Losing Ethernet connection - But Wifi is ok

• Administrators

Some how I could not paste the screen shots I did during trouble shooting.  I did route print; ipconfig; and  ping. If you interested I could send it out.

1. I had laptop connected via wire with disabled WIFI radio. route print; ipconfig with subsequential ping was done

2. while wire connected I enabled WIFI radio, and did route print; ipconfig and ping again

3. rebooted the router and disconnected WIFI did ipconfig and ping to prove that default gateway is pingable

I did not see anything in the log files, current router KPIs are insufficient for troubleshooting, so I did not do any captures from the router.

I think they've already captured this information from my router when I had the issue, just a case of them figuring it out now and us chasing them for updates. Thanks for all the information, it's super helpful!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This has started again for me, and the only change is, I added an Xbox One X with Instant On.

I have now put it into Enery Saving.

My problem did stop last time, after I disconnected the Xbox One before, due to selling it, it was on Instant On setting.

• Administrators

Hi,

This has started again for me, and the only change is, I added an Xbox One X with Instant On.

I have now put it into Enery Saving.

My problem did stop last time, after I disconnected the Xbox One before, due to selling it, it was on Instant On setting.

Thanks for the update, I've sent you a PM with a potential fix.

• Administrators

Yes I would of had the issue by now.

I was getting it daily from when I added in the Xbox One.

Fantastic, assuming other users with the firmware don't continue to have the issue I'll let Netgear know its fixed the issue so it can be implemented as part of an official firmware.

• 9 months later...

Hi, looks like this forum has been quit for over a year,  

I just bought a new nighthawk xr500, 

I am also running a brand new xbox one x and when I shut my system down i lose all wired connections. Wifi works fine. My xbox and my laptop are the only things hardwired 

I need to turn off and on the xr500 to get wired connections back, 

I dont want to have to reset my router everytime I want to play xbox,. Please help, I have read all suggestions and have done everything that was said prior to my comments. Ipv6 is disabled, i checked for firmware updates and nothing, the problem still there. 

• Netduma Staff
9 hours ago, AlienAL said:

Hi, looks like this forum has been quit for over a year,  

I just bought a new nighthawk xr500, 

I am also running a brand new xbox one x and when I shut my system down i lose all wired connections. Wifi works fine. My xbox and my laptop are the only things hardwired 

I need to turn off and on the xr500 to get wired connections back, 

I dont want to have to reset my router everytime I want to play xbox,. Please help, I have read all suggestions and have done everything that was said prior to my comments. Ipv6 is disabled, i checked for firmware updates and nothing, the problem still there. 

Hi, welcome to the forum! Which firmware version are you on? Have you set a static IP on those hardwired devices, and do your WiFi devices stay online?

I'd recommend just making another post on the forum to get some more visibility for your issue :)