can I block both of them? 

If you need additional data/info please hit me up. 

Hm, this is a weird one! Something must be pretty unique about that server, usually a ping result should display pretty quickly. Have you tried switching browser / device and pinging it?

I'll forward this on to a developer just so they're aware that it might be happening. It's difficult to test for though since there's thousands of servers it could be!

You could always keep it outside your radius with Strict Mode on - don't be afraid to move your home location to find better servers!

Haven't tried with another browser/laptop, using Chrome on a windows OS system, will give it a try anyhow.

Currently it's out of my radius however I rarely find games/players and it takes ages, sometimes when I find filled lobbies the host would be bad and the games host selection seems broken now on Bo4. Unfortunately no nearby servers around my location and the server shown is the nearest yet ping is always 150ms for some reason despite of physical distance being 600km 

Update

Seems that server is now dropped with the latest patch 1.08

However, in game Network stats screen shows that I'm connected to a server while on DumaOS it mentions Peer

BO4 needs a serious network improvement work

BO4 ingame network stats 061218.jpg

DumaOSXR500 Server vs Peer.png

• Administrators

That's a server you're on there - we just need to update our classification as Treyarch have added a lot of dedicated servers so it's a big job. We're looking into ways we can optimise this.

Thanks for the response. Can you please guide me on how to identify the server location using the domain address/name independent of DumaOS map (for info purposes only)

P.S Any info on Ping Assist coming to the XR500?

Any chance the new firmware will fix the random reboot issue, I’ve already troubleshot plenty with jack and Frazier here and on netgear forum, other accounts soloflyerz.  Once again I was fine for weeks maybe longer and now yet again today reboots mid game, beta firmware from September or October kinda fixes it, but eventually it comes back.  Can’t help but feel like a 300 dollar purchase beta tester and wish I’d have stuck with the R1 which served me fine aside from WiFi being pretty rough. Seems like the move to partner with netgear has kinda turned netduma upside down lately in all kinds of areas including R1 issues of late.  Starting to wonder if the slight advantage of the extra options we have are worth the headache lately, looking around seems others are in the same boat.   Loved netduma since I bought the R1, but can’t help feeling like it’s not working like it once did or is supposed to recently on top of this ongoing reboot thing I’ve had since release. 

• Administrators

Hi there -  next firmware should be super stable so hopefully it helps with your issue. Shouldn’t be a long wait now, the firmware is going through final testing which is the last step. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Netduma staff. I was part of the XR700 beta (i captured a ton of wireshark data for Battlefield on PC for you guys), and because of your forum and support here, I dropped the cash on a XR500 today. The XR700 after the beta test, started all the sudden dropping packets and rubberbanding while playing games on my PC (wired) and having packet loss on Wifi connections as well. I tried troubleshooting with anything i could think of, then I replaced the XR700 beta router (on FW 1.0.0.20) with my old netgear X4S and the issues went away. I tried the XR700 again last night since there is consumer firmware in the wild, and with latest firmware, still same issue.

Hopefully the XR500 will perform as good as my X4S router that I may need to retire from old age soon. I love how the hybrid VPN works when tried on the XR700, expressVPN setup was very easy to do.

Thanks for being passionate about your software and bringing us the best router OS.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum! The Netgear team are looking into those issues on the XR700 (probably why it's the XR500 firmware was released beforehand) and so will hopefully be fixed soon. Hopefully the XR500 works better for you!