DumaOS/XR500 Support on Netduma Forum

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Fraser

When be released a new update for the xr500?, (autoping host, perma-temp ban dedi servers.. etc), Is being developed any app to manage the router from any mobile device?.

Thanks

Manuel

• Netduma Staff

Hi Fraser

When be released a new update for the xr500?, (autoping host, perma-temp ban dedi servers.. etc), Is being developed any app to manage the router from any mobile device?.

Thanks

Manuel

We'll let everyone know when a new update is available - all these features are highly requested so they should be out soon :)

Auto Ping is already available on the XR500 and has been from the start.

In terms of a phone app, we'll be working on that soon and keep you in the loop!

Will there be any further updates for this? or an update come out where you can control the router exactly as af a pc or laptop and change settings or like that ? that would be really awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the Nighthawk XR500, trying to figure out how to update the date and time on the router, the current date and time that the device has is, Wed Mar 14 17:46:25 UTC 2018.  I've searched through all of the options and I don't see an option for updating the Date and Time

• Administrators

The time zone is correct, but the date and time are still incorrect, today's date is Apr 29 2018, the device shows the date as Mar 14 2018.  How to I update the date and time?

If you give it a reboot it should auto correct itself

Hi I’ve recently purchased the XR500 as a replacement from my Netduma r1. I have been receiving abnormal ping I was at 16ms before but I have hit spikes of 70ms, it seems to have settled on 24ms. I am with sky and believe this might be the problem. I have put myself in DMZ mode to get open nat however this seems to have affected my bufferbloat when I turn off DMZ I get a moderate NAT but better gameplay. I rang Netgear support, however the person I spoke too didn’t seem to know what he was doing and even with remote access all he did was turn the geo filter on and off and said he thinks he fixed the problem :\ Anyways I’m hoping that someone from your team can help me in a remote session to fix bufferbloat and the abnormal ping.

I really don’t want to send this router back as I have saved my ass off for it.

Just to advise I have followed everything I know how.

Sky was in DMZ mode as you cannot put sky in modem mode. Upnp is on. QOS is 70 up and 70 down. Traffic is on always. I have 80 down and 20 up speed.

Please help:(

• Administrators

Hi Cwinston, welcome to the forum!

Sometimes when using a 3rd party router with an ISP hub it can take a little while to get used to, hence the increase in ping. If you wait a few days this may settle back to your original base ping which I'm assuming you meant with the 16ms. Otherwise you could copy the MAC address of the R1 and give the XR500 that MAC address and it should go back down, as well as stabilise it. 

DMZ will not affect your connection adversely so that will not be the problem. With the Geo-Filter ensure you're using the profiles to set it up optimally for the game you want to play. Traffic Prioritization should be utilised by leaving DumaOS Classified Games enabled. If you have not disabled the Sky WiFi and therefore do not have ALL devices connected to the XR500 then it can not control everything and therefore QoS will not be as effective so make sure you do that.

Then what it will come down to is your individual connection. In which case if you go through this guide you should be able to find the settings that work best for your specific connection: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection

Hi Netduma Fraser. Thanks for your quick reply you are just the person I wanted to speak too. I know you have had a high success rate by reading the forums in fixing these problems.

To be honest I only have very basic networking knowledge and trying to do the DMZ was a first for me and followed a few tutorials to get this done , I know Sky seems to be an issue due to sky Q wish I was back on virgin for modem mode :( anyways if it’s not too much trouble when you have time could you possibly remote access and fix my issue please. I’m sure it’s something I’m doing wrong even thou I have followed various tutorials and sim j guide on YouTube.

I’m just looking for that silky connection, which I believe the more I mess around with the router the worse I’m making it:/

Thanks a lot :)

• Administrators

I don't think there would be much that I could change to be honest by what you've described, the first part is potentially related to your ISP though the MAC address may help - look on the back of the R1 for that and then in Settings on the first page that appears scroll to the bottom and input that into the XR500. 

As long as you put the WAN IP found in System Information into the DMZ on the Sky hub and disable it's WiFi that will then be set optimally. So make sure to plug any devices that were previously connected to it via wire into the XR500 instead. As well as connecting any devices that were previously connected to it via WiFi to the XR500's WiFi network instead. That will allow the XR500 QoS to work efficiently. 

Then with the finding your perfect Anti-Bufferbloat settings that requires the trial and error of testing. Your network would be saturated as mentioned in the guide so I would barely able to change any settings when connected via TeamViewer. If after following the guide and testing you do not find that you're getting a stable sub 60ms ping on the Geo-Filter. Then I can definitely do TeamViewer with you as that could indicate an unknown issue that I'd have to try and debug but as of now it doesn't sound like any settings are incorrect. 

But of course do let us know if you have any questions or get stuck!

Hi Netduma Fraser. Thanks for your quick reply you are just the person I wanted to speak too. I know you have had a high success rate by reading the forums in fixing these problems.

To be honest I only have very basic networking knowledge and trying to do the DMZ was a first for me and followed a few tutorials to get this done , I know Sky seems to be an issue due to sky Q wish I was back on virgin for modem mode :( anyways if it’s not too much trouble when you have time could you possibly remote access and fix my issue please. I’m sure it’s something I’m doing wrong even thou I have followed various tutorials and sim j guide on YouTube.

I’m just looking for that silky connection, which I believe the more I mess around with the router the worse I’m making it:/

Thanks a lot :)

I have exactly the same issue, Sky Q, was 75/20 my base ping has increased from 9 to 25 with bad ping spikes and also Sky keep dropping my download speed its gone from 75 to 58 

Doesnt sound like a coincidence I wonder if sky dont like the xr500 amongst its setup 

Rousey I believe so. Sky were as useful as a chocolate teapot with this issue as well lol.

I’ll try this tomorrow Netduma Frazer hopefully I can get this to work or looks like I’ll be paying a leaving charge to Sky lol.

Haha yeh their customer service is questionable. Let me know your findings buddy if you don't mind  :)

I keep getting a moderate nat I seem to have reduced ping to 23ms which I can bare with I’m thinking of just going to virgin and putting this in modem mode. I’m sure sky seems to be conflicting with the router.

Sky have quoted me a different price now so virgin is no longer an option. I really like this router but it seems to have issues with Sky I have tried all the following Netduma Fraser. I may have to send this Netgear router back.

• Administrators

Have you followed all the advice I have given you so far? Including the PingPlotter tests?

If you did put the console in the DMZ on the XR500 then the Geo-Filter is probably causing a false reading of the NAT on CoD - that doesn't mean it's moderate. If it's open in the console network settings then it will be open. That's a fantastic ping so the router is definitely working as expected. If it's the server that you're not liking then change your home location/radius distance to force different servers. That's the great thing about the router, it's customisable to allow you to find exactly what works best for you.

You've only just posted so I would recommend you follow all our advice and experiment then like I said if you've done everything and you're still struggling then I can do a 1 on 1 but you've got a great ping.

It's very unlikely there is an issue between the compatibility of Sky and the router also.  

Hi Netduma Fraser I have done all that was required and have managed to get an open Nat, however on doing the ping plotter I can see there are some spikes which by your guide I believe this could be due to setup or ISP provider. I have sent you a picture of pingplotter to assist further.

If you can fix this via 1-1 I would be eternally grateful :)