Sign in to follow this  
Keith

Latency Spikes In Evening

Copy/paste job.  Posted in wrong forum, sorry!

I've been having latency issues in the evenings for the past 6-7 weeks.  This issue is currently being tracked down by my ISP.  All the techs that have visited have basically eliminated my home network and equipment from causing the latency and packet loss issues.

I'm posting here because the ISP support is having trouble isolating the cause (suspect it's ingress from other users in my area/cable internet) and I don't want them to start over at the beginning and suggest that I disconnect my Duma.  Frustrating part is the issue is always in the evening hours when local techs are off the clock, so I'm not certain that Comcast is even seeing what I'm seeing.  My modem specs during the time in question are within Comcast's suggested levels.

Can someone on the tech team please remotely access my Duma and run some sort of diagnostic tests and share the results with me?  I have ton's of data (pingplotter, modem specs, tracerts) suggesting the latency issues are on outside Comcast infrastructure and not my home network, but I want some more data to back it up.

I can share any/all information, but I want to do it in a private setting as I have not edited any ip or mac addresses.  I just want to show the engineers that my equipment is not the cause.

Thank you for your time-

Copy/paste job.  Posted in wrong forum, sorry!

I've been having latency issues in the evenings for the past 6-7 weeks.  This issue is currently being tracked down by my ISP.  All the techs that have visited have basically eliminated my home network and equipment from causing the latency and packet loss issues.

I'm posting here because the ISP support is having trouble isolating the cause (suspect it's ingress from other users in my area/cable internet) and I don't want them to start over at the beginning and suggest that I disconnect my Duma.  Frustrating part is the issue is always in the evening hours when local techs are off the clock, so I'm not certain that Comcast is even seeing what I'm seeing.  My modem specs during the time in question are within Comcast's suggested levels.

Can someone on the tech team please remotely access my Duma and run some sort of diagnostic tests and share the results with me?  I have ton's of data (pingplotter, modem specs, tracerts) suggesting the latency issues are on outside Comcast infrastructure and not my home network, but I want some more data to back it up.

I can share any/all information, but I want to do it in a private setting as I have not edited any ip or mac addresses.  I just want to show the engineers that my equipment is not the cause.

Thank you for your time-

Hi Keith - thank you for providing so much information. We're a small team working overtime on DumaOS at present so unfortunately we're only running 1 on 1 requests when you are asked by a member of forum staff. We can still provide great support through text though, and it'll mean our resident Modem experts like MoDBoX will be able to take a look and give you advice.

We may end up doing a 1 on 1 in the end but we would appreciate your patience with this. I'm confident we can give you some great advice and steps to try though text :D